Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TrumpCare 2.0 likely as bad, if not worse, than the first attempt...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: TrumpCare 2.0 likely as bad, if not worse, than the first attempt...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 10:25:00 AM »
Slow Cooker Venison Stew

Ingredients:

2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled Yukon gold or red potato
2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
1 cup (1-inch) cubed onion
1 cup (1-inch-thick) slices celery
1 cup (1-inch-thick) slices carrot
1/3 cup tomato paste
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound venison tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup brown ale (such as Newcastle)
1 (14-ounce) can beef broth

How to Make It:

Layer first 14 ingredients in an electric slow cooker.

Combine flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish; dredge venison in flour mixture. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add venison. Cook 4 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning frequently. Add venison to slow cooker. Pour beer and broth over venison. Cover and cook on low 7 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf.

Stew can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months; add a little more water or beer when reheating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »
DIRTY SHRIMP AND BEER

- 2 lbs. shelled & deveined shrimp
 - 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
 - 2 Tsp. minced garlic
 - 1 Tsp. dried oregano
 - 1 Tsp. dried basil
 - 1 Tsp. dried thyme
 - 1 Tsp. cayenne pepper
 - 1/2 Tsp. crushed red pepper
 - 1/2 Tsp. sea salt
 - 1/2 Tsp. ground black pepper
 - 1/2 c. Beer
 DIRECTIONS
- Sauté garlic and herbs in coconut oil until garlic is slightly browned. Add shrimp stirring constantly until shrimp are pink and done. Pour in beer, simmer 1-2 minutes. Serve and Enjoy !!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 11:34:55 AM »
DIRTY SHRIMP AND BEER

- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
 - 2 Tsp. minced garlic
 - 1 Tsp. dried oregano
 - 1 Tsp. dried basil
 - 1 Tsp. dried thyme
 - 1 Tsp. cayenne pepper
 - 1/2 Tsp. sea salt
 - 1/2 c. Beer
 DIRECTIONS
- Sauté garlic and herbs in coconut oil until garlic is slightly browned. Add shrimp stirring constantly until shrimp are pink and done. Pour in beer, simmer 1-2 minutes. Serve and Enjoy !!

I think I just decided what's for dinner tonight. :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 11:52:07 AM »
DIRTY SHRIMP AND BEER

- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
 - 2 Tsp. minced garlic
 - 1 Tsp. dried oregano
 - 1 Tsp. dried basil
 - 1 Tsp. dried thyme
 - 1 Tsp. cayenne pepper
 - 1/2 Tsp. sea salt
 - 1/2 c. Beer
 DIRECTIONS

Thanks for the recipe Aut!

Ya know coconut oil is an interesting twist on this ole classic. I can't wait to give it a whirl and see what surprises are in store!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 12:26:23 PM »
Slow Cooker Venison Stew

Ingredients:

2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled Yukon gold or red potato
2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
1 cup (1-inch) cubed onion
1 cup (1-inch-thick) slices celery
1 cup (1-inch-thick) slices carrot
1/3 cup tomato paste
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound venison tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup brown ale (such as Newcastle)
1 (14-ounce) can beef broth

How to Make It:

Layer first 14 ingredients in an electric slow cooker.

Combine flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish; dredge venison in flour mixture. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add venison. Cook 4 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning frequently. Add venison to slow cooker. Pour beer and broth over venison. Cover and cook on low 7 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf.

Stew can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months; add a little more water or beer when reheating.

While this is close, not close enough.

Cut meat in 1 inch cubes.
Forget browning the meat. (works for stew meat of tenderloin) Coat the meat in olive oil, put in slow cooker and add seasoning.
I like garlic salt and pepper with a package of Kroger beef stew seasoning and onions.
Add just enough water to almost cover the meat. Let cook on keep warm over night.
Add the other ingredients in the AM on low. Should be ready for lunch or supper.
The secret to venison is to get the spices in the meat. If not, you will have bites of gamey meat that a lot of folks don't like.
I like to throw a large package of Birds-eye Asian vegetables in there too.

You can prepare the meat the same for chili also. Just use chili seasoning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Aaaand it gets pushed through the House, without most of the people voting on it even reading it and without CBO giving any assessment on it. Thank goodness we have Mo Brooks representing Alabama, you know, the one that stated this week that "people who lead good lives, don't have pre-existing conditions." Funny thing about that, Mo Brooks and everyone else like him are exempt from TrumpCare 2.0

If you're wondering what pre-existing conditions are they talking about...

AIDS/HIV, acid reflux, acne, ADD, addiction, Alzheimer's/dementia, anemia, aneurysm, angioplasty, anorexia, anxiety, arrhythmia, arthritis, asthma, atrial fibrillation, autism, bariatric surgery, basal cell carcinoma, ipolar disorder, blood clot, breast cancer, bulimia, bypass surgery, celiac disease, cerebral aneurysm, cerebral embolism, cerebral palsy, cerebral thrombosis, cervical cancer, colon cancer, colon polyps, congestive heart failure, COPD, Crohn's disease, cystic fibrosis, DMD, depression, diabetes, disabilities, Down syndrome, eating disorder, enlarged prostate, epilepsy, glaucoma, gout, heart disease, heart murmur, heartburn, hemophilia, hepatitis C, herpes, high cholesterol, hypertension, hysterectomy, kidney disease, kidney stones, kidney transplant, leukemia, lung cancer, lupus, lymphoma, mental health issues, migraines, MS, muscular dystrophy, narcolepsy, nasal polyps, obesity, OCD, organ transplant, osteoporosis, pacemaker, panic disorder, paralysis, paraplegia, Parkinson's disease, pregnancy, restless leg syndrome, schizophrenia, seasonal affective disorder, seizures, sickle cell disease, skin cancer, sleep apnea, sleep disorders, stent, stroke, thyroid issues, tooth disease, tuberculosis, ulcers, sexual assault, etc.

Likely everyone on this message board either has a pre-existing or knows someone that does...

Post all the recipes you want, I don't care, but you should probably check to see if you are among those with a pre-existing condition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

Aaaand it gets pushed through the House, without most of the people voting on it even reading it and without CBO giving any assessment on it. Thank goodness we have Mo Brooks representing Alabama, you know, the one that stated this week that "people who lead good lives, don't have pre-existing conditions." Funny thing about that, Mo Brooks and everyone else like him are exempt from TrumpCare 2.0

AIDS/HIV, acid reflux, acne, ADD, addiction, Alzheimer's/dementia, anemia, aneurysm, angioplasty, anorexia, anxiety, arrhythmia, arthritis, asthma, atrial fibrillation, autism, bariatric surgery, basal cell carcinoma, ipolar disorder, blood clot, breast cancer, bulimia, bypass surgery, celiac disease, cerebral aneurysm, cerebral embolism, cerebral palsy, cerebral thrombosis, cervical cancer, colon cancer, colon polyps, congestive heart failure, COPD, Crohn's disease, cystic fibrosis, DMD, depression, diabetes, disabilities, Down syndrome, eating disorder, enlarged prostate, epilepsy, glaucoma, gout, heart disease, heart murmur, heartburn, hemophilia, hepatitis C, herpes, high cholesterol, hypertension, hysterectomy, kidney disease, kidney stones, kidney transplant, leukemia, lung cancer, lupus, lymphoma, mental health issues, migraines, MS, muscular dystrophy, narcolepsy, nasal polyps, obesity, OCD, organ transplant, osteoporosis, pacemaker, panic disorder, paralysis, paraplegia, Parkinson's disease, pregnancy, restless leg syndrome, schizophrenia, seasonal affective disorder, seizures, sickle cell disease, skin cancer, sleep apnea, sleep disorders, stent, stroke, thyroid issues, tooth disease, tuberculosis, ulcers, sexual assault, etc.

Likely everyone on this message board either has a pre-existing or knows someone that does...

Post all the recipes you want, I don't care, but you should probably check to see if you are among those with a pre-existing condition.

damn she told me Herpes wasn't pre-existing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about

Just curious if you could show me where you got this list from?  It's odd, a friend of mine posted this exact list in that exact order in the exact same format on her Facebook.  Also, could you show me the language in the bill where it says everyone with all of these conditions will absolutely not be covered?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:40:51 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!

I was gonna post a recipe.  But first....

You dumb hairy bitch.  Your pre-existing condition is numb skullery. 

We gotta pass it to find out what's in it.  Didn't you learn anything? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 11:10:01 PM »
Just curious if you could show me where you got this list from?  It's odd, a friend of mine posted this exact list in that exact order in the exact same format on her Facebook.  Also, could you show me the language in the bill where it says everyone with all of these conditions will absolutely not be covered?

It's a meme that is making the rounds with the Bernsters!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 07:26:09 AM »

He can't. Because it's not true. More propoganda he is copying from his left wing nut job sites. What prowler and his side continue to ignore is that fact that this thing is collapsing. Insurers are folding up in some states. Iowa more than likely won't even have an aca option next year. You have to do something. Either now by choice or later by force.

I'm not sure how humanity made it without barrycare and smart phones before approx 2008ish. It's amazing we made it this far. To hear some tell it we're a goner.

Fwiw - pre existing condition people get charged no more out of pocket than healthy people under aca. Going forward they probably will. Sorry but that's how insurance works. People that have had accidents get charged more for auto. You're a higher risk. People that live in a flood zone or tornado alley - same thing. It's a hedge/risk game. But what has been put in this bill to make up for that is some money to fill in that gap for each state. I don't like that (it being a subsidy) but I'll concede it to get the bulk of this monstrosity replaced.

This lady has a very common sense take on it with some truths along with Rep Mast - both have pre existing conditions:

http://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2017/05/04/share-pre-existing-condition-brian-mast-support-obamacare-repeal/

And then Rep. Mast stood up to call out the Democrats who were deliberately misleading Americans with their comments about pre-existing conditions.

“I, too, am a person with pre-existing conditions, and I believe it is not just something I should do it’s a responsibility for me to be the staunchest advocate for people out there that have pre-existing conditions,” he said.

I agree. While I’m not the “ardent supporter” of the AHCA Rep. Mast is, as someone with a pre-existing condition I feel it is my responsibility to raise the issue of pre-existing conditions in a factual and rational light. Not as a bogeyman and scare tactic on their fellow Americans.

Mast was spot on in his comments when asking those with and without pre-existing conditions, how do they expect to have coverage if insurer after insurer is pulling out of the individual health care market in state after state. “If there is no entity out there to provide insurance, how is it that pre-existing conditions could possibly be covered?” Mast asked.

As I wrote yesterday, those with pre-existing conditions who could not find affordable coverage pre-Obamacare peaked at 114,959 in 2013.

The Affordable Care Act is collapsing around us. To do nothing is foolhardy. While the AHCA was nothing I wanted as a conservative, Democrats placing their hands over their ears and eyes and contending the AHCA is worse than the absolute and proven failure that is Obamacare, is willfully disingenuous and misleading.

Rep. Mast called the Democrats out on that as well.

“Who is it that’s going out there and saying that pre-existing conditions won’t be covered,” he asked. “It is the exact same group of people that went out there and lied to the face of every single American that if you like their plan they can keep their plan. If they like their doctor they can keep their doctor. That the average American family was going to save $2,500 or more on health insurance. That was a bold-faced lie.”

In other words, considering the source on coverage of pre-existing conditions is a must. As someone with pre-existing conditions, the changes the AHCA makes to the Affordable Care Act do not concern me at all. What should concern everyone is the continuing flight of insurers from the individual market under the Affordable Care Act. It’s unsustainable and those with pre-existing conditions will have less coverage, like everyone else, with the status quo than under any new plan the GOP comes up with.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:38:45 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 08:27:10 AM »
Funny thing about that, Mo Brooks and everyone else like him are exempt from TrumpCare 2.0
You may want to read this:
https://housegop.leadpages.co/healthcare/

It is actually pretty informative.

Also, in regards to Congress being exempt, that's just false. They already passed the bill to fix that.

Q: Are Members of Congress and their staff bound to the same rules as everyone else?

A: Members of Congress should live by the same rules as everyone else. Period. We're passing legislation to make a simple technical correction to ensure that the American Health Care Act (AHCA) and its amendments apply equally to everyone.

READ THE MCSALLY BILL TEXT: H.R. 2192, To amend the Public Health Service Act to eliminate the non-application of certain State waiver provisions to Members of Congress and congressional staff.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.  You simply parrot things you see on whatever website you find that fits your ideology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 09:12:51 AM »
You may want to read this:
https://housegop.leadpages.co/healthcare/

It is actually pretty informative.

Also, in regards to Congress being exempt, that's just false. They already passed the bill to fix that.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.  You simply parrot things you see on whatever website you find that fits your ideology.

He won't respond to facts. He just makes up or believes what he wants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 09:43:51 AM »
He won't respond to facts. He just makes up or believes what he wants.
:crickets:
As usual from Prowler whenever someone directly disputes some BS he spouts with cold hard facts.  But what's funny is that he will pop back up a page or two from now, or in another post, saying the exact same thing that was proven wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions