Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trump's Muslim travel ban 2.0

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Trump's Muslim travel ban 2.0
« on: March 15, 2017, 07:07:37 PM »
Has been temporally suspended. U.S. District Court Judge Derrick Watson granted a temporary restraining order against the ban on the basis that it violates the establishment clause of the First Amendment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Trump's Muslim travel ban 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:58:39 AM »
More libtard legislation from the bench from a libtard Hawaii judge. Go figure!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 09:41:34 AM »
What part of judicial activism dont you get?

He's trying to determine intent from past rhetoric. Rhetoric means zero in regards to constitutionality. This judge needs to get the F off the bench. He's a disgrace and an asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 10:44:28 PM »
What part of judicial activism dont you get?

He's trying to determine intent from past rhetoric. Rhetoric means zero in regards to constitutionality. This judge needs to get the F off the bench. He's a disgrace and an asshole.
Intent from past rhetoric?

Like when Stephen Miller, the President’s senior policy adviser, recently said that the new ban would have “mostly minor technical differences” from the previous one, and that Americans would see “the same basic policy outcome for the country.”

Like when the President recently said that he was persuaded to sign a "watered down version" of the first Muslim travel ban, or when he said that, "I think we ought to go back to the first one and go all the way".

The Hawaiian federal judge isn't the only one, there's one in Maryland and Washington.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:49:27 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 10:52:09 PM »
Intent from past rhetoric?

Like when Stephen Miller, the President’s senior policy adviser, recently said that the new ban would have “mostly minor technical differences” from the previous one, and that Americans would see “the same basic policy outcome for the country.”

Like when the President recently said that he was persuaded to sign a "watered down version" of the first Muslim travel ban, or when he said that, "I think we ought to go back to the first one and go all the way".

The Hawaiian federal judge isn't the only one, there's one in Maryland and Washington.

Checking the Fucks Given board:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 06:02:39 AM »
Checking the Fucks Given board:

No one cares if you or anyone else gives a fuck. Trump's Muslim ban is still a no go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 07:45:18 AM »
No one cares if you or anyone else gives a fuck. Trump's Muslim ban is still a no go.

I do. Several on here do.

You on the other hand. The fahks meter is currently at 0.

And no you can't make a judgement on what you think the intent is. Or past rhetoric. You judge on what it IS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 09:38:00 AM »
Another issue I'm of two minds on.

I recognize a need for heavy vetting and a particular focus on radical Islamic terrorism in the current global political environment.

BUT

I think Trump's travel bans and the hysteria he's trying to gin up are counterproductive and silly.

BUT

I think the Hawaii judge's ruling based on "rhetoric", essentially his feelings, and nothing concrete or factual is garbage. Illogical and unconstitutional.

BUT

Trump's actions and statements should and do have consequences.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:39:05 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »

We were okay until this point. 

Judges are supposed to rule on points of law, not their interpretation of contextual rhetoric.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 12:21:43 PM »

I think the Hawaii judge's ruling based on "rhetoric", essentially his feelings, and nothing concrete or factual is garbage. Illogical and unconstitutional.

You know. Prowler does not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 04:52:55 PM »

Trump's actions and statements got him elected.  Is that consequence enough for you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »
Trump's actions and statements (and Russia hacking) got him elected.  Is that consequence enough for you?
Fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 12:01:20 AM »
Good Lord.  Someone please explain how Russia, even if they did hack somebody's emails, Tweeters, Bookfaces, Instafucks or Fuckograms, convinced anybody to vote one way or the other.

What in the holy hell is all this Russian hacking shit all about?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 12:52:42 AM »
Good Lord.  Someone please explain how Russia, even if they did hack somebody's emails, Tweeters, Bookfaces, Instafucks or Fuckograms, convinced anybody to vote one way or the other.

What in the holy hell is all this Russian hacking shit all about?

It's a false narrative by the left to try and explain why their candidate lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 09:15:25 AM »

Very similar to "Got 12?" from years gone by.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 07:52:20 AM »
Fixed
This still kills me.  It was OK that the DNC rigged the primaries to make sure Clinton was their candidate.  It was OK that Clinton colluded with the media and they were basically an extension of her campaign.  It was OK that Clinton was fed questions to be asked at debates and town hall events before they took place.  It was OK that Clinton had every conceivable advantage a candidate could possibly have.  But, it's totally NOT OK for anyone to expose what they did.  What's even more amusing is that if the shoe were on the other foot, and someone released emails about things that Trump did, it would be totally OK.  There is a clear double standard, and all the anger simply boils down to your person didn't win. 

Bottom line, if there was a smoking gun or any other proof that Trump colluded with the Russians to give him an advantage in the election, we would know.  It's not like the left has some sort of information they are holding back at this point.  For that matter, the majority of mainstream media is trying as hard as they can to dig something up, and they can't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:44 AM »
There is a clear double standard, and all the anger simply boils down to your person didn't win. 

This right here, is what upsets me.  And we both know that if the Ds and Rs were reversed, the Rs would be doing the same exact thing.  We've turned politics into a sporting event, and what we, collectively, have lost site of, is that when our leaders "lose," we all lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 09:10:37 AM »

And if they keep on with the false narratives they are going to get 8 years of Trump. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 09:19:07 AM »
This still kills me.  It was OK that the DNC rigged the primaries to make sure Clinton was their candidate.  It was OK that Clinton colluded with the media and they were basically an extension of her campaign.  It was OK that Clinton was fed questions to be asked at debates and town hall events before they took place.  It was OK that Clinton had every conceivable advantage a candidate could possibly have.  But, it's totally NOT OK for anyone to expose what they did.  What's even more amusing is that if the shoe were on the other foot, and someone released emails about things that Trump did, it would be totally OK.  There is a clear double standard, and all the anger simply boils down to your person didn't win. 

Bottom line, if there was a smoking gun or any other proof that Trump colluded with the Russians to give him an advantage in the election, we would know.  It's not like the left has some sort of information they are holding back at this point.  For that matter, the majority of mainstream media is trying as hard as they can to dig something up, and they can't.

That's just it.  His guy actually DID get screwed by the "rigged" election.  In the primaries.  His guy had ZERO chance because the left, not the extreme left that wants everything for free, the actual normal left cheated like Memphis Alabama boosters to ensure that Hillary won the primary.  They tried to do the exact same thing in the general and got their asses exposed. 

Some of the old guard unionized democrats in and around my area are the most racist people I know.  True actual hatred of other people based on nothing than the color of their skin and because they actually believe whites are superior to other races.  But they'll shout down Trump as a racist all day long because they are smart enough to know what it takes to control dumb people.  It's sad that some people's ideas and thoughts can so easily be controlled by media.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:21:04 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 09:20:05 AM »
This right here, is what upsets me.  And we both know that if the Ds and Rs were reversed, the Rs would be doing the same exact thing.  We've turned politics into a sporting event, and what we, collectively, have lost site of, is that when our leaders "lose," we all lose.

I disagree.

There were literally hundreds of legitimate reasons to go after Obama personally and politically.  Only a few did, and nothing to the level that we're seeing now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions