Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Louisville and Lamar

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Louisville and Lamar
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:48:49 AM »
I watched the game last night.  Well, some of it. 

I don't know how Lamar Jackson performs at all what with Dave Flemming and both Hasselbeck brothers swinging from his ball sack. 

I was probably blind to it, but if the announcers fawned over Cam like they did over (a vastly overrated) Jackson last night?  I understand some of the hatred.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Louisville and Lamar
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »
I watched the game last night.  Well, some of it. 

I don't know how Lamar Jackson performs at all what with Dave Flemming and both Hasselbeck brothers swinging from his ball sack. 

I was probably blind to it, but if the announcers fawned over Cam like they did over (a vastly overrated) Jackson last night?  I understand some of the hatred.

I watched that game from the 2nd quarter on.  LJ is a great talent, no doubt, but far more with his legs than his arm.  I know he had some sick stats last year both running and passing, but I imagine a lot of it was because everyone had to respect his ability to take off.  He's not really a Heisman level QB in my opinion.  He just had these unbelievable games during the first half of last season and nobody stepped up to overtake him.

That being said, NC State is pretty solid to me.  They're huge on both sides of the line.  They play great defense.  Good QB play and nice skill position players.  Cole Cubelic said they were his dark horse team to make the playoffs. Umm, no!  Not on that level.  But I can see 10 wins out of them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »
I watched that game from the 2nd quarter on.  LJ is a great talent, no doubt, but far more with his legs than his arm.  I know he had some sick stats last year both running and passing, but I imagine a lot of it was because everyone had to respect his ability to take off.  He's not really a Heisman level QB in my opinion.  He just had these unbelievable games during the first half of last season and nobody stepped up to overtake him.

That being said, NC State is pretty solid to me.  They're huge on both sides of the line.  They play great defense.  Good QB play and nice skill position players.  Cole Cubelic said they were his dark horse team to make the playoffs. Umm, no!  Not on that level.  But I can see 10 wins out of them.

If they beat Clemson it will be hard to justify keeping them out of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 12:22:01 PM »
If they beat Clemson it will be hard to justify keeping them out of it.

Only Alabama can get in with a loss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 03:44:51 PM »

I'm afraid this might be truth.

Say we win out convincingly. You think they put us in?(#pipedream)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 04:01:06 PM »
They are actually allowed two loses per the Saban Rule.
Read up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 11:28:46 PM »
So. With LJ at the helm at AU, we win?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 11:46:42 PM »

I’m gonna say no.  He’d never see the field. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »
We saw him as a freshman running the option. Made us look stoopid. But he isn't a read option QB now I suppose because what that entails doesn't really suit Petrino. Deshaun Watson became less of a runner at Clemson even though it was his strength early on. See Bama QB transitioning as well.

Defense wins championships?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions