Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nazis vs. Anarchocommunists Square Off In Auburn

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Nazis vs. Anarchocommunists Square Off In Auburn
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 02:31:14 PM »
I guess he's coming anyway. Possibly speaking in the "free speech zone".

One wouldn't think we'd need a zone for this.

The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 02:32:28 PM »
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Only dumbasses would stop there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 02:33:37 PM »
Listen, Betty. Don't start up with your white zone shit again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »
Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 02:53:26 PM »
Only dumbasses would stop there.
Or their friends
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
Listen, Betty. Don't start up with your white zone shit again.

Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend? We both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 05:10:36 PM »
Federal court ruled they have to let him use Foy.
http://www.oanow.com/news/auburn/updated-p-m-with-court-ruling-allowing-use-of-foy/article_74c38574-23bc-11e7-b1ae-2f4e76775b88.html

More proof that Auburn's first response was the correct one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 08:07:24 PM »
Federal court ruled they have to let him use Foy.
http://www.oanow.com/news/auburn/updated-p-m-with-court-ruling-allowing-use-of-foy/article_74c38574-23bc-11e7-b1ae-2f4e76775b88.html

More proof that Auburn's first response was the correct one.

It's the right one.

If not we go down a very slippery slope with free speech.

Ward Churchill, Michael Moore, Iranian leader ahmenejad, bill ayers - all have spoken at colleges. All could be considered as bad or worse than spencer. All should be allowed to as long as they are not hurting anyone, impeding anyone's right or threatening anyone. Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 09:06:17 PM »
Let him speak. Let the people protest. Just stay the fuck away from Toomer's Corner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »
Looks like the First Amendment wins again.

Kudos to Auburn for showing how to combat idiocy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 10:45:45 PM »
Looks like the First Amendment wins again.

Kudos to Auburn for showing how to combat idiocy.
Mmm yeah, Auburn was forced to allow him to speak by a judge. Without the judge's order, the speaking engagement likely doesn't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 08:57:56 AM »
Mmm yeah, Auburn was forced to allow him to speak by a judge. Without the judge's order, the speaking engagement likely doesn't happen.

Yeah was wondering where Wes was going with that too. Auburn tried to shut it down. I didn't agree with that. In a rare moment I agree with you. Let both him and the protestors do their thing as long as they aren't hurting anyone else or impeding the public right of way (blocking people, causing traffic jams, etc).

Although they did go to toomers. Not cool!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 09:00:55 AM »
What I meant was the counter-speech was effective in shutting down the idiocy.

That's how the 1st should work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 09:04:20 AM »

Gotcha. And agree as far as both sides being allowed the same free speech opportunity and letting the chips fall.

I'll go a bit farther even. The media and auburn both made this thing a bigger deal than it ever should have been. If they had allowed it and the media had shut their traps, he probably would have been speaking to a dozen people in that room.

But now it's a national story, he will be a martyr to many on his side, his movement will grow and that room was full of people. Total opposite effect of what they probably wanted. Well the media was probably ok with it because controversy sells and they would throw their mothers off a cliff to get a few extra page clicks.

But you get my drift.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:05:56 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 09:04:59 AM »

It's not your job to tell me how anything should work, mister. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 09:11:43 AM »

Agree.

Auburn did the right thing before they didn't before they were forced to. But once that happened, he was allowed to speak. The students challenged him in the Q&A. They all came together to chant Auburn fight songs. They clowned on the Nazis AND the Commies. Spencer revealed himself to be the idiot he is. Anyone who maybe thought he might have had a few good ideas likely quickly turned on him when he started ranting about how SEC football should be banned.

There is something truly sick, I have to say, about bringing in to a school, a school like Auburn that has a history of white identity, to bring in people, who let’s be frank, are not the greatest exemplars of the African race [crowd moans and reacts] if we want to judge them by their character, we want to judge them by their commitment to being student-athletes, they are absolutely not great exemplars of the African race.

For alumnae of this institution to be funding these kinds of programs, to be bringing in people they have nothing in common with, that they would not allow into their homes, people who walk around campus like they own it, who engage in all sorts of activities including sexual abuse of white women on campus. [applause] The notion that that is some great source of identity, well, call me a little bit skeptical.

[crowd yells over each other]

We lose ourselves in these false identities. [more yelling]. We lose ourselves in this false identity of something like football, this billion dollar circus that we want to substitute for something real, that we want to substitute for our homes and our families, that we want to substitute for our senses of ourselves. Yes, that is absolutely sick. Yes, if I could wave a magic wand, I would absolutely ban football.

But I think this, this embrace of something as sick as the Southern football industry, the SEC and all this stuff, something as sick as that, we are covering up some hole in ourselves. We are rooting on people that you have no connection to, that don’t represent you–they don’t represent you–you’re rooting on this sick industry to substitute for that hole in yourself. … instead they’ve substituted some disgusting bullshit football game.

Protests were kept peaceful. Police maintained order by handling the few squirmishes that did try to seep through. It was basically a clinic on why free speech is ALWAYS the best solution.

Also this:

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/04/18/auburn-takes-berkeley-to-school-as-police-unmask-anti-fascists-outside-richard-spencer-speech/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 09:34:56 AM »
You know what? This guy is changing my mind about this silly game called football and how it degrades our school. I'm not going to be part of something like that.

Let's protest football!

C'mon! Who's with me guys!

Guys?......Hello?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 10:03:32 AM »

Protests were kept peaceful. Police maintained order by handling the few squirmishes that did try to seep through. It was basically a clinic on why free speech is ALWAYS the best solution.

al.com had big pictures of people being beaten bloody by police on the front page last night and today. 

I mean they couldn't have dramatized it to make Auburn look worse.  That's not how they roll. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »
Agree.

Auburn did the right thing before they didn't before they were forced to. But once that happened, he was allowed to speak. The students challenged him in the Q&A. They all came together to chant Auburn fight songs. They clowned on the Nazis AND the Commies. Spencer revealed himself to be the idiot he is. Anyone who maybe thought he might have had a few good ideas likely quickly turned on him when he started ranting about how SEC football should be banned.

Also this:

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/04/18/auburn-takes-berkeley-to-school-as-police-unmask-anti-fascists-outside-richard-spencer-speech/

So once again in another round about kind of way - the "free market" way won (albeit no money involved).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 10:31:51 AM »

al.com had big pictures of people being beaten bloody by police on the front page last night and today. 

I mean they couldn't have dramatized it to make Auburn look worse.  That's not how they roll.
What do you think?

OF COURSE they did that. There was a total of one fight and three arrests. The fight lasted about 10 seconds and was swiftly shut down by the cops. The third party was some Antifa girl trying to dogpile the fight with a padlock wrapped in a bandanna.

This is the extent of the "violence".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions