Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Steve Gets A Ring

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Steve Gets A Ring
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »
from wgntvdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.  I'm sure everyone has long since seen the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on Bartman.  It honestly pissed me off to see the mob mentality and how it got to a point where this guy might not have made it out alive had security not acted when they did.  And Bartman was only doing what every single person around him was.  Didn't the shortstop boot the easiest ground ball he had all season right after that?  One that would have made the Bartman incident totally moot?

CHICAGO -- A WGN News exclusive -- Steve Bartman has received an official Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Championship ring as a special gift from the Ricketts family and the Cubs organization.

Arguably the team's most infamous fan, Bartman is remembered for tipping a foul ball that left fielder Moises Alou unsuccessfully tried to catch in Game 6 of the 2003 National League Championship Series.

Now, 14 years later, Cubs owner Tom Ricketts thought it was high time to extend an olive branch.

Bartman received the ring before noon Monday in Ricketts' office. Cubs President of Baseball Operations Theo Epstein and President of Operations Crane Kenney were also present. Ricketts then showed Bartman around Wrigley a bit, so he could see what was new since he'd last been to the park. The Cubs released a single photo of Bartman's ring:

"On behalf of the entire Chicago Cubs organization, we are honored to present a 2016 World Series Championship Ring to Mr. Steve Bartman," the Cubs told WGN in a statement. "We hope this provides closure on an unfortunate chapter of the story that has perpetuated throughout our quest to win a long-awaited World Series. While no gesture can fully lift the public burden he has endured for more than a decade, we felt it was important Steve knows he has been and continues to be fully embraced by this organization. After all he has sacrificed, we are proud to recognize Steve Bartman with this gift today."

Steve Bartman issued the following statement

“Although I do not consider myself worthy of such an honor, I am deeply moved and sincerely grateful to receive an official Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Championship ring. I am fully aware of the historical significance and appreciate the symbolism the ring represents on multiple levels. My family and I will cherish it for generations. Most meaningful is the genuine outreach from the Ricketts family, on behalf of the Cubs organization and fans, signifying to me that I am welcomed back into the Cubs family and have their support going forward. I am relieved and hopeful that the saga of the 2003 foul ball incident surrounding my family and me is finally over.

I humbly receive the ring not only as a symbol of one of the most historic achievements in sports, but as an important reminder for how we should treat each other in today’s society. My hope is that we all can learn from my experience to view sports as entertainment and prevent harsh scapegoating, and to challenge the media and opportunistic profiteers to conduct business ethically by respecting personal privacy rights and not exploit any individual to advance their own self-interest or economic gain.

Moreover, I am hopeful this ring gesture will be the start of an important healing and reconciliation process for all involved. To that end, I request the media please respect my privacy, and the privacy of my family. I will not participate in interviews or further public statements at this time.

Words alone cannot express my heartfelt thanks to the Ricketts family, Crane Kenney, Theo Epstein, and the entire
 Cubs organization for this extraordinary gift, and for providing the City of Chicago and Cubs fans everywhere an
 unforgettable World Championship in 2016. I am happy to be reunited with the Cubs family and positively moving
 forward with my life."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Steve Gets A Ring
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 05:35:04 PM »
And the real goat, Alex Gonzalez, didn't get a ring.  There is justice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »

That's the one.  I was blown away the fans directed all their vitriol at Bartman when Gonzales was the one that actually opened the flood gates.  Alou may or may not have made that catch. Probably would have the way it looked.  But his wasn't a sure thing. Gonzales' play was one he could make in his sleep.

Well...maybe not literally in his sleep.  It's a figure of speech. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:31:38 PM »
This is pretty fucking cool.

And he now has as many rings as Chipper Jones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 08:37:56 AM »
I saw that shit. Overblown just like Gary Hammond's mayor stated many years ago, which represents the Chicago nickname "The Windy City."

Goats' lives matter.

Southside fan here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 08:43:36 AM »

Yep. No one remembers that shit. Routine ground ball that he booted. His error cost the Cubs a World Series, or at the very least a trip to it.

And great for the Cubs for doing this. Dude has taken more shit than anyone I have ever seen. It's complete crap how he has been treated.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:47:24 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 09:09:45 AM »

Where is that block button. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 09:16:19 PM »

And Ozzie Smith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 11:33:28 PM »
And Ozzie Smith.

I will fucking cut you.

But well played.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 11:42:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 12:38:00 AM »

Are you telling me that I ain't got shit todo?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 08:25:51 AM »
Are you telling me that I ain't got shoot todo?

I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 09:09:31 AM »
Give me a little for my cataracts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 09:14:23 AM »
Are you telling me that I ain't got shit todo?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »
I will fucking cut you.

But well played.

And the immortal Bob Gibson is at +1 on both of them.

It's a little weird the amount of shit players that have as many rings or more than chipper and Oz though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today

Cause it's Friday Thursday and I ain't got no job?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 10:23:56 AM »
Cause it's Friday Thursday and I ain't got no job?
How the fuck you gonna get fired on your day off...for stealing boxes. What you tryin to do build a clubhouse?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 10:24:57 AM »
How the fudge you gonna get fired on your day off...for stealing boxes?

I ain't trying to be no dog-catcher!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »
I ain't trying to be no dog-catcher!
That's the beauty of it! I grab a dog, and I choke him, and I kick the shit out of him! All day long, my foot up a dog's ass! Just bang-bang-bang up his ass! That's my pleasure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions