Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why They Should Stand

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Why They Should Stand
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:00:41 PM »
To me this is really simple. 

Standing up during the presentation of this nation's colors should transcend petty politics and some undefined perceived slight. 

You stand because that flag and our anthem represent the country that gives you the right to be there on that day, whether you are in the stands as a fan or on the field as a player, coach, owner or member of the press.  It doesn't represent democrats or republicans, blacks or whites.  It represents the freedom and liberty that has been forged over the last 241 years. 

It hasn't always been a smooth process. There have been bumps along the way. It hasn't always been perfect.  But show me another nation in the history of the world that has been as willing and able to adapt to changing societal norms.  Show me another nation on this earth that works as hard to protect the freedoms and proclivities of its citizens.

You stand because this is your home country, this is the only country on the planet where the issues and ills that plague you can be legitimately and effectively addressed. 

You stand because that flag represents the freedoms that allow you to safely play or attend a game and somehow believe that it is important in the grand scheme of things in any way whatsoever.

You stand because this is truly the only country in the world where your voice matters. 

You stand to honor the country.  You stand to respect the history and struggle that has gone into making this the greatest civilization that has ever existed.

You stand to honor the men and women who fought and died over the years to create a nation where leisure activities are a part of our daily routine; where our fight isn't for food or shelter but over frivolous things like football supremacy. 

You stand because this is America, the world's bastion of freedom and the one and only place on this planet where you know that most people at least try to do the right and honorable thing.   

You don't kneel to advance your own agenda. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Why They Should Stand
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 02:12:07 PM »
 :kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »
:kimclap:

Why thank you.  Please send this to President Trump.  I think my words would help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 02:21:27 PM »
I suspect that this kneeling doesn't have anything to do with police brutality, although it supposedly started that way with kapernick. It has everything to do with Trump being elected, imo. You have to read between the lines because I don't think even the kneelers know why they kneel.

But I do know that the ONLY thing that will change the direction is boycotting the NFL and it's advertisers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »
I suspect that this kneeling doesn't have anything to do with police brutality, although it supposedly started that way with kapernick. It has everything to do with Trump being elected, imo. You have to read between the lines because I don't think even the kneelers know why they kneel.

But I do know that the ONLY thing that will change the direction is boycotting the NFL and it's advertisers.

I'm going to miss Cam, but......

#BoycottNFL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »

If the social mediaz are any indication, I think we can expect an even sharper decline in ratings starting right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »
If the social mediaz are any indication, I think we can expect an even sharper decline in ratings starting right now.
So, are you saying that Kaos calling for a boycott is the beginning of the end for the NFL?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 03:10:00 PM »
Tonight could be interesting, Jerry has said his guys will stand, I have a faint feeling somebody his going to kneel. I could see Jerry cutting that player(s?) right there on the spot, at halftime or the very next day.

Jerry is first and foremost a business man, he does something like that and cowboy stuff would be flying off the shelf. 

In reference to kneeling, I find disgraceful, I have served my country, those that are kneeling have never had to risk their life, sacrifice for a true belief.  But yet they have the right (I fought for it), my right is not to support their product.

Nobody wins at this, just keeps the teams in the locker rooms till afterwards.

Edit: Since the NFL as a whole has supported the kneeling I would wish the DoD would quit sending support troops for the games.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:48:59 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 04:19:47 PM »
Edit: Since the NFL has a whole has supported the kneeling I would wish the DoD would quit sending support troops for the games.

I'll take it a step further and wish that police would stop providing law enforcement to work games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 04:47:17 PM »
This should be required watching for every kid in America.  This is what a true leader does

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »
I'll take it a step further and wish that police would stop providing law enforcement to work games.

Good point.   :thumsup: :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »
While I'm on this subject, I really don't want to hear LeBron James' uneducated opinions on this or any other topic. 

I don't want to hear Steph Curry's childish, uneducated opinions.  I don't care what Collin Pimperdink or Mark "Fucking Punk" Ingram thinks. 

I don't know how we got to a point in this country where some highly paid, woefully undereducated athlete believes they should pontificate on politics or social issues. 

I hold them in the same disdain that I do people like Jim Carrey, Jimmy Kimmel, Jon Stewart, Colbert, Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and their ilk.  They've never done anything of true substance, yet they feel obligated to lecture the rest of us for not being as austere as they are. 

Shoot the fucking ball, LeBron.  After that, shut your fucking mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 01:45:33 PM »
While I'm on this subject, I really don't want to hear LeBron James' uneducated opinions on this or any other topic. 

I don't want to hear Steph Curry's childish, uneducated opinions.  I don't care what Collin Pimperdink or Mark "Fucking Punk" Ingram thinks. 

I don't know how we got to a point in this country where some highly paid, woefully undereducated athlete believes they should pontificate on politics or social issues. 

I hold them in the same disdain that I do people like Jim Carrey, Jimmy Kimmel, Jon Stewart, Colbert, Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and their ilk.  They've never done anything of true substance, yet they feel obligated to lecture the rest of us for not being as austere as they are. 

Shoot the fucking ball, LeBron.  After that, shut your fucking mouth.

, I too agree players are employees and should be fired when they continue to use race as an excuse to disrespect America and exploit hard-working fans' time and money. There are approximately 6,000 homicide victims of black-on-black crime and over 500,000 black babies aborted annually, but let's raise a fist and kneel during the national anthem to protest the injustice of 200 black Americans shot by police each year; or roughly half the number of whites killed annually by law enforcement - some justified, some not - without one hijacked sporting event, political march or race riot. Only in America can 13% of the population account for 50% of violent crime and still labor under the delusion white racism is 100 percent to blame for all the problems in the black community. Numbers, unlike unemployed quarterbacks and overpaid players, don't lie and ignorant political stunts do nothing to change all lives for the better. Respecting America should never be incumbent upon who's president, but rather a universal respect for a way of life that transcends all races, struggles and ideologies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 02:28:50 PM »
Tonight could be interesting, Jerry has said his guys will stand, I have a faint feeling somebody his going to kneel. I could see Jerry cutting that player(s?) right there on the spot, at halftime or the very next day.

Jerry is first and foremost a business man, he does something like that and cowboy stuff would be flying off the shelf. 

In reference to kneeling, I find disgraceful, I have served my country, those that are kneeling have never had to risk their life, sacrifice for a true belief.  But yet they have the right (I fought for it), my right is not to support their product.

Nobody wins at this, just keeps the teams in the locker rooms till afterwards.

Edit: Since the NFL as a whole has supported the kneeling I would wish the DoD would quit sending support troops for the games.
All of the Cowboys kneeled and locked arms, including Jerry Jones, before the anthem.
Dotard tweeted out that he was happy to hear the boos from the Cardinal fans and said it was the loudest boos he has ever heard (someone tell him that not everything is the biggest, greatest, loudest ever)

Then they all stood, still locked arms, during the anthem
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

dallaswareagle

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 03:10:54 PM »
All of the Cowboys kneeled and locked arms, including Jerry Jones, before the anthem.
Dotard tweeted out that he was happy to hear the boos from the Cardinal fans and said it was the loudest boos he has ever heard (someone tell him that not everything is the biggest, greatest, loudest ever)

Then they all stood, still locked arms, during the anthem

Don't give a shit what they do before or after. They stood during.   :thumsup:

And if the players really want to make a stand, Don't play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 12:59:27 AM »

Don't give a shit what they do before or after. They stood during.   :thumsup:

And if the players really want to make a stand, Don't play.

That is sorta the way I feel. But it's gone so far now, that I don't care anymore. I just won't watch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
To me this is really simple. 

Standing up during the presentation of this nation's colors should transcend petty politics and some undefined perceived slight. 

You stand because that flag and our anthem represent the country that gives you the right to be there on that day, whether you are in the stands as a fan or on the field as a player, coach, owner or member of the press.  It doesn't represent democrats or republicans, blacks or whites.  It represents the freedom and liberty that has been forged over the last 241 years. 

It hasn't always been a smooth process. There have been bumps along the way. It hasn't always been perfect.  But show me another nation in the history of the world that has been as willing and able to adapt to changing societal norms.  Show me another nation on this earth that works as hard to protect the freedoms and proclivities of its citizens.

You stand because this is your home country, this is the only country on the planet where the issues and ills that plague you can be legitimately and effectively addressed. 

You stand because that flag represents the freedoms that allow you to safely play or attend a game and somehow believe that it is important in the grand scheme of things in any way whatsoever.

You stand because this is truly the only country in the world where your voice matters. 

You stand to honor the country.  You stand to respect the history and struggle that has gone into making this the greatest civilization that has ever existed.

You stand to honor the men and women who fought and died over the years to create a nation where leisure activities are a part of our daily routine; where our fight isn't for food or shelter but over frivolous things like football supremacy. 

You stand because this is America, the world's bastion of freedom and the one and only place on this planet where you know that most people at least try to do the right and honorable thing.   

You don't kneel to advance your own agenda.

When my president lied to me and claimed 4 of my comrades were murdered because of a video insulting Muslims...I didn't take a knee.

When my president shipped pallets of cash to my sworn enemy...I didn't take a knee.

When my president failed to identify Muslims as terrorists and Islam as an enemy of the state...I didn't take a knee.

When my president claimed that a man who tried to kill another man who lawfully defended himself could be his son...I didn't take a knee.

When my president defended a thug who bum rushed law enforcement...I didn't take a knee.

When my president ordered businesses to spend unnecessary funds to appease a minority of people who need mental intervention far more than they need their own toilet...I didn't take a knee.

When my president ordered that words 'one nation under God' be removed from the pledge of allegiance...I didn't take a knee.

When my president lied to me and said I could keep my doctors and my premiums would go down...I didn't take a knee.

When my president spent my tax dollars in foreign lands to interfere in their elections...I didn't take a knee.

While my president sat by passively and enabled ISIS to emerge as a stronger force dedicated to spreading Islamic ideals by committing murder, rape and torture...I didn't take a knee.

When my president allowed dictators and murderers to violate his red lines and continue to murder women and children with chemical gas...I didn't take a knee.

When my president chastised law enforcement for their actions but ignored the violence in our streets...I didn't take a knee.

When my president identified the weather as the greatest threat to America's safety while Muslims worldwide are murdering innocent people...I didn't take a knee.

While my president's insistence that pacifism and reform in numerous areas of the globe would bring peace but instead led to the strengthening of those that seek to destroy us...I didn't take a knee.

When the election of my president broke barriers never thought possible in America ended up being the high point of his eight years in office...I didn't take a knee.

In all that time I never disrespected our Country, our Armed Forces and Veterans, or our Nation. I remained vigilant. And I got a new president
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »
I know you didn't write that, but I applaud your copy and paste. 

It gave me feels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 02:18:40 PM »
I know you didn't write that, but I applaud your copy and paste. 

It gave me feels.

C/P-the best part of my internets. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions