Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dear Lori Loughlin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Dear Lori Loughlin
« on: March 13, 2019, 04:42:12 PM »
I am available for conjugal visits.  Please also let Felicity Huffman know as well. 

I find the whole thing pretty amusing and not unexpected. 

While it's fun to jump on Lori and Felicity (yes, pun intended) the entire thing is garbage/rigged and I'm not really disturbed that they (and others) tried to find a way to outscam the scammers. 

For all the solemn sanctity the ACT and SAT try to project, I've dealt with that enough to know that entire process is, in and of itself, a complete scam.  It's no more a predictor of potential success than the temperature of a student's bathwater.  And it's crooked as purple bleeding hell. Always has been.

The college admissions process is also a total scam.  Self-important buffoons with little real-world experience make random, inconsistent and capricious decisions based on factors that are indefinable. Not to harp on my daughter's experience but we watched kids get accepted to Auburn with lower ACT scores/GPA and similar extracurricular while she was encouraged by the same waddle headed twit to try AUM because she wasn't quite Auburn material.  What irked me most is that she WAS Auburn material from birth.  Most of her family (except me, but including her sister) graduated from AU going back a couple of generations. She had ties, and the ones who got accepted didn't.  You know me, I wanted an answer and there was NOBODY at Auburn who could quantify or qualify why she was rejected other than to tell me "it's a numbers game." 

Leaving your kid's future in the soft hands of these weak-ass college administrators is not an enticing prospect. 

If somebody had come to me and said "hey, for $15,000 I can make sure your kid gets into Yale (or Brown, or whatever)" I don't know that I would have turned him away. 

Back when I was in high school there was a guy who played basketball for us.  He wasn't very good.  He didn't consistently start on the high school team.  His dad made a significant donation to the athletic department at an SEC school and suddenly he's got a ride.  Wearing the uniform. Sitting on the bench with people who are going on to the NBA.  Even got to play at the tail end of a couple of blowouts. 

What's the difference?

Long story short (too late), I don't blame them.  I'd do them, but I don't blame them for doing whatever they could to scam the fraudulent education system.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:45:50 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Dear Lori Loughlin
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:42:18 PM »
Agree. Didn’t think it was that big a deal when I first heard it. Of course the media begs to differ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 11:39:03 PM »
Agree. Didn’t think it was that big a deal when I first heard it. Of course the media begs to differ.
Trump was the bag man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:02:37 AM »
Agree. Didn’t think it was that big a deal when I first heard it. Of course the media begs to differ.
Rich white people exerting privilege. Of course the media is all over it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg