Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's That Time Again. H.S. Foosballz

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: It's That Time Again. H.S. Foosballz
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2017, 11:28:18 PM »
Northview and Baldwin County. Don't know what it ended up but BC was up 10 and headed for another score when I left late in the 4th.

Northview improved.  Staunch D.  New coach and a new, more efficient offense.  Still will be lucky to win 2-3 games.

BC:  Wasn't very impressed most of the first half.  Sloppy.  Not very sharp.  With the exception of way too many penalties, they came out of their shell in the 2nd.  Great size on the line.  Decent QB that delivers it well.  They go shotgun 4 wide every play.  No real running game to speak of but 3 really good receivers. One is a 6'3" 235 guy that looks like a prototype tight end but plays like I think we'll see Sal Canella at AU.  Slot receiver, too tall and physical for most DB's. Another 6'4" WR and one kid who showed the frick out in the 2nd half.

I can see where if they eliminate the penalties/mistakes, they'll be a handful for a lot of teams.  GH texted me that Opelika was up 48-0 on Smith's Station at half.  Dayumm.  Looks like the Bulldogs are stout again.

Opelika is better than just about every 7A team but a handful. They are no joke. Glad we don't have to go through them in the playoffs.

Side note: opelika hired McGill toolens coach this year. It's scary to think what he can do with them if he won a 7a state title with practically a private school squad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2017, 08:55:12 PM »
Why the Cramton Bowl?
Because the Norton Bowl was already booked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2017, 09:27:56 PM »
Joey Gatewood on ESPN2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2017, 10:13:35 PM »
Joey Gatewood on ESPN2.

If they will let him play, we can get a look.
So far he's looking like an Uzomah type player.

Except Uzomah was a helluva QB at N Gwinnett.

So far I'm wondering why we even offered!

Then again, Cartersville is kicking ass!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:15:08 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2017, 12:01:50 AM »
Had a decent sampling by the end of the game. If this kid can come in and be patient, get bigger and a bit faster, he could develop into a Cam type player.

I still have no idea why he's not on the field at a different position EVERY play he is not at QB!

He could be special if coached right!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2017, 12:59:02 AM »
Had a decent sampling by the end of the game. If this kid can come in and be patient, get bigger and a bit faster, he could develop into a Cam type player.

I still have no idea why he's not on the field at a different position EVERY play he is not at QB!

Faster! Are you kidding me?
We can't even teach kids to catch.
Maybe we need a Bo Nix or some more polished QB rather than a project as you describe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2017, 02:08:59 AM »
Faster! Are you kidding me?
We can't even teach kids to catch.
Maybe we need a Bo Nix or some more polished QB rather than a project as you describe.

He's  not slow. He just needs a couple of years in a college workout program. He has good feet and a good arm. He just isn't polished.
I think a couple of years and he would emerge. And if not, he can definitely fill an Uzomah type role.
I just don't want folks thinking he's coming in as the next Cam. He ain't there yet. But he could be!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2017, 10:49:27 AM »

I suppose that coach knows more about his players, but it was obvious that JG should have taken all the snaps last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2017, 09:25:19 AM »
I suppose that coach knows more about his players, but it was obvious that JG should have taken all the snaps last night.

I kinda thought the same thing, but the Smith kid is pretty dang good too.

I think the best option in this case would be to still let them swap, but get JG on the field every play.

He is just so raw right now as a QB. But his upside is really fascinating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2017, 12:14:28 AM »
Watched Dothan High handle Smith's Station 22-0 in a 6A shitty football clash.  Dothan..some size...good D...several decent skill players...but zero innovation on offense.  Horribly designed offense.  They spread you out and run it up the gut 87.426% of the time.  Throw it occasionally with pretty good results.  Smith's Station is bad.  Really bad.  They have one legit player on the entire team.  A 6'3" 242 lb. DE that dominated.  He may get some D1 looks.   

Northview traveled to Enterprise and beat a top 10 team on a last second field goal.  They were 0-10 last year and lost to Baldwin County last week.  They play damn good D but this is not a good team.

So, my area has two 6A teams that may be lucky to win 4 games each.  Maybe.

3A Dale County, who played Madison and Kerryon a few years ago for the State in JHS, may be back on track.  Dale County had one of the best backs (Statistically) ever in the State in Jamarious Henderson in that title run.  He's at Troy now.  His brother is at Dale County and is going off in the first 2 games.  They've outscored their first two opponents 94-14 so far.  Look for Dale to be a playa on the 3A scene.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2017, 12:54:26 AM »
Daphne.

Damn good defense.  Pathetic offense and complete waste of a vast amount of speed and talent. 

Worst excuse for a coaching staff I've ever seen. 

Lost to Spanish Fort 8-7. 

Among the dumbassery. 

Late in the third they start to lean on Spanish Fort and the run game starts moving the ball in chunks.  Get inside the Fort 20 and throw the damn ball.  Incomplete. Sack. Sack. Missed field goal.  A score of ANY kind there seals the game.  Anything. 

Up 7-5 with about 5:30 left, after blocking a field goal to retain the lead?  Two straight dumbass passes, draw play.  Still about 5:00 left when they have to punt.

Very late in the game when a first down will seal the win, Daphne has a third and half-yard.  QB sneak gets the first down.  But wait!  Coach called a timeout before the play.  After the timeout they go back to the shotgun and fake a handoff up the middle.  The faked handoff would have gotten three yards and the first down.  Instead, the QB -- who has been sacked almost every time he rolled out of the pocket -- rolls out on a slow-developing boot that loses 14 fucking yards.  Punt.  Never see the ball again. 

About 2:00 to play, they stretch SF wide on a third and five and run the guy out of bounds for a six yard loss.  Oops.  Facemask.  First down SF. 

Fort drives to the six with 1:20 left.  Daphne has three time outs.  The idiot DHS coach waits until 52 seconds left to call a time out.  Stands there and just lets clock run.  Either DON'T call a timeout and cause them to rush or call it immediately.  Fool. 

Spanish Fort won by kicking a 50-yard field goal, knocking a fumbled punt snap out the back of the endzone and then kicking a short field goal on the last play of the game. 

Between the two teams I bet there weren't ten total first downs.  It was awful.

Daphne has too much speed and size to be that spectacularly shitty on offense.  The coach is a moron.  Former Bama player. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:02:01 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2017, 08:02:31 AM »
Went to watch the CC Cougars/Bessemer City game. 14-7 at the half. 43-20 at the end with 14 of those 20 being against the Cougars 3rd string D. Apparently it was thought this would be a goodn. Every news crew in Bham was there along with the JOX 94.5 crew. My girls were on TV in their little cheer unis, that was cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2017, 08:45:24 AM »

Damn good defense.  Pathetic offense and complete waste of a vast amount of speed and talent. 

Worst excuse for a coaching staff I've ever seen. 

Lost

Oh, you went to the Etowah game too? You should have told me, I would have bought you a beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »
Oh, you went to the Etowah game too? You should have told me, I would have bought you a beer.

From the beer garden?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2017, 02:00:56 PM »
From the beer garden?

After watching wide receivers running wide ass open all night long with a QB who was 1-18 through 3 quarters I would have bought hand sanitizer out of a trunk if it dulled the pain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2017, 07:20:31 PM »
Watched Dothan High handle Smith's Station 22-0 in a 6A shitty football clash.  Dothan..some size...good D...several decent skill players...but zero innovation on offense.  Horribly designed offense.  They spread you out and run it up the gut 87.426% of the time.  Throw it occasionally with pretty good results.  Smith's Station is bad.  Really bad.  They have one legit player on the entire team.  A 6'3" 242 lb. DE that dominated.  He may get some D1 looks.   

Northview traveled to Enterprise and beat a top 10 team on a last second field goal.  They were 0-10 last year and lost to Baldwin County last week.  They play damn good D but this is not a good team.

So, my area has two 6A teams that may be lucky to win 4 games each.  Maybe.

3A Dale County, who played Madison and Kerryon a few years ago for the State in JHS, may be back on track.  Dale County had one of the best backs (Statistically) ever in the State in Jamarious Henderson in that title run.  He's at Troy now.  His brother is at Dale County and is going off in the first 2 games.  They've outscored their first two opponents 94-14 so far.  Look for Dale to be a playa on the 3A scene.
Sad part? Smiths is a 7A school. And a big one at that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2017, 11:11:11 PM »
Sad part? Smiths is a 7A school. And a big one at that.

Saw one play that told me all I needed to know about them.  3rd quarter, still a tight game.  SS has a kid that clearly started some crap after the play and wouldn't let it go.  Kept trying to kick and hit the Dothan player. Flags flying left and right.  He still won't let it go til finally, one of his own grabs him and throws him to the ground. I thought he wanted to fight his own teammate.  He gets up and runs off the field doing all that thug ass macho, pounding his own chest shit.  I watched his since he came off right in front of us.  One of his teammates low-5'd him several times and then patted him on the back.  Not once....not once did a coach say one word to him, confront him, nothing.  And he continued to dance round the sidelines for several minutes while his teammates congratulated him.

After about 100 yards of penalties was marked off, the game was over.  Coaches still never said a word to the kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2017, 08:18:02 AM »
Saw one play that told me all I needed to know about them.  3rd quarter, still a tight game.  SS has a kid that clearly started some crap after the play and wouldn't let it go.  Kept trying to kick and hit the Dothan player. Flags flying left and right.  He still won't let it go til finally, one of his own grabs him and throws him to the ground. I thought he wanted to fight his own teammate.  He gets up and runs off the field doing all that thug ass macho, pounding his own chest shit.  I watched his since he came off right in front of us.  One of his teammates low-5'd him several times and then patted him on the back.  Not once....not once did a coach say one word to him, confront him, nothing.  And he continued to dance round the sidelines for several minutes while his teammates congratulated him.

After about 100 yards of penalties was marked off, the game was over.  Coaches still never said a word to the kid.

Pretty much sums up that whole school in a nutshell. The fans act like bammers (and most are). Teams perform like Central Tennessee Tech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2017, 09:47:46 PM »
Pell City has Gardendale right where we want them. We're down 50-7 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2017, 10:42:15 PM »
Lanier at Northview.  Went because I heard Lanier had a legit D1 QB.  I heard right.  James Foster.  6'3" 210 and according to 247 is a hard commit to Mizzou.  Don't know the connection or how Missouri pulls a talent like that out of Montgomery, but it appears they're getting a good one.

Saw Tarvaris Jackson play QB for Lanier against Prattville back in about 01'.  Jackson, I believe, started out at Arkansas (Fact check me on that) wound up at Alabama State but eventually started a few games for the Vikings.  Same kind of talent.  Unbelievably strong arm.  Quick release and as accurate a passer as I've ever seen at this level.  One glaring problem is that he throws a 40 yard pass the same way he throws a 10 yard slant.  Like a laser.  No touch on the throws he needs to put some air under the ball.  However, I imagine a half way decent college coach will get that fixed. 

BTW, in that game years ago between Lanier and Prattville at Cramton Bowl, Roman Harper was the QB for the Lions.  Two pretty good talents on the field that night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions