Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Recommendation. Live From Daryl's House

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Recommendation. Live From Daryl's House
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »
Just putting this out there for some top shelf entertainment possibilities when sitting around, surfing the interwebz.  I know this has been around a while and I've checked in several times over the last couple of years.  Daryl Hall, obviously of Hall & Oates fame, has a series of videos produced from a studio he has built on to his house.  He has musicians with him to form a full band, then brings in big name after big name to jam on some of their top songs.

I highly recommend just browsing around, finding artists you like and watch them come in and jam with Daryl Hall and other great musicians. It's very basic and I promise, you'll find yourself sitting there an hour later looking for more artists he's played with.  Just Youtube Live at Daryl's House.  Some of the artists I've been watching just tonight:

Joe Walsh (Killer Rocky Mountain Way)
Rob Thomas singing She's Gone
The O'Jays
Cee Lo Green
Train
Cheap Trick
Billy Gibbons doing LaGrange

Seriously worth a listen.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Recommendation. Live From Daryl's House
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:55 PM »
I have been recording this for years.

Allen Stone is a good one too.
Hagar was pretty good. They went to Cabo Wabo.

He has a really good collection of musicians.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 10:29:42 PM »
I have been recording this for years.

Allen Stone is a good one too.

He has a really good collection of musicians.

Egg Zachary.  Just amazing to hear some of the crossovers.  Cee Lo Green singing I Can't Go For That,  Wow!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:46:05 AM »

Speaking of Sammy has as series called "Rock and Roll Road Trip" that is pretty good as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 09:32:21 PM »
As mentioned above, Rob Thomas sitting in at Daryl's House, singing the best Hall & Oates song evah!  Please to be checking out the acoustic guitar player killing some lead throughout.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »
I can't get enough of this.  I keep going back to it.  Tonight, I just spent the last hour watching Kenny Loggins at Daryl's House, but most of that hour was spent watching Daryl and the boys jam with Cheap Trick.  If you watch this and don't get Rick Nielsen, I can't help you. 

This is some of the most entertaining stuff I've ever seen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 07:41:49 AM »
I can't help you. 

I thought you cared.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 09:43:29 AM »
I can't get enough of this.  I keep going back to it.  Tonight, I just spent the last hour watching Kenny Loggins at Daryl's House, but most of that hour was spent watching Daryl and the boys jam with Cheap Trick.  If you watch this and don't get Rick Nielsen, I can't help you. 

This is some of the most entertaining stuff I've ever seen.

If you had your nuts you'd be watching Sammys road show instead.

:fag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE