Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Smoking a Pork Shoulder/Pulled Pork

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Smoking a Pork Shoulder/Pulled Pork
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 09:57:48 AM »
He's busy working 16 hour shifts and raising youngins.

Okay, but what's his excuse?  You have to get your priorities in order and I do believe a thread about cooking delicious meats should damn well be at the top of the list.  Are we not men?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:50 AM »
Okay, but what's his excuse?  You have to get your priorities in order and I do believe a thread about cooking delicious meats should damn well be at the top of the list.  Are we not men?

Add brown lick-her to the discussion and you'll probably have him hooked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 10:45:47 AM »
Yeah! Well, I mean....the rest of us are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 10:57:03 AM »
On the Primo you should be able to just set it and forget it.  Get that thing up to around 175-200 and just let it cook for about 6-8 hours.
For the cost of a Primo, you should also be able to just lie in your hammock while it brings you an umbrella drink and makes you a snack while you wait until it completes your food order. Unassisted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »
He's busy working 16 hour shifts and raising youngins.

Exactly.......

The Primo comes with smoke plates that you can order that will deflect the heat from the rack and you can dial it in to about 250. 

I inject.  I use 3 parts Apple Juice to one part Burrbinz, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, a splash or three of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of Wicks and 2 tblspn of Worchester .  I mix it all together in a pot, bring to a simmer so the sugar will dissolve and then I put it in a jar and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours before injecting so everything can meld.

I usually take what is leftover after injecting and boil it so I have a sop mop to use while cooking. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 11:19:49 AM »
Exactly.......

The Primo comes with smoke plates that you can order that will deflect the heat from the rack and you can dial it in to about 250. 

I inject.  I use 3 parts Apple Juice to one part Burrbinz, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, a splash or three of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of Wicks and 2 tblspn of Worchester .  I mix it all together in a pot, bring to a simmer so the sugar will dissolve and then I put it in a jar and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours before injecting so everything can meld.

I usually take what is leftover after injecting and boil it so I have a sop mop to use while cooking.

yes.  all of it.  well most of it. well yeah all of it.

i have injected with peach nectar, pineapple juice, brown sugar and dark rum. 

brine is for the ham bone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 11:21:12 AM »

Gonna try that.  I have done Peach before but not dark rum.  Speaking of, do you know what goes good with rum?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
Exactly.......

Can you say that again but slower this time?

But hold on and let me go get a couple of paper towels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »

And for that reason...I'm out.

I ain't about to eat nothing you perverts have "injected"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 04:49:20 PM »
For the cost of a Primo, you should also be able to just lie in your hammock while it brings you an umbrella drink and makes you a snack while you wait until it completes your food order. Unassisted.

Key fact.  I did not buy a Primo.  It was given to me. I'm just trying to make worth the money my neighbor spent 👅
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 05:20:14 PM »
Gonna try that.  I have done Peach before but not dark rum.  Speaking of, do you know what goes good with rum?

nekkid women? ...no that is Tequila

lots of boobs? ...no that is Chardonnay

i give up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 06:36:49 PM »
Delicious Coke Product?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 09:56:15 AM »

We are Devo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 09:42:36 AM »

or before smoking a Turkey
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 09:44:13 AM »
What are you cooking it on?  I have almost zero experience with the smoking of the meats.  I've done quite a few butts, briskets etc. low and slow, indirect heat on The Egg.  But, I don't have a true smoker.  I'll usually do the overnight brine, but I'm liking what Buzzy does.  Inject with apple juice, rub it, soak it and wrap it.  Never used apple juice before on something like that.  Daddy like!

Speaking of The Egg, they've got a cook book that gives a real unique combination of spices for the rub on beer butt chickens.  But you spray them constantly while cooking with a mixture of apple cider, Balsamic vinegar and beer. 

I'm getting hungry.

BTW you haven't smoke on the egg, wtf are you doing?

I've had my BGE for less than a month and I have already smoked on it twice.   It smokes 100x better and easier than my actual smoker, which is why it is going buh-bye.

You are doing it wrong...again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 09:52:58 AM »

I've had my BGE for less than a month and I have already smoked on it twice.   It smokes 100x better and easier than my actual smoker, which is why it is going buh-bye.

His saying : "I've done quite a few butts" is the understatement of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »

Cut him a break. He's been spending lots of time at his 3rd mansion at rosemary beach this year. It's not easy to haul the egg down there all by himself. And his hired help had left for the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2017, 09:33:44 PM »

Wrong....again.  Dude, I've had the BGE for years.  I don't call cooking low and slow, "Smoking".  I'll add wood chips but I still don't consider that true meat smoking.  We did a brisket for 12 hours last weekend.  Even a gay man would have said it was the best meat he'd ever put in his mouth. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2017, 10:04:21 AM »
I don't call cooking low and slow, "Smoking".

Seriously WTF.  You do know this is the #1 principle of smoking. 

I don't add smoke chips, you can put a whole log (did I say log, not in the way that you thnk I did) in the bottom and that thing will smoke for hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2017, 10:59:32 AM »
Seriously WTF.  You do know this is the #1 principle of smoking. 

I don't add smoke chips, you can put a whole log (did I say log, not in the way that you thnk I did) in the bottom and that thing will smoke for hours.

GF, your words are hurtful.  I thought you were talking about smoking cigars while cooking on the Egg.  I will not be at the pancake social tonight.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:13:26 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions