Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Iconic Voice Gone

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Iconic Voice Gone
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2017, 09:51:09 AM »
Holy shit I had never heard that cover. Damn he could sing.

Yeah...it's a pretty bad ass cover...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »
You guys will argue about anything...

I wasn't a huge fan of SoundGarden, but always been a fan of Chris Cornell. Dude could flat out sing. He could be put in icon discussion for his cover of Billie Jean...the best Michael Jackson song there is...

Thats pretty damn good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
Also proving you'll argue with authority over something you're uniquely ignorant about.

Lead singer and founder of each of those. And how does one become a session player for their own solo work?

He was in a bunch of bands.  He can sing a little. 

Whoop-de-shit. 

Calling him "iconic" cheapens the term. 

This is so typical of your standard MO.  I disagree with a position you hold and you can't refrain from exerting your self-perceived e-superiority by attempting to prove me wrong. When I don't capitulate to your position you badger us with links and finally resort to insults.

So let's save us all a lot of time.

I don't care about the opinion of Rolling Stone or Guitar Blog monthly or whatever linked opinion you trot out to support your stance. 

"Derp, kaos don't know nuthin bout no musik. He likez them KISS homos"

You. Goat. Date night. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:23:47 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2017, 04:41:29 PM »
He was in a bunch of bands.  He can sing a little. 

Whoop-de-shit. 

Calling him "iconic" cheapens the term. 

This is so typical of your standard MO.  I disagree with a position you hold and you can't refrain from exerting your self-perceived e-superiority by attempting to prove me wrong. When I don't capitulate to your position you badger us with links and finally resort to insults.

So let's save us all a lot of time.

I don't care about the opinion of Rolling Stone or Guitar Blog monthly or whatever linked opinion you trot out to support your stance. 

"Derp, kaos don't know nuthin bout no musik. He likez them KISS homos"

You. Goat. Date night.
You are deranged.

What link did I post in this entire thread? It's not there. It is typical of our arguments though, that's for sure. You say an idiotic and counterfactual thing and I correct you and you lose your shit and go straight to insults about goat fucking and doubling and tripling down on outright lies...

You fly off the hinges because I pointed out that when you responded to this:
I disagree, STP, Soundgarden, PJ, Nirvana and AIC were all the voice of the 90's. Each one of them were the sound and voice of my decade and are all iconic for what they did to change the music scene for the better.
With this:
Maybe them. But not so him. 
...it displays layers of ignorance on the subject.

First to say "Well yeah, Soundgarden may be iconic, but not the founder, creator, and lead singer of Soundgarden." And even if you intended to excise him from that group, that shows even more that you have no idea what you're talking about given his and their specific significance in pioneering the genre.

And then I corrected you when you said he was a "session player" and "can sing a little" "Whoop-de-shit." The lead singer and brainchild of three ICONIC bands, two of which birthed an entire musical genre that collectively dominated the charts for an entire decade, and the third extended its life into the next decade. Just a "session player" though. There is no two ways about it but that is a factually incorrect statement. You're wrong as wrong can be wrong. And it PISSES you off when someone points it out, so you fly into a rage.

And I didn't post any link previously, despite your delirium, but I'll link you to Wikipedia now.  I'm sorry you're triggered by knowledge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundgarden
Soundgarden was one of the seminal bands in the creation of grunge, a style of alternative rock that developed in Seattle, and was one of a number of grunge bands signed to the record label Sub Pop. Soundgarden was the first grunge band to sign to a major label (A&M Records in 1988), though the band did not achieve commercial success until they popularized the genre in the early 1990s with Seattle contemporaries Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Alice in Chains.
Soundgarden was one of the early bands of the 1980s Seattle music scene and is regarded as being one of the originators of the genre later known as grunge. The development of the Seattle independent record label Sub Pop is tied closely to Soundgarden, since Sub Pop co-founder Jonathan Poneman funded Soundgarden's early releases, and the band's success led to the expansion of Sub Pop as a serious record label.Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain was a fan of Soundgarden's music, and reportedly Soundgarden's involvement with Sub Pop influenced Cobain to sign Nirvana with the label.

Bottom line is that grunge would not be a thing without Cornell. There would be no Pearl Jam if Cornell didn't enlist its core members for Temple of the Dog, which yes, predates Pearl Jam. There may not even have been a Kurt Cobain or a Nirvana, if not for Sub-Pop, which wouldn't exist without Cornell.

Side note: When 99% of the participants in this thread, and most reports on his death in general, agree that he is a music icon and you and CCTAU fart out that you disagree cause you're not that familiar with him, maybe you should have the humility to recognize that maybe, just maybe, you should reconsider your position.

And to respond to this directly:
I have heard of the band, but it wasn't on any must have playlist.
Hank Jr. is 67 years old. His daddy was iconic. And he probably is also. If he is on the radio, more folks can say his name than most. So maybe he is iconic also.

If I played Sound Garden or Audioslave, how many folks would name the singer? Or the band? Not saying its not good music. We just tend to over accentuate the traits of dead people these days.
All of the above applies to you as well.

Soundgarden's Superunknown went QUADRUPLE PLATINUM. Audioslave's self titled debut went triple platinum. Both bands got and still get tons of airplay.

No Hank or Hank Jr. album has ever gone even double platinum. By your own terrible definition, Cornell is by far more iconic.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:22:52 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »
You are deranged.

What link did I post in this entire thread? It's not there. It is typical of our arguments though, that's for sure. You say an idiotic and counterfactual thing and I correct you and you lose your shit and go straight to insults about goat fucking and doubling and tripling down on outright lies...

You fly off the hinges because I pointed out that when you responded to this:With this:...it displays layers of ignorance on the subject.

First to say "Well yeah, Soundgarden may be iconic, but not the founder, creator, and lead singer of Soundgarden." And even if you intended to excise him from that group, that shows even more that you have no idea what you're talking about given his and their specific significance in pioneering the genre.

And then I corrected you when you said he was a "session player" and "can sing a little" "Whoop-de-shit." The lead singer and brainchild of three ICONIC bands, two of which birthed an entire musical genre that collectively dominated the charts for an entire decade, and the third extended its life into the next decade. Just a "session player" though. There is no two ways about it but that is a factually incorrect statement. You're wrong as wrong can be wrong. And it PISSES you off when someone points it out, so you fly into a rage.

And I didn't post any link previously, despite your delirium, but I'll link you to Wikipedia now.  I'm sorry you're triggered by knowledge.

Bottom line is that grunge would not be a thing without Cornell. There would be no Pearl Jam if Cornell didn't enlist its core members for Temple of the Dog, which yes, predates Pearl Jam. There may not even have been a Kurt Cobain or a Nirvana, if not for Sub-Pop, which wouldn't exist without Cornell.

Side note: When 99% of the participants in this thread, and most reports on his death in general, agree that he is a music icon and you fart out that you and CCTAU disagree cause you're not that familiar with him, maybe you should have the humility to recognize that maybe, just maybe, you should reconsider your position.

And to respond to this directly:All of the above applies to you as well.

Soundgarden's Superunknown went QUADRUPLE PLATINUM. Audioslave's self titled debut went triple platinum. Both bands got and still get tons of airplay.

No Hank or Hank Jr. album has ever gone even double platinum. By your own terrible definition, Cornell is by far more iconic.

Not to mention that by definition, which was called for in this thread, Chris Cornell and Soundgarden fit perfectly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »
I tried. 

Boy can't read.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »
Cornell a session musician.

:haha:

Token is right. Soundgarden was the first big one. Before cobain. Before vedder. In fact they'll both have him down as an influence. As chad somewhat stated in different words - the guy had a lot to do with defining an entire genre. A very big genre. A successful one. That's the influential aspect. Not even getting into his octave range and the high registers he hit with that voice.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:24:55 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 05:25:11 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2017, 11:45:03 PM »

Funny. I predicted your entire ranting response. 

I could give a shit less about Chris Corned Beef.  Yeah he was involved in some bands that briefly changed the direction of music away from hair bands and corporate rock. But neither he nor his bands had staying power.  It was a short-lived blip now relegated to maybe one station somewhere on Sirius.

It doesn't have the depth or breadth of led zep, the stones, Pink Floyd, queen, etc.

It didn't even last as long as disco.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2017, 09:35:06 AM »
You guys will argue about anything...

I wasn't a huge fan of SoundGarden, but always been a fan of Chris Cornell. Dude could flat out sing. He could be put in icon discussion for his cover of Billie Jean...the best Michael Jackson song there is...

At the risk of starting all this up again? 

That's fucking AWFUL.  That's atrocious.  I'd rather hear a gorilla sitting on a lawnmower gargle the song with a throat full of golf balls than listen to that again.  Good lord.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2017, 09:47:51 AM »
You are deranged.

You fly off the hinges because I pointed out that when you responded to this:With this:...it displays layers of ignorance on the subject.

Side note: When 99% of the participants in this thread, and most reports on his death in general, agree that he is a music icon and you and CCTAU fart out that you disagree cause you're not that familiar with him, maybe you should have the humility to recognize that maybe, just maybe, you should reconsider your position.

And to respond to this directly:All of the above applies to you as well.

Wow.  That was a lot of pants shitting.

Just for your record, I know who he is. I've always known. I knew who he was before you did probably.  That whole movement started when I was in my 20s/early 30s.  I was listening to that music when you were still snot bubbling in the oatmeal your mom made for you.  My view that he fails to meet the standard of being an icon has nothing to do with any lack of familiarity, but more so with the application of the term to someone who I honestly believe doesn't deserve it. 

Not sure why you feel the need to insult the intelligence (of which I have an abundance) of anyone who doesn't share the same opinion as you.  That's a major character flaw and I hope you grow out of it.

I really don't know where you get your whole lunatic perception that I've flown off the hinges or gone into a rage.  Those terms personify your responses to me, but I can count on one hand the times I've actually been even a trifle upset about anything that's been said on this board over the last decade.  I think you're projecting your own intellectual insecurity and need to be taken seriously onto me.  Fact is, I really don't give a shit.  I just like the discussion.  Sometimes -- believe it or not -- I just say shit to watch your apoplexy.  It's amusing to watch you melt down into some eighty paragraph rant over something trivial and inconsequential except in your own 'need-to-be-respected' mind.  It's like dropping a quarter into a slot and getting to watch a funny monkey dance. 

Keep that in mind before you froth off the next time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2017, 10:39:46 AM »

I could give a shit less about Chris Corned Beef.  Yeah he was involved in some bands that briefly changed the direction of music away from hair bands and corporate rock. But neither he nor his bands had staying power.  It was a short-lived blip now relegated to maybe one station somewhere on Sirius.

It doesn't have the depth or breadth of led zep, the stones, Pink Floyd, queen, etc.

You have lost your damn mind! Soundgarden will be playing on the radio long after you and I are gone. They definitely have staying power. Stop being a dick and starting arguments for retard sake!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »
As I predicted you would quadruple down on bullshit like this.

I got in the car on the way to Lowe's this morning. "The Day I Tried To Live" by Soundgarden  was on the FM modern rock station when I turned the car on. On the way back home, "Like a Stone" by Audioslave played. I just got home and told Alexa to "Play some tunes" and it picked "Top Alternative Radio". The first song was that "Shut Up and Dance" pop song by Walk the Moon that came out like a year ago. The second was "Say Hello to Heaven" by Temple of the Dog that came out 25 years earlier. Then "Falling" by 21 Pilots.

Your reasoning has zero basis in reality.

False choice fallacy. And unlike Cornell's bands, I've never heard any of those guys on anything but niche classic rock radio.

Wrongity wrong wrong wronger than wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2017, 10:55:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
As I predicted you would quadruple down on bullshit like this.
I got in the car on the way to Lowe's this morning. "The Day I Tried To Live" by Soundgarden  was on the FM modern rock station when I turned the car on. On the way back home, "Like a Stone" by Audioslave played. I just got home and told Alexa to "Play some tunes" and it picked "Top Alternative Radio". The first song was that "Shut Up and Dance" pop song by Walk the Moon that came out like a year ago. The second was "Say Hello to Heaven" by Temple of the Dog that came out 25 years earlier. Then "Falling" by 21 Pilots.

Your reasoning has zero basis in reality.
False choice fallacy. And unlike Cornell's bands, I've never heard any of those guys on anything but niche classic rock radio.

Wrongity wrong wrong wronger than wrong.

See "watching Chizad melt down". 

Success.

For the record (and before Chizzy bricks another shit) I never said it wasn't good (except for that awful Billie jean thing) or that I didn't like it or that it wasn't part of a direction-shaping sound.

All I ever said (with the exception of the Chizzy bait) was that TO ME the guy falls short of the threshold for icon status.  That's it.  But in chizland that's not allowed.  His voice is the only one to matter. It's fun watching him high horse, insult and link when I really don't give flyshit in a mayonnaise jar either way. His indignant fury amuses me.

For the record I asked Siri to play some kitschy niche shit.  She asked "which Chris Cornell song should I play?"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:04:06 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 01:14:14 PM »

Gitar work....he's doin' it rite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »
Didn't snags simply post the thread. No controversy. And then a couple of the argumentative ones were the ones who started the shit throwing? And had the issues? Over one word.

I could go back and copy the whole damn first page in a quote but most here can read. Most.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »
Just took this.

Fourth time Cornell's been on modern rock FM radio today out of less than an hour total I've had it on.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:27:01 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2017, 04:03:28 PM »
Is that a Prius?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions