Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Unbridled Optimism
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 04:56:56 PM »
October 7,
October 14,
October 21

That's the killer stretch.  At LSU. At Arkansas. At A&M.   

I'd say there's only a 7.945% chance we get out of that unscathed.  Assuming we do knock off MSU, Mizzou and the Ackbar Rebel Black Bears, dropping one in that stretch puts us in a hole. 

That other bunch of assholes in the state only play Vandy, MSU and A&M on the road with plenty of space between each.  I don't see UT challenging them. I don't see Vandy or A&M either.  Those same three road weeks in October?  They're at home three straight.   

As always we'd need help to catch them.   And we'd have to finally beat UGA, too.  I'm sick of that.  Some of the most pathetic UGA teams in my lifetime and we can't muster an effort. 

I'd settle for us being entertaining and winning double digit games. The last few years I've mostly cringed watching us fumble fuck ourselves on offense. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 05:02:14 PM »
Top 5 is overrated because of last year. If we had won a couple of more, it would look ok to put us there.

We've proven zilch on offense. We won't really know until the halfway point of the season.

Kam Pettway would like a word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 05:04:39 PM »
I'd say there's only a 7.945% chance we get out of that unscathed.
I came to the same conclusion. About a 1/5 chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »
Here's a real reason for unbridled optimism.  I went to the concession stands in the scholarship section to get my free soft drinks, free program, free chips and salsa, free BBQ etc. You get the idea.  You know how Snags rolls up in the club, bottle full of bub.

What hast thou there on the counter, Wench? Me thinkest mine eyes are want to deceive. Could it be?  HA!  Splendid indeed.  Wench, poureth me a stein of your finest ale. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »
Soooo...

Al Borges is back on the Plains.  Offensive analyst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 05:19:52 PM »
In non-Medieval times jargon, they're selling teh beerz and winez in JHS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »
Soooo...

Al Borges is back on the Plains.  Offensive analyst.

NOW I'm excited!!!!!  You can't drop that bombshell in here.  It needs it's own thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 05:33:09 PM »
In non-Medieval times jargon, they're selling teh beerz and winez in JHS.

You serious, Clark?  Even in the proletariat sections?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 06:41:45 PM »
I came to the same conclusion. About a 1/5 chance.

Love it when you use chizad math.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 06:42:50 PM »

Ummm yeah I need someone to elaborate here as well
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »
What hast thou there on the counter, Wench? Me thinkest mine eyes are want to deceive. Could it be?  HA!  Splendid indeed.  Wench, poureth me a stein of your finest ale.
Pffft! The gawking rabble section I sit in ALWAYS has a bottle of top shelf brown likker. We don't have to put up with snobby blue hairs who give a fellow the disapproving stares for taking a sip, either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »
Doubtful. Besides my good friend Papa Burt never disappoints.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 09:29:19 PM »
Pffft! The gawking rabble section I sit in ALWAYS has a bottle of top shelf brown likker. We don't have to put up with snobby blue hairs who give a fellow the disapproving stares for taking a sip, either.

I was told by the two beer wenches that they were trying it out on a limited basis with the more affluent, like myself.  If it went well, they would possibly be expanding to the general riff-raff. However, methinks they didn't know of which they spoke.  I only see a limited number of current college stadiums that sell hooch, none of which are in the SEC.  If it ain't sold in Baton Rude, it ain't coming to JHS.  I really think they meant the scholly sections, orange seats and boxes.  The few times I've been allowed...snuck in..a box, it's likker galore.  And my understanding is you pre-order the food and hooch you want the week of the game. 

I believe the SEC rule is simply no alcohol allowed at SEC events, unless you wear cargo pants with 63 pockets like I did to the SECCG against the Cocks.  I clinked all the way to my seat.  160 miniatures scattered amongst the various pockets and a nice pint down my dick in case I got busted with the minis.  The vendors sold many a delicious coke product that night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 09:44:21 PM »
Doubtful. Besides my good friend Papa Burt never disappoints.

Tru werds
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »

Them Idaho fans didn't seem to mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 07:54:32 AM »
Feeling something akin to post-coital glow in the wake of viewing the A-Day Game.  Let's do some way too early season predictions*:

Sept. 2–Georgia Southern at Auburn - W; Nice warmup before a vicious road test.

Sept. 9–Auburn at Clemson - W; Yes, they won the trophy...but Watson, Williams and lots of key personnel are gone.  I'm glad we're catching them early in the season before the new starters really gel.

Sept. 16–Mercer at Auburn - W; Like a shiatsu after a workout...good cool down game to rest some starters after what I presume will be a slugfest.

Sept. 23–Auburn at Missouri - W; Don't know much about Mizzou except that their student body is whiny and we kicked that ass last time they were on the field with us.  They've had coaching turmoil and this should be a relatively easy conference win.

Sept. 30–Mississippi State at Auburn - W; I was kind of shocked at the success Fitzgerald had running the Mullen offense, but they are still Miss St and we should win if we expect to be contenders.

Oct. 7–Ole Miss at Auburn - W; The wheels are off the wagon in Oxford.  I wonder what they're calling our "bowl" game with them.

Oct. 14–Auburn at LSU - W/L; We held serve against them with just our kicker last year.  We will unleash the rest of the playmakers this year.  Etling is improving and the Faux Tigahs always have the horses, so there is no certainty, but a win in Red Stick is crucial.

Oct. 21–Auburn at Arkansas - W; It may get uglier than last year.  Word on the Pig board is that they are switching to a 3-4 defense...seemingly with no regard to the personnel needed to run it.

Nov. 4–Auburn at Texas A&M - W/L; You never know what you're going to get with A&M.  Thankfully, Garrett is gone, but they have been stockpiling talent and homofield advantage (especially at the end of a brutal road march) may make the difference here.

Nov. 11–Georgia at Auburn - W/L; Kirby is building something over there and Eason is the cornerstone.  He's still a couple of years from fielding a complete team, but the Dawgs are rarely an easy out.

Nov. 18–Louisiana-Monroe at Auburn - W

Nov. 25–Alabama at Auburn - W/L; If things play out favorably, this will be the SECCG qualifier.  Who the fuck knows?

Somewhere between 8-4 (unacceptable, imo) and 12-0, with a lean towards a 10/11 win season based on naked optimism.

*predictions subject to change in the wake of injury or arrest of key personnel.

Updating this to say that LSU, A&M and UGA are moving to the W column.

LSU is suffering crazy attrition due to transfers and I heard that they only have 8 scholly OL on the roster now.  Guice is still a madman, but I like what I'm seeing out of our D.

A&M...fuck 'em.  Other than Christian Kirk (who's a great player, no doubt) I can't name a single player on their team.

UGA...fuck 'em.  By the time they roll around on the schedule, this team will be kicking ass and taking names.

Iron Bowl for the SECW/SEC...and still in play for a playoff spot regardless of outcome.

11-1/12-0.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:16:35 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 09:41:03 AM »
Updating this to say that LSU, A&M and UGA are moving to the W column.

LSU is suffering crazy attrition due to transfers and I heard that they only have 8 scholly OL on the roster now.  Guice is still a madman, but I like what I'm seeing out of our D.

A&M...fuck 'em.  Other than Christian Kirk (who's a great player, no doubt) I can't name a single player on their team.

UGA...fuck 'em.  By the time they roll around on the schedule, this team will be kicking ass and taking names.

Iron Bowl for the SECW/SEC...and still in play for a playoff spot regardless of outcome.

11-1/12-0.

you have a lot riding on White. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2017, 09:58:53 AM »
you have a lot riding on White.
Well he likes dark meat sooo..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2017, 10:04:32 AM »
Bridle it. We'll be good. Anything else is icing on the cake. Refuse to go in to 2017 with high expectations only to be disappointed once again. Would much rather be surprised.

Still here ^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2017, 10:34:53 AM »
Realistically I think 10 wins are possible after a 6-0 start. But I say this keeping in mind that we have to have a healthy Pettway throughout.
So I'm tempering my prediction with wins in two of the three road games and two of the final three.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions