Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A real scandal

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: A real scandal
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 02:52:48 PM »
The text messages are hilarious and sad.  This article has more info from several others who are spilling it. 

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/04/hidden_gems_in_3000-page_bentl.html#incart_most-read_news_article

What's even more salacious than the governor's lust for Rebekah, though?  The long, slow, bama loving strokes that John Archibald gives John Hannah repeatedly in this piece.  His true Bammer colors are flying here and it informs the remainder of his alleged "neutrality." 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »
Just think about how much the gov could make posing nude. He's a sexy old man.

Makes me so proud to be an Alabamian.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 03:36:14 PM »
WOTS is that he is "negotiating" his resignation.
Gonna finally happen on Wednesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 04:22:51 PM »
Gonna finally happen on Wednesday.

It's for the best to be honest. He and this whole thing is just a huge distraction right now and is affecting things.

Real story (not nearly as cool as a BIL STORY) - I attended a luncheon last summer with Bentley. He was in my area speaking about economic development and what not. A good friend of mine is the mayor in phenix city and invited me to tag along. Sure. Why not. Long story short - Bentley was a horses ass. Smug, no wit or charm or personality about him. He was just as kaos described. He was very cold. I didn't see him speak to one person. In fact he got up from the event about halfway through and left, and hopped back on his helicopter or jet to head back to Montgomery. I just thought he was extremely douchey in general. He didn't even try to rub elbows or press the flesh with anyone. Not a very inspiring guy at all.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:16:42 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 05:03:26 PM »
Hearing Bentley is being booked in teh Hooskows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 05:10:32 PM »
It's for the best to be honestly. He and this whole thing is just a huge distraction right now and is affecting things.

Real story (not nearly as cool as a BIL STORY) - I attended a luncheon last summer with Bentley. He was in my area speaking about economic development and what not. A good friend of mine is the mayor in phenix city and invited me to tag along. Sure. Why not. Long story short - Bentley was a horses ass. Smug, no wit or charm or personality about him. He was just as kaos described. He was very cold. I didn't see him speak to one person. In fact he got up from the event about halfway through and left, and hopped back on his helicopter or jet to head back to Montgomery. I just thought he was extremely douchey in general. He didn't even try to rub elbows or press the flesh with anyone. Not a very inspiring guy at all.
Sounds like Snags at an xgate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 05:18:08 PM »
Sounds like Snags at an xgate.

No way. I'm not that full of shit. Snags adds extra pizzaz to his BIL stories. I don't have his level of talent in that dept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2017, 05:20:02 PM »
http://www.cw.ua.edu/article/2017/04/governor-bentley-impeachment-report-contains-ties-to-the-university?platform=hootsuite
Governor Bentley impeachment report contains ties to the University

The Governor Bentley scandal saga took a dramatic turn last Friday in a report that includes several connections to The University of Alabama.

The submission of the special counsel investigating allegations of improper conduct by Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley contains 131 pages of investigative reports on the actions of Gov. Bentley in relation to his affair with Rebekah Caldwell-Mason. In the report, issued by the House Judiciary Committee of the Alabama House of Representatives, events included detail Gov. Bentley’s use of career law enforcement and state funds to hide his alleged affair.

According to investigators, both Bentley and Caldwell-Mason attempted to obstruct the investigation.

"Governor Bentley directed law enforcement to advance his personal interests and, in a process characterized by increasing obsession and paranoia, subjected career law enforcement officers to tasks intended to protect his reputation," states the report, which was obtained through AL.com.

Cooper Shattuck, former General Counsel for The University of Alabama and former Chief Legal Adviser for Gov. Bentley, was mentioned in the investigation due to his role as a legal adviser; a role which investigators claimed he continued to serve in after going to serve as General Counsel at The University of Alabama.

Shattuck sent emails to the press regarding the Alabama Council for Excellent Government, which was allegedly used to distribute money to Caldwell-Mason’s consulting firm.

In emails obtained by investigators, comments by Shattuck concerning individuals and entities paid by ACEGov to the press were heavily redacted, as were many communications that Bentley’s administration provided for the investigation. Shattuck was involved with Bentley’s office from 2012-2016, while also serving on The University of Alabama Gulf Improvement Project.

Additionally, Bryant-Denny Stadium itself was caught up in the scandal. At the Republican Primary victory party on June 3, 2014, hosted in Bryant-Denny Stadium, Ray Lewis of Gov. Bentley’s staff and Heather Hannah of Mrs. Bentley’s staff discussed the existence of tapes proving the existence of Gov. Bentley’s affair.

Hannah had testified in front of the Ethics Committee stating that she felt Gov. Bentley attempted to intimidate her after discovering the existence of the tapes, which he blamed partially on her.
Their conversation took place in the parking lot of the stadium, where Lewis told Hannah to destroy the tapes.

“I was told that if I had access to [the tapes] to destroy them, get rid of them, make sure they weren’t on my computer, make sure I had no access to them because I could ultimately be in trouble and be punished for having those," Hannah testified. "They felt that I was going to be harmed if I had it. However, as the conversation progressed, I felt that it was more out of protection and loyalty to the governor and less out of protection and concern for me.”

The same day as that conversation, Lewis reportedly told Gov. Bentley that Hannah was “his problem,” a statement which he later told the investigators he made in an attempt to bring the governor out of his obsession with the tapes.

The impeachment report also mentions that Gov. Bentley directed staff at his disposal, including law enforcement, to hide evidence of the affair. The report stated that impeachment served as a check against chief executives whose prior actions had displayed unfit behavior for office.

Gov. Bentley has not yet responded to request for comment on the release of the investigative report.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
 And an auburn gal just took his place no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2017, 05:45:18 PM »
No way. I'm not that full of shit. Snags adds extra pizzaz to his BIL stories. I don't have his level of talent in that dept.
Well, yeah. But that's all he's got. BIL stories galore. Anything more is like the gov acted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »
Way back when my daughter was in elementary school we went to see Bentley. She was allergic to chocolate and he treated her for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 06:05:49 PM »
Way back when my daughter was in elementary school we went to see Bentley. She was allergic to chocolate and he treated her for that.
I didn't know that you could see the governor about that. What about a nut sack rash?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2017, 07:18:22 PM »
Screw that Bammer philandering asshole.

War Eagle, Kay Ivey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 08:21:27 PM »
I saw you, Lyn Stuart!  Just after the swearing in was over, Stuart hugged Governor Ivey and whispered a War Eagle! in her ear!

That.  Was.  AUsome!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »
A picture is worth a thousand words.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »
I saw you, Lyn Stuart!  Just after the swearing in was over, Stuart hugged Governor Ivey and whispered a War Eagle! in her ear!

That.  Was.  AUsome!

http://www.telemundoamarillo.com/clip/13238948/kay-ivey-sworn-in-as-54th-governor-of-alabama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 11:22:55 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »
I didn't know that you could see the governor about that. What about a nut sack rash?

Why do you think he hired Bekah?

FWIW?  I knew her peripherally too.  She used to be a field reporter at the same tv station where Mason was a weekend weatherman.  She was married.  Or maybe he was.  Or maybe both were. Their affair was not discreet and it caused problems at the station. Unless I'm misremembering the "fuck you" openness of it led to them both getting canned. Made them both unhireable. 

Grossly enough she latched on to Bentley at the baptist church they both attended. She is a straight up manipulative gold digger. 

It would not surprise me in the least to find out that all she did was tease old bob and never went farther than showing him the goodies and whispering about what could one day be his. Using their godliness as the sheild of course.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:12:35 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 01:30:29 PM »
Why do you think he hired Bekah?

FWIW?  I knew her peripherally too.  She used to be a field reporter at the same tv station where Mason was a weekend weatherman.  She was married.  Or maybe he was.  Or maybe both were. Their affair was not discreet and it caused problems at the station. Unless I'm misremembering the "fudge you" openness of it led to them both getting canned. Made them both unhireable. 

Grossly enough she latched on to Bentley at the baptist church they both attended. She is a straight up manipulative gold digger. 

It would not surprise me in the least to find out that all she did was tease old bob and never went farther than showing him the goodies and whispering about what could one day be his. Using their godliness as the sheild of course.
I am 99.998% sure that is all that really happened.  Maybe she let him feel her boobies a couple of times...nothing more.  That's going to turn out to be the saddest part of it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »
I am 99.998% sure that is all that really happened.  Maybe she let him feel her boobies a couple of times...nothing more.  That's going to turn out to be the saddest part of it all.

Vicky valencourt showed me her boobies. And I liked them too.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:40:28 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE