Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A real scandal

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
A real scandal
« on: April 07, 2017, 02:42:59 PM »
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/04/gov_robert_bentleys_im_not_res.html#incart_river_home

Am I the only one creeped out by the number of times this guy references God, Christ, love, prayer, Lord, salvation, forgiveness and "hard work" in this press conference? 

I'm no fan of politicians.  I deeply mistrust politicians who believe they have a mandate from God or rule as a matter of His will. Bentley came off as the worst of both in this conference. 

I also dislike those who believe they are doing Allah's bidding, but we can talk about Obama later.

That said, I don't much care where Bentley stuck his dusty, sagging weiner.  If he bagged Mason, good on him.  I only care insofar as it impacts his ability to handle the job.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  There's a huge difference in being a bad governor because you're distracted by a delicious piece of tail and being a governor who acted illegally.  I tend to think his is more of the latter.

The guy has always seemed smug, self-righteous and sanctimonious.  Is that why the knives are out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: A real scandal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »
I thought he had a lot of potential coming in. He was a doctor from the outside world. He said a lot of good things and had good ideas. But however good his intentions were, he has screwed up - a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »
I thought he had a lot of potential coming in. He was a doctor from the outside world. He said a lot of good things and had good ideas. But however good his intentions were, he has screwed up - a lot.
He was better than Byrne.  But Prowler would have been better than Byrne, too.

Bentley's failings?

A) Hard core Bama fan.  He acts like the most arrogant worst of them. Sadly I think that like them, he honestly believes the sanctimonious shit he spews. 

2) Pandering. As soon as things get tough, he starts thumping the Bible. He's very narrow-minded when it comes to religion.  No offense to the Baptists here, but he reminds me of almost every old south Baptist deacon I've ever met.  Full of talk about God, Jesus and salvation but personally deeply flawed. 

X) Sexual frustration.  He came to power as the state's grandfather.  He had his dowdy wife in tow and probably hadn't had sex in a decade or more.  Then all of a sudden there was this:

Enter that power-thirsty thing on the left.  In it's mad quest for power it was willing to wriggle in his lap, blow the wrinkles out or whatever.  Could honestly have been nothing more than a few whispers and a casual touch, just enough to get blood pumping where it hadn't been since Wallace was governor. 

That ugly old fuck was done for.  I can't really fault him for that.  I've seen many men lose their minds in that same pointless pursuit.  Hell, I enrolled in and attended classes at the University of Alabama, turning down scholarships to much better schools because my head, heart and joystick were all full of a girl.  We've all done stupid things for a woman. 

His problem is that he could think of nothing else but her.  He let her control things out of fear of losing her.  If he had any sense at all he would have known he was going to lose her anyway. 

What's amazing to me is the audacity.  He's so smitten he really doesn't care what happens. He plows ahead defiantly.  He honestly thinks that God is guiding him and that the people of this state love, adore and want him to remain as their political and spiritual leader.  Again, no offense, but this is textbook Bama Baptist elder caught at some nefarious activity.  "A'hm SAWWWRY.  I'm a human and I done give in to temptation.  I asked my Lord and Savior to forgive me and I could feel His love radiating.  I am so blessed to be loved by a forgiving God.  I will work hard to repair <insert damage here> and be a better man, walking in the grace and light of our Lord."   And then go right back to whatever it was.  Fucking. Stealing. Lying. Whatever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 09:22:18 AM »
Read through the text messages. 

Sad old man being led around by his crusty dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »
Read through the text messages. 

Sad old man being led around by his crusty dick.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Just because you read through the text messages does not mean that you were being led around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »
Don't be so hard on yourself. Just because you read through the text messages does not mean that you were being led around.

