« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2017, 09:44:29 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Beerz At JHS?
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2017, 11:22:28 AM »
Wrong.
See Wes, if he says I'm wrong, and that it's the dumbest argument he's seen from me, despite using that card every single time his argument is defeated, then I'm de facto wrong.

Truth is the world as Kaos sees it. Everything else is #FakeNews.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2017, 11:44:09 AM »
See Wes, if he says I'm wrong, and that it's the dumbest argument he's seen from me, despite using that card every single time his argument is defeated, then I'm de facto wrong.

It's not the dumbest argument I've seen from you. I think he's wrong about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2017, 11:44:27 AM »

See also:  NOT HILLARY!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2017, 11:48:30 AM »
See also:  NOT HILLARY!!!!
No need for a rational fact-based argument when you can just blurt an insult instead. THEN YOU'RE NEVER WRONG!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2017, 12:15:28 PM »
No need for a rational fact-based argument when you can just blurt an insult instead. THEN YOU'RE NEVER WRONG!

Your're wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
Your're wrong.

A well thought out argument.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2017, 12:41:12 PM »

Your "argument" such as it were was flawed on multiple fronts.

First, the effort to correlate prohibition and not selling alcohol in JHS is laughable. It's like comparing monkeys to PVC pipe.  Idiotic.  Not the same thing.

Second, its simply a fallacy that legalizing something negative somehow makes it better.  Has alcoholism declined since the end of prohibition?  DUIs? Alcohol related deaths? Liver disease? Alcohol related violence? Divorces?

Did legalized abortion lead to fewer murders? Greater stigma?

That portion of your argument -- lame as it was -- is the excuse given by the weak to justify all manner of evils. Hey, pedos are going to fuck little kids anyway. Why make it illegal. And burglars are just gonna burg. Might as well let them.

Sometimes, Chizad?   Wrong really does say it all.  Little else was needed to shit on your pathetic effort
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2017, 02:44:06 PM »
Homo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »
Please to stop hijacking our drunk in JHS story time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2017, 02:58:42 PM »

First, the effort to correlate prohibition and not selling alcohol in JHS is laughable. It's like comparing monkeys to PVC pipe.  Idiotic.  Not the same thing.

Second, its simply a fallacy that legalizing something negative somehow makes it better.  Has alcoholism declined since the end of prohibition?  DUIs? Alcohol related deaths? Liver disease? Alcohol related violence? Divorces?

That portion of your argument -- lame as it was -- is the excuse given by the weak to justify all manner of evils. Hey, pedos are going to fuck little kids anyway. Why make it illegal. And burglars are just gonna burg. Might as well let them.

Sometimes, Chizad?   Wrong really does say it all.  Little else was needed to shit on your pathetic effort

No

Because alcohol is something that has already been deemed legal to do. And unless you are doing something illegal with it, you aren't hurting anyone but you. People bring it in because it's legal to own and drink in general. It's not criminal to take it in. Just a soft rule so people will do it anyway. To compare that to being a burglar(illegal in any fashion anywhere)  is more the apples and oranges.

The comparison to prohibition is to illustrate that it's probably a safer environment overall when it's controlled legally versus the instability created by buffoons who can't handle large amounts going unchecked sneaking it in. I'm ok with people bringing in their own but you always have those that just can't control it. I've seen this personally. Selling it let's the "bartender" either cut them off or have their asses thrown out for getting too belligerent as Wes said. Prohibition of anything inherently legal creates a more volatile and uncontrollable environment. That's more the point.

Your argument to me sounds more like a "should alcohol even be legal" argument.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:03:59 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2017, 03:29:51 PM »
No

Because alcohol is something that has already been deemed legal to do. And unless you are doing something illegal with it, you aren't hurting anyone but you. People bring it in because it's legal to own and drink in general. It's not criminal to take it in. Just a soft rule so people will do it anyway. To compare that to being a burglar(illegal in any fashion anywhere)  is more the apples and oranges.

The comparison to prohibition is to illustrate that it's probably a safer environment overall when it's controlled legally versus the instability created by buffoons who can't handle large amounts going unchecked sneaking it in. I'm ok with people bringing in their own but you always have those that just can't control it. I've seen this personally. Selling it let's the "bartender" either cut them off or have their asses thrown out for getting too belligerent as Wes said. Prohibition of anything inherently legal creates a more volatile and uncontrollable environment. That's more the point.

Your argument to me sounds more like a "should alcohol even be legal" argument.

Completely wrong. 

Has the end of prohibition in any way, shape or form resulted in fewer drunks?  Has it helped curb any alcohol-related illnesses or addictions?   That was chad's stupid ass argument.  It was "better" because it was legal and it would be.better at JHS were it allowed there. 

Utter horseshit.  The people who sneak booze are going to sneak booze legal or not. It's absolute nonsense to posit that the availability of legal alcohol willl somehow cut down on the incidents of drunkenness. Poppyrot. 

As for the portion of the argument you attempted?  This isn't a matter of legal vs illegal. It's a matter of choosing the appropriate venue. Many cities have open container laws. Many have laws regulating when and where. 

It's legal to take a shit but you can't do it on the sidewalk. Wrong venue. Not appropriate.

For a number of reasons the sale of alcohol is not appropriate for JHS. The argument that it would somehow be better if "controlled" is a farce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2017, 03:53:50 PM »

I see what you mean. You're just wrong. Pretty much all there is to say here. Not worth wasting time delving in to point by point how everything you said here was either factually and statistically incorrect, wildly presumptive, a hyperbolic strawman, or an insane false equivalence.

But yeah, you're probably right, letting people enjoy a few pops at the football game is exactly like legalizing pedophilia...

:taunt:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:31:19 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »
Completely wrong. 

Has the end of prohibition in any way, shape or form resulted in fewer drunks?  Has it helped curb any alcohol-related illnesses or addictions?   That was chad's stupid ass argument.  It was "better" because it was legal and it would be.better at JHS were it allowed there. 

Utter horseshit.  The people who sneak booze are going to sneak booze legal or not. It's absolute nonsense to posit that the availability of legal alcohol willl somehow cut down on the incidents of drunkenness. Poppyrot. 

As for the portion of the argument you attempted?  This isn't a matter of legal vs illegal. It's a matter of choosing the appropriate venue. Many cities have open container laws. Many have laws regulating when and where. 

It's legal to take a shit but you can't do it on the sidewalk. Wrong venue. Not appropriate.

For a number of reasons the sale of alcohol is not appropriate for JHS. The argument that it would somehow be better if "controlled" is a farce.

The bed of an opposing fan's truck could be considered an appropriate venue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »
Completely wrong. 

Why is it the wrong venue? Who decides that? We're getting into arbitrary blue law territory now. And again - not selling it there doesn't mean it ain't there. Nothing you can do about that.

Not sure the argument on prohibition causing fewer or more drunks since is relevant.

But it did create a much more hostile environment. You know organized crime and bootlegging and all. Which is the point. And that's fact not opinion. It happened.

Making it legal and in a controlled environment is a better option. Especially for something already legal.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:00:03 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2017, 05:04:34 PM »
End of the day, I'm not sure anyone is changing anyone else's opinion on this topic. Everyone has their reasons. I respect that. On this one I'm just more on the libertarian side of the fence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2017, 06:21:44 PM »
End of the day, I'm not sure anyone is changing anyone else's opinion on this topic. Everyone has their reasons. I respect that. On this one I'm just more on the libertarian side of the fence.
Yep. Chizzy is a homo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2017, 06:23:50 PM »
Completely wrong. 

Has the end of prohibition in any way, shape or form resulted in fewer drunks?  Has it helped curb any alcohol-related illnesses or addictions?   That was chad's stupid ass argument.

This guy agreed with him:

Yes.  I know prohibition failed.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2017, 09:47:32 PM »
Why is it the wrong venue? Who decides that? We're getting into arbitrary blue law territory now. And again - not selling it there doesn't mean it ain't there. Nothing you can do about that.

Not sure the argument on prohibition causing fewer or more drunks since is relevant.

But it did create a much more hostile environment. You know organized crime and bootlegging and all. Which is the point. And that's fact not opinion. It happened.

Making it legal and in a controlled environment is a better option. Especially for something already legal.

So it's okay because the government makes money, not the bootleggers? 

Pfffftttt.  Invalid point. 

Why is it not an appropriate venue?  Because it's a COLLEGE football game sponsored by Auburn University.  Many of the players aren't even old enough to even drink.

There's a vast difference between knowing something exists that you'd prefer to prevent and the complicit endorsement of an activity by providing easy access to it. 

Roughly 72% of the student body at Auburn is under the age of 21. I'd have a hard time supporting a university that embraced providing alcohol at sponsored events, including football.   

What's next? Kegs at high school football games? Open bars at pee wee soccer?

Why is it we can legislate and shame smoking into virtual non-existence but the same social taboo isn't applied to drinking? When was the last time anybody had a few too many Winstons and roughed up the wife and kids?  When was the last time anybody smoked a whole pack of Kools and killed somebody on the highway?  Smoking isn't 1/10th the hazard to others that drinking is.  And yet we've disgraced it into submission. 

I have no problem with selling booze at pro games.  Or NASCAR events. Or the WWE.  Or the opera. Or concerts (that are not held on college campuses).  The sale of alcohol has no place at a University sponsored public event.  That's common sense. 

Sure, prohibition failed.  It failed in execution, not concept.  You'll never convince me that the end of prohibition "solved" anything or made this a better country.  There is no evidence to support that, it's just the lie people tell you to justify doing whatever it is they want to do.  It's a lie no matter who says it.

You have no legs on which to stand and no arms with which to support this farcical position.  This has nothing to do with libertarianism or any other political position.

Yeah, chad.  You're gonna control it because people will drink LESS when they have MORE access to it.  God DAMM that's stupid. You've surpassed Prowler in dumbassery with this one. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:52:00 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2017, 09:48:29 PM »
I see what you mean. You're just wrong. Pretty much all there is to say here. Not worth wasting time delving in to point by point how everything you said here was either factly and statistically incorrect, wildly presumptive, a hyperbolic strawman, or an insane false equivalence.

But yeah, you're probably right, letting people enjoy a few pops at the football game is exactly like legalizing pedophilia...

:taunt:

Wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions