Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

CFN Prediction

CFN Prediction
« on: September 17, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »
SEC Game of the Week

LSU (2-0) at Auburn (3-0), 7:45 EST ESPN
Why to watch: Alabama is good, really good, but it’s at least a year away from getting over the hump and becoming the SEC West champion. That’s not to say it can’t happen, but the Tide is young, and it has to go to Georgia, LSU and Tennessee. Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Arkansas have just enough to beat anyone in the SEC on a given day, but none of the three will come within ten miles of the West title. Basically, the battle of Tigers should decide who wins the SEC West title and it’ll launch the winner into national title discussion. LSU has been good, but distracted. Hurricanes have wreaked havoc on the Baton Rouge area and force what was supposed to be a tune-up game against Troy to mid-November. While the defending national champions are still filling in the gaps after losing a slew of top talents, the defense is as nasty as ever, there’s still explosion on offense, and the running game might be even more deadly. Meanwhile, Auburn’s defense has been terrific, while the offense has been … the defense has been terrific. The Tigers are coming off a 3-2 war of suffering attacks at Mississippi State, and while things might not be clicking into overdrive for the Tony Franklin attack, the running game is solid. This is more than just a great SEC battle. This is a showdown of two national title-worthy defenses playing at the highest level, and it shapes up to be a classic.
Why LSU might win: Auburn’s offense isn’t working. It has been fine at times, but the three wins came from great defense and an offense that has taken advantage of every opportunity. Forget about a passing game, Auburn’s is the least efficient in the SEC and it only cranking out 162 yards per game. LSU won’t have to worry about the deep ball, and it certainly won’t have to worry about a big run of points. If either team has the ability to pull away, it’s LSU.
Why Auburn might win: The LSU defense has been great, but that’s partly because it faced Appalachian State and North Texas. Not only did the D lose Glenn Dorsey, Ali Highsmith, Craig Steltz, and Bo Pelini, but now it’ll be without top linebacker Darry Beckwith after a knee injury suffered against the Mean Green. Auburn’s offensive line has allowed just three sacks so far, while LSU is last in the SEC in tackles for loss and hasn’t been able to generate a consistent pass rush despite having an NFL-caliber front four.
Who to watch: The lines are fantastic. Both the offensive and defensive lines for each team are loaded with NFL talent, including a few potential first rounders on display. Tyson Jackson, Al Woods and Ricky Jean-Francois form the nucleus of arguably the most talented defensive line in America, but the Dorsey-less LSU front four has to prove it’s the real deal against the dominant Auburn offensive front. Meanwhile, Auburn’s Sen’Derrick Marks can solidify himself as a top ten pick, assuming he’s leaving early, with a second straight strong game against LSU. He was a monster in last year’s 30-24 loss in a game that shot him up everyone’s draft board. Now he’ll be a marked man and the first player LSU has to focus on stopping.
What will happen: Welcome back to the 10th Annual CFN Not-At-All-Clever Lock of the Century pick … the Tigers will win. It’ll be a great defensive battle with each team’s quarterback play spotty at best. LSU has the better offensive personnel by far, but the Auburn defense will keep the game close until one of the LSU quarterbacks, Andrew Hatch and Jarrett Lee are each expected to play, throws a key interception that’ll be the razor-thin difference.
CFN Prediction: Auburn 16 … LSU 14 ... Line: LSU -2.5
Must See Rating: (5 Dr. 90210 - 1 Biggest Loser: Families) … 5
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: CFN Prediction
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:11:09 PM »
"while LSU is last in the SEC in tackles for loss and hasn’t been able to generate a consistent pass rush despite having an NFL-caliber front four."

:jaw: that's shocking.  Against Cupcake U, and still last in this category.   :stewie:

I have to agree with the prediction though. 

War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:31:48 PM »
LSU won’t have to worry about the deep ball,
I guess this idiot didn't see the Mississippi State game. The only route Todd could hit was the deep post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LSUDeek

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 12:36:14 PM »
If anyone had watched the ASU or NTST games, the quarterbacks each take the snap and throw the quick slant 9 times out of 10.  Each team runs the spread offense.  We beat the crap out of Armanti Edwards, but he always released the ball a split second before getting sacked.

Spread offenses do that to teams that have great defensive lines.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:37:20 PM by LSUDeek »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »
I guess this idiot didn't see the Mississippi State game. The only route Todd could hit was the deep post.

MRFFFF. grrrmphffff.  yaaaaaaaaaaaargggghhhh.   

Nothing.  Just nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »
Spread offenses do that to teams that have great defensive lines.

I was blindly accepting the praise heaped upon LSU's Dline, given their propensity to churn out great players every year, but what is the explanation for failing to rack up TFLs against patsies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 12:49:09 PM »
Here's to milky tears in the Feaux Tigers' eyes Saturday night
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 01:04:37 PM »
Here's to milky tears in the Feaux Tigers' eyes Saturday night

HOLY SHIT!   :idhitit:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LSUGradin99

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 01:50:27 PM »
So, there's an important game this weekend?

None of us would be surprised with a low scoring defensive game. Those of you talking about tackles for losses need to just go and watch the replays (if available).

Will Burns get a change to play this weekend?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:52:53 PM by LSUGradin99 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »

None of us would be surprised with a low scoring defensive game. Those of you talking about tackles for losses need to just go and watch the replays (if available).

Will Burns get a change to play this weekend?

I think everyone will be more surprised with it making the over (38 points is what I am seeing)

I don't know if he will play or not?  I would have bet he would play last week and he didn't.
I say he does this week though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

LSUGradin99

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 01:59:51 PM »
I think everyone will be more surprised with it making the over (38 points is what I am seeing)

I don't know if he will play or not?  I would have bet he would play last week and he didn't.
I say he does this week though.

From seeing him late last year, I would have thought for sure he'd be a good fit for the new offense. Better man earned the job in practice or is there something else going on behind the scenes to keep Burns off the field?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 02:01:56 PM »
From seeing him late last year, I would have thought for sure he'd be a good fit for the new offense. Better man earned the job in practice or is there something else going on behind the scenes to keep Burns off the field?

Depends on who you ask.  Some say better guy won the job by the margin of a red pussy hair.

Some say the better one did not get the job.

Some say that Todd has pictures of the OC with a dead hooker or a live boy.  Opinions vary greatly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 02:07:36 PM »

Assuming the replays are unavailable (because I have neither the time nor inclination to watch 120 minutes of LSU pounding creampuffs), how about you just explain why your NFL quality Dline is last in the SEC in TFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LSUGradin99

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »
Assuming the replays are unavailable (because I have neither the time nor inclination to watch 120 minutes of LSU pounding creampuffs), how about you just explain why your NFL quality Dline is last in the SEC in TFL.

No need, I'll just go homer on you and tell you that they are the best in the SEC.

For evidence of this, just pay attention Saturday to 120 minutes of LSU pounding another creampuff.  :box:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 02:14:07 PM »
No need, I'll just go homer on you and tell you that they are the best in the SEC.

For evidence of this, just pay attention Saturday to 120 minutes of LSU pounding another creampuff.  :box:

Thanks for the insightful commentary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »

Who else LSU playing that day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LSUGradin99

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 02:17:43 PM »
Thanks for the insightful commentary.

Well, you did get a great explanation earlier on in the thread from Deek.

Those puffs' qb's spent most of the time on the ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »
What about their RB's?  You can get TFL's on them too.

As for the 120 minutes comment, I guess that explains why ticket prices are so high, hell we're playing a doubleheader.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »
Well, you did get a great explanation earlier on in the thread from Deek.

Those puffs' qb's spent most of the time on the ground.

Well, you seemed to be offering your own explanation. If you're relying on the explanation provided previously, then are you saying that your DL is taking late shots at opposing QBs? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LSUGradin99

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 02:32:16 PM »
Well, you seemed to be offering your own explanation. If you're relying on the explanation provided previously, then are you saying that your DL is taking late shots at opposing QBs? 

To the contrary actually. Three step drop, pass and get hit. There are a few nice highlights of the qb's releasing the pass and getting knocked down while completing the act of throwing.

Basically it's been impressive to see the defense get to the qb so quickly, considering the quick release style of the two teams LSU has faced. In addition to hitting the qb's in a timely fashion, there have been a lot of balls tipped and batted down at the line of scrimmage. Rather than rushing, they would hold position and then play the pass to bat it down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions