Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Apparently, This Is The Big Thing In Terrorism

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Apparently, This Is The Big Thing In Terrorism
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »
We've seen planes flown into buildings, car bombs, shootings, knife/machete attacks, IED's etc.  It seems the weapon of choice for these cowards the last couple of years is a truck or a van.  Find a crowd of people and mow them down.  This is currently ongoing in Barcelona.

foxnews

The terrorists alleged to have plowed a van into a crowd of pedestrians in a popular tourist area -- resulting in at least 13 deaths -- were holed up in a Barcelona restaurant Thursday as images of the carnage, showing bodies lying crumpled and bleeding in the street, flooded forth from the Spanish city.

Spanish newspaper El Pais and Cadena Serradio radio station, citing police sources, reported least 13 people were killed in the attack. Police however only confirmed one person was killed and 32 injured, 10 of them seriously.

The incident took place on Las Ramblas of Barcelona, the famous main pedestrian walk way that crosses the city. Police described the incident on Twitter as a "massive crash."

Quoting unnamed police sources, El Pais reported two perpetrators of the crash were holed up in a bar in Tallers Street. There was no immediate police confirmation of the report.

The van used in the attack was rented by Driss Oukabir, El Pais reported, citing identification made by the Civil Guard.
In a photograph shown by public broadcaster RTVE, three people were lying on the ground in the street and were apparently being helped by police and others.

A grisly video of the incident appeared to show at least five people lying motionless on the ground, with legs twisted and heads bloodied.

"It was real chaos, people started running, screaming. There was a loud bang," eyewitness Ethan Spibey told Sky News.

Footage from reporters on the ground shows armed officers combing a market.

Barcelona resident Keith Fleming told the Associated Press he was watching television in his building on a side street just off Las Ramblas when he heard a noise and went out to the balcony to investigate.

Fleming said he saw "women and children just running and they looked terrified," he then heard a bang, possibly from someone rolling down a store shutter, as more people raced by.

The American living in the Spanish city said police arrived, and pushed everyone a full block down the street. He says the officers still are there with guns drawn and riot police stationed at the end of the block.

Catalan emergency services said people should not go to the area around Placa Catalunya, according to Reuters.

Witnesses told El Pais the driver ran over several people, and there were injured people lying on the ground.

One witness said the van "has trampled people while crossing the traffic light."

The Ministry of the Interior said on Twitter: "There has just been a massive crash on the Ramblas in Barcelona by a person with a van. There are injured."

Emergency services in Catalonia say they have asked the Metro and train services in the area to close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Apparently, This Is The Big Thing In Terrorism
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 01:55:55 PM »
Trump's fault!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
Trump's fault!

He'd better specifically call out and condemn that evil rental car company that rented the van. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »
He'd better specifically call out and condemn that evil rental car company that rented the van.

Or else he'll have the CEO of Avis singing his praises.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 05:07:07 PM »
Trump's fault!

Wolf Blitzer has already said as much (from what I have read)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »
I blame years of Grand Theft Auto video games.

Seriously though, fuck these gutless pricks who do this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg