Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Philando Castile

Token

Re: Philando Castile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:03 AM »
But does that make these people racist? Or just unfit for the job?

Because we cannot even discuss this issue due to all of the racism talk that smothers the conversation.

He didn't shoot him because he was black.  He shot him because he was scared that he was going for his weapon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »
He didn't shoot him because he was black.  He shot him because he was scared that he was going for his weapon.

Are you sure?
This is the society you are dealing with today.

From where I sit the only way you can simultaneously hold the beliefs that the officer was justified and support a citizen's 2nd Amendment right to carry firearms is to be flagrantly racist. I see no other explanation in this case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »
Are you sure?
That's not what I said.

I never ever ever said the officer was racist for fearing for his life in that situation, although we could go down the rabbit hole of WHY was he fearful of his life when the guy was calmly complying with his every order. But I didn't.

I'm saying if you support a person's 2nd Amendment right to carry AND you think it's ok for an officer to fire 20 shots into a guy's chest with his daughter in the back seat after telling him calmly and respectfully that you had a gun in the car but you were NOT reaching for it, you were reaching for your wallet like he asked...frankly, I don't believe you when you say you would feel the same if it were Cliven Bundy getting his chest blown out in that situation.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:06:45 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 10:58:28 AM »
Are you sure?

But that's not what Chad said.  Chad doesn't believe the officer was justified.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »
That's not what I said.

I never ever ever said the officer was racist for fearing for his life in that situation, although we could go down the rabbit hold of WHY was he fearful of his life when the guy was calmly complying with his every order. But I didn't.

I'm saying if you support a person's 2nd Amendment right to carry AND you think it's ok for an officer to fire 20 shots into a guy's chest with his daughter in the back seat after telling him calmly and respectfully that you had a gun in the car but you were NOT reaching for it, you were reaching for your wallet like he asked...frankly, I don't believe you when you say you would feel the same if it were Cliven Bundy getting his chest blown out in that situation.

All this might hold water IF, IF, IF, you knew exactly what happened in that car.

It may be that it happened just as we THINK and the officer should be found guilty. But thank God we cannot convict on what we think or feel.

So for you to bring up racism is very indicative of how you have been conditioned to think any time a black man is involved in an incident with police. Sadly, you are not alone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 11:04:50 AM »
But that's not what Chad said.  Chad doesn't believe the officer was justified.

But he claimed anyone who does think he was justified, is racist. So I guess the jury is racist?

It was a comment that really did not apply and was made in order to bring racism into the conversation...AGAIN!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »
So for you to bring up racism is very indicative of how you have been conditioned to think any time a black man is involved in an incident with police. Sadly, you are not alone.
You put in extra effort to willfully ignore things I actually say to twist into your contorted straw man version of them.

Can you read this this time or is your monitor broken?
99% of these cases are nuanced, but in the end I settle on the officer being justifiably innocent of charges levied against them due to the nature of the job they're being asked to do.

Yes, explicitly stating this is the 1% of the time where I think it is unjustified is definitely "any time a black man is involved", and not commenting whatsoever on the motivations of the officer himself and speaking ENTIRELY of the people DEFENDING his actions (yes, with you in mind) is definitely saying I think all police are racist.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 11:22:28 AM »
This all actually comes down to profiling. 

If you choose to look a certain way it's entirely unreasonable for you to expect NOT to be pre-judged based on those choices. 

And because you're pre-judged, it's also entirely unreasonable for you to expect that you won't held to a different standard of behavior based on that judgment.

The officer had an expectation of behavior based on appearance and the strong odor of marijuana.  Would he have reacted to Chizad in the same way?  Probably.  Would he have done the same to me?  I don't think so. 

That doesn't make him racist.  It makes him human. 

Did he overreact?  Yep.  "Twenty shots"  No. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 11:38:54 AM »
Can you read this this time or is your monitor broken?

And here is where it goes off the rails. 

Just saving us all some time before somebody gets on a high horse and claims they are being unfairly attacked. 

It started right here.  It can stop here if somebody recognizes the problem and steps back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 11:42:33 AM »
And here is where it goes off the rails. 

Just saving us all some time before somebody gets on a high horse and claims they are being unfairly attacked. 

It started right here.  It can stop here if somebody recognizes the problem and steps back.
Bullshit.

He is intentionally misrepresenting my words, pretending I didn't say things I explicitly said to twist the argument.

And how is having a broken monitor insulting, exactly, snowflake?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »
For the record I think most of you would make good law enforcement officers.  So quit being pussies and make it happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 11:46:51 AM »
Also, you may want to check your flux capacitor, because my "broken monitor" comment (gasp), was after this.

You are what's wrong with society today. You have bought into the lie that as long as the victim is black, ITS RACISM!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »
For the record I think most of you would make good law enforcement officers.  So quit being pussies and make it happen.

Can't afford to.  You guys put up with way too much crap for the amount of money they pay you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 12:38:59 PM »
And just what makes you think that any of us would want to be able to shoot black people and not worry about the consequences?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 12:53:06 PM »
Bullshit.

He is intentionally misrepresenting my words, pretending I didn't say things I explicitly said to twist the argument.

And how is having a broken monitor insulting, exactly, snowflake?

Not bullshit, Chizad. 

He responded with what he understood as your position.  You responded by being an ass and making smart ass comments about him being unable to read what you had written.  Have you ever considered the fact that what you actually intend may not be nearly as clear in writing as it is when you thought it in your head? 

I'm trying to be the shepherd, Ringo.  Your trigger is hairy, though. 

I made a joke -- a joke, son, get it? -- in one thread because you used the Washington Post.  You were so ready to suffuse yourself with indignant rage it flew right over your head. 

I'm saying dial it back.  You refuse to accept the idea of profiling even as it pertains to this shooting incident.  Yet you profile CCT.  You profile moi.  You assume our what positions will be and respond based on that profiled assumption regardless of what the actual response may be.

If we're truly trying to clean up the bombast in this part of the forum, you can't take your snarky little shots at people and then claim to have no blood on your hands when the discourse goes awry. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »
Can't afford to.  You guys put up with way too much crap for the amount of money they pay you.

Says every single person who would actually be good at enforcing law. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 01:23:07 PM »
Says every single person who would actually be good at enforcing law.

I say that, and I'd be shitty at it.  I don't have the temper for dealing with stupid people.  You put a badge on me, and I'll be in front of a jury inside 12 months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »
Also, you may want to check your flux capacitor, because my "broken monitor" comment (gasp), was after this.

That was not a snarky insult directed at you.   

At least have the decency to admit that you are part of the problem. You took that as a condemnation of you and everything you stand for.  All the guy said was that if you found racism at every turn you were buying into the lie.   No basis for indignation there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2017, 01:35:59 PM »
I say that, and I'd be shitty at it.  I don't have the temper for dealing with stupid people.  You put a badge on me, and I'll be in front of a jury inside 12 months.

I don't think it would take me that long.  Twelve hours maybe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »

Don't beat yourself up too much J, Buzz deserved it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum