Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Linebacker Depth

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Linebacker Depth
« on: August 06, 2017, 11:52:28 PM »
So now we move to the second wave.  The Linebackers.  In this posters' humble opinion, I believe we have the best and deepest group of LB's we've ever had.  We've recruited off the charts at LB the past few years and this year should be a testament to those efforts.

Last year, it was the LSU game where the light clicked on for me.  I watched a defense, especially the LB's, that displayed a level of toughness....badassedness, if you will, that I hadn't seen since Tuberville.  The D gave up close to CTT defensive numbers for the first time since he left.  Now, we have a group of experienced LB's with a butt load of young guys ready to step up.

Tre Williams 6' 225 anchors an experienced unit flanked by DeShaun Davis 5'11 246 and Darrell Williams 6'2  244.  There are numerous LB's waiting in the wings but the freshmen coming in are strong.  Chandler Wooten 6'2  240....K.J. Britt 6'  244 and T.D. Moultry 6'2" 225 will keep us solid for years to come.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Linebacker Depth
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:05:47 AM »
Concur.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:32:17 AM »
So where's the corner, safety depth thread?

Xer's refer to them all as DBs.
Typical!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »
So where's the corner, safety depth thread?

Xer's refer to them all as DBs.
Typical!

Well they are.

I didn't see anyone do differentiate DT and DE in the last thread title , so......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 09:57:47 AM »
Moultry sounds like the second coming of Carl Lawson:

"He's built like a Greek god," Garner said. "I mean, he's got like 8 percent body fat. He's explosive, he's quick, he's powerful. I think he has a tremendous skillset...

He's a kid that's just build differently, mentally and physically," Williams said. "He has an old soul. He really takes pride in his performance. And he really takes pride in his work. He takes his work serious, so he's definitely, he's not your normal 18-year-old. He's really focused and he's about his business. That's what you like about him."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/08/td_moultry_at_buck_and_linebac.html#incart_river_index
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 04:15:17 PM »
KJ Britt laid the wood several times yesterday but late in the scrimmage it looked like he got that bell rung pretty good.  You could see the trainer on the sidelines:

How many fingers am I holding up?

Brown...wait, no red.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."