Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's overt and subtle

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: It's overt and subtle
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
Overt and subtle.  As has been talked about, Pres. Trump referenced what's happening in Sweden, which gave the media more opportunity to twist, spin and essentially put words in the man's mouth, assigning their own meaning to his comments.  Trump clarified that his remarks were in reference to a Fox News report, which gives me great pause for  :facepalm:  Not so much for Fox News but more for our President making public comments based on any media outlet stories. The man has to learn.  But I read the reports from Fox and other sources just to get an idea of what the fuss seemed to be about.  So today, I see where there are reports of riots breaking out in a heavily immigrant populated area of Sweden.  Again, I decided to venture to several news "sources" to get the story.  And here we have the headline and first paragraph of the story as presented by the Washington Post..

Riots erupt in Sweden’s capital just days after Trump comments

Just two days after President Trump provoked widespread consternation by seeming to imply, incorrectly, that immigrants had perpetrated a recent spate of violence in Sweden, riots broke out in a predominantly immigrant neighborhood in the northern suburbs of Sweden's capital, Stockholm.

Notice anything overt and/or subtle about this?  To the lay person, first glance tells you President Donald Trump caused the riots with his comments.  But no media bias here.  Move along, nothing to see. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 01:01:53 PM »
Overt and subtle.  As has been talked about, Pres. Trump referenced what's happening in Sweden, which gave the media more opportunity to twist, spin and essentially put words in the man's mouth, assigning their own meaning to his comments.  Trump clarified that his remarks were in reference to a Fox News report, which gives me great pause for  :facepalm:  Not so much for Fox News but more for our President making public comments based on any media outlet stories. The man has to learn.  But I read the reports from Fox and other sources just to get an idea of what the fuss seemed to be about.  So today, I see where there are reports of riots breaking out in a heavily immigrant populated area of Sweden.  Again, I decided to venture to several news "sources" to get the story.  And here we have the headline and first paragraph of the story as presented by the Washington Post..

Riots erupt in Sweden’s capital just days after Trump comments

Just two days after President Trump provoked widespread consternation by seeming to imply, incorrectly, that immigrants had perpetrated a recent spate of violence in Sweden, riots broke out in a predominantly immigrant neighborhood in the northern suburbs of Sweden's capital, Stockholm.

Notice anything overt and/or subtle about this?  To the lay person, first glance tells you President Donald Trump caused the riots with his comments.  But no media bias here.  Move along, nothing to see. 

This is craziness
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 06:55:59 PM »
Here's another example:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/21/trumps-long-tangled-history-anti-semitism-and-angry