Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It was fun while it lasted

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: It was fun while it lasted
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 03:37:56 PM »
What about high school coaches?  That's pretty common.

Anything more than a hummer should put the coach's job in jeopardy.  And 9th grade should be the cut off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »
link to article...

dabbing and softball

like i said earlier i agree with much of what you said previously. 

who's 22?  i don't think she's the one that was getting the wood...jealous, perhaps. 

i placed adult in quotes...let's face it these are college girls 18 to early 20's.  in the report...it indicates multiple reports.   by definition we are all adults at that age but many of us don't act like it. 

if this was any other university you would be standing there with a pitchfork in hand but like i mentioned many of the things you stated or posted i agree with.

The Spainish girl was a junior.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2017, 07:58:53 PM »
That's why it's not a good idea, not why it's not legal. Passing her over a more qualified woman would be the illegal part, not the salami hiding itself.

I feel like y'all's hatred for Jacobs is superseding logic here and suddenly everyone's Dana Carvey as Church Lady.

Could depend on the organization and its employee handbook. But I've got to imagine it's against Auburn Athletic Policy. Illegal as in facing jail time?  No. Illegal as in against company policy and therefore subject to termination?  Maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2017, 09:01:28 AM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/09/father_of_former_auburn_softbal.html#incart_river_home?li_source=base&li_medium=default-widget

This does it for me. 

Maybe Corey shouldn't have dipped his pen in the barely adult warmth of a player's sweaty nethers.

But burning down the program was just this chick's reaction to being cut.  She wants back in, Clint wasn't having it.

She didn't make the team.  Her feeeeeels are hurt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2017, 09:03:58 AM »
I'm the biggest Jacobs hater on the board but I'm just not seeing the damage here. 

He lied to the media.  That seems to be the biggest issue that can be attached to him. Given what we know about the predatory nature of the media in this state wouldn't you?  I don't blame him for lying.  I don't blame him for hoping that this could all be handled internally. 

Do I blame the jilted woman who decided to burn it all down with a 14-page list of "feels"?  Not really because that's how our kids are being raised these days. 

It's just an unfortunate situation for all.  Our intrepid media is on it like a beaver on a pine tree and they're not going to let it go, but I just don't think this has any legs. 

Jacobs has botched any number of things.  His list of offenses is long.  This just isn't on there -- at least from what I know now.

agree here in re to Jacobs. I'm more aiming at Clint and Corey. It was tacky and dishonest. Sorry but I just don't want that here. Not in our program. And I'm not trying to be sanctimonious but let some other program have that kind of shit. I just don't want it and the attention it brings. But jay is the last person I'm blaming here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/09/father_of_former_auburn_softbal.html#incart_river_home?li_source=base&li_medium=default-widget

This does it for me. 

Maybe Corey shouldn't have dipped his pen in the barely adult warmth of a player's sweaty nethers.

But burning down the program was just this chick's reaction to being cut.  She wants back in, Clint wasn't having it.

She didn't make the team.  Her feeeeeels are hurt.
Here he is posting on some message board and getting roasted for it.

http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/auburn-softball-2017-8407406?&trail=930
I am the PROUD DAD of Alexa Nemeth.  She was invited to the Auburn Softball team by Corey Myers.  Auburn's Physics program met her academic needs. She arrived on campus and gave her all during the season.  She did her best at everything softball the coaching staff asked her to do plus some.  I want to thank everyone that realizes the courage it takes for an 18 year-old to take on an established Hall of Fame coach and a University Athletic department when they are not following university rules.

Upperclassmen told her she needed to go to another college to play softball.  She did consider that route but strongly felt that staying at Auburn to major in Physics was best for her long-term goals. 'Why should I leave when Coach was the one breaking university and NCAA policy?' she said. At that point, our family decided to fully support her.  We knew it was a mountainous fight.   

We still have no idea why Clint did not want her back this year!  His line was- two top recruit pitchers are coming so I don't need you!  Alexa proposed outfield or first base; Alexa was quite successful as a utility player in high school.  'You can't try outfield or first base because you take reps from other players' was his reply. 

Clint wanted to continue coaching because he likes teaching girls.  Seems like a match to me.  A willing, previously successful, student not costing the program a dime and a Hall of Fame coach that wants to teach girls.  As far as her pitching, she came into the program last year throwing 60.  Corey told her she needed to have a maximum speed of 57.

She had numerous successful practices during the year.  Clint and Corey moved her to outfield and batting for the Florida series and left the 3 freshman outfielders in Auburn.  Clint commented her outfield skills were mid of the pack for the outfielders on the roster.  That is pretty good for one week of work.  Once she knocked the rust off her batting, she showed potential.  Corey left March 30 and she was immediately relegated to shagging balls the remainder of the year along with throwing a bullpen every few weeks.  Never threw batting practice after January.

I have questions for the Hall of Fame coach.

You complain about hitting all year yet leave an untried bat on the bench-Why?

Your pride yourself in instruction,yet you cut a willing student of the game-Why?

If Clint had put her in the game, he may have gotten a pleasant surprise -- or she would have gotten shelled and realized Division I softball was not for her.  All she does know is that her teammates did not like hitting off of her and Clint had a GA retrieve her first home run in situational practice and write: "Nemo's first college home run 3/29/17"

Again I am proud of Alexa for following Clint's advice of "Excellence in everything" and thank all of the support she has gotten on this blog!

Alan Demaske

Sample roast:
OMFG Alan,

Like the others have said, it's not wise to post with everything going on. Besides you show people that, although merited, your daughters complaints are stretched and overblown. You and your family have reached the status of serial law suitors.
Like the law suit you filed here in North Carolina, because princess didn't make the baseball team, now she gets cut from a softball team and you file again.

At least this complaint is warranted. However like your accounts in NC you have her again stretching the truth to make the story better. I hope it works for you. Your daughter couldn't, didn't, can't, never did, throw 60 at Auburn. she topped at 55mph 90% on her pitches that didn't go to the backstop. The Myers F'ed up by using her as a pawn to motivate the other pitchers for playing time. Proof be told, she didn't throw 1 pitch.

As far as traveling to Florida is concerned, she never should have gone. She wasn't on the traveling roster. Myers made an example of all of the Freshman and was left traveling with a shortened and under-maned roster that required princess to shag balls in the outfield because there were no others to. I bet Myers is wishing he used parents to shag and left the non travelers home, but again he F'ed up.

Please let your daughters courageous battle go on without embellishing for affect.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:02:07 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2017, 11:14:21 AM »
Wait, They filed a lawsuit in NC so the daughter could play with the boys?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2017, 11:57:58 AM »
I was overlooked for a scholarship offer by every major D1 football program in America and my parents didn't sue anyone.

As a matter of fact, was over looked by every minor college program as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2017, 01:21:28 PM »
I was overlooked for a scholarship offer by every major D1 football program in America and my parents didn't sue anyone.

As a matter of fact, was over looked by every minor college program as well.

They should sue you for not reaching the potential they wished.  I know a lawyer who cares that would be willing to take their case too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »
I'm completely done with this story. 

I've coached.  You don't cut kids who can play unless their external baggage exceeds their value to the team. 

This bitch was a walk on.  She got her chance.  She wasn't cut because she wasn't pretty enough or because she didn't put out. She was cut because other players were better. She wasn't even recruited or worth wasting a scholarship on. 

Fuck her and her whiny ass dad. 

They've made me rally behind jay Jacobs.  Uggghhh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »

I've coached.  You don't cut kids who can play unless their external baggage exceeds their value to the team. 

This bitch was a walk on.  She got her chance.  She wasn't cut because she wasn't pretty enough or because she didn't put out. She was cut because other players were better. She wasn't even recruited or worth wasting a scholarship on. 

Jay says welcome aboard!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »

It is this type of behavior that got us into this mess to start with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »
It is this type of behavior that got us into this mess to start with.
I thought it was already determined that she wasn't good enough to make the squad. Geez!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2017, 05:49:09 PM »
I thought it was already determined that she wasn't good enough to make the squad. Geez!

Yep. She couldn't play.  And couldn't make the ass squad either.

I think it's pretty telling that the girls already on campus told her - by dipshit dad's own admission -- she wasn't good enough to play D1. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2017, 10:29:45 PM »

Strange bedfellows here - you and Jay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!