Oh i freely admit that I'm succeotible.  Done it.  Hope to do it again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 04:54:35 PM »
Unfortunately, there is no way Bentley will resign.  He's the Prowler of governors.  We're all going to look dumber just by association. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 11:35:58 PM »
Unfortunately, there is no way Bentley will resign.  He's the Prowler of governors.  We're all going to look dumber just by association.
Wrong. I have morals and I don't go around referencing God or Jesus all the fucking time like that Montgomery Burns looking motherfucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 09:02:40 AM »
Wrong. I have morals and I don't go around referencing God or Jesus all the fucking time like that Montgomery Burns looking motherfucker.

You both say really stupid shit that isn't based in the real world.

So there's that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »
This whole scandal is an embarrassment to the state. Alabama is simply too behind the times in way too many of its regions to elect an admirable governor. An anti-abortion, pro-evangelical, anti-liberal platform wins every time.

It's why I sincerely believe Roy Moore could win the next election.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 03:31:46 PM »
Bentley is a whore plain and simple. He lost his relationship with God when he committed adultery. He will never be able to have a biblical marriage again, thus he remains cursed. This spreads statewide, but especially Tuscaloosa and Montgomery.

My girlfriend is the one who sad he looks like Mr. Burns and watching that shit go viral was priceless. I'd like for him to stay in office because the entertainment value is worth the so-called embarrassment. Then, once he is voted out of office he can be prosecuted accordingly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »
I think the texts would make a great play.  Two people on stage reading to each other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »
I think the texts would make a great play.  Two people on stage reading to each other.
Maybe Chizad and Prowler? I think you're on to something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

chinook

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 10:39:03 PM »

you misspelled morels. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 08:52:09 AM »
This whole scandal is an embarrassment to the state. Alabama is simply too behind the times in way too many of its regions to elect an admirable governor. An anti-abortion, pro-evangelical, anti-liberal platform wins every time.

It's why I sincerely believe Roy Moore could win the next election.

THS, while I agree that this scandal is an embarrassment to the state, I don't think calling people who are "anti-abortion" or "anti-liberal" as being "behind the times" helps.  I'm pro-life, and a conservative, and while I realize you and I don't agree on a good many of issues, I don't think it reflects poorly on the state because more people agree with those stances.

Can we agree that Bentley is just a shitbag?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »
WOTS is that he is "negotiating" his resignation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 10:07:46 AM »
THS, while I agree that this scandal is an embarrassment to the state, I don't think calling people who are "anti-abortion" or "anti-liberal" as being "behind the times" helps. I'm pro-life, and a conservative, and while I realize you and I don't agree on a good many of issues, I don't think it reflects poorly on the state because more people agree with those stances.

Yes, that was very Chizaddy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 11:34:52 AM »
THS, while I agree that this scandal is an embarrassment to the state, I don't think calling people who are "anti-abortion" or "anti-liberal" as being "behind the times" helps.  I'm pro-life, and a conservative, and while I realize you and I don't agree on a good many of issues, I don't think it reflects poorly on the state because more people agree with those stances.

That's not what I meant. The two sentences were more separate than connected. Too many citizens of Alabam don't do their homework when voting. They hit their check marks (abortion for example) and go with that person. Could be obvious that the candidate isn't actually qualified to be governor, but they don't care because they refuse to look past a few issues that aren't really applicable to the state at this time.

For example, I think most of us here would say Roy Moore isn't a good choice for governor but since he carries a few particular social views, many Alabamians will see that as most important and vote for the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
That's not what I meant. The two sentences were more separate than connected. Too many citizens of Alabam don't do their homework when voting. They hit their check marks (abortion for example) and go with that person. Could be obvious that the candidate isn't actually qualified to be governor, but they don't care because they refuse to look past a few issues that aren't really applicable to the state at this time.

For example, I think most of us here would say Roy Moore isn't a good choice for governor but since he carries a few particular social views, many Alabamians will see that as most important and vote for the guy.

Nope.  Moore lost to Bob Riley in 2006, by a 2-to-1 margin. He placed 4th the next time he ran, getting less than 20% of the vote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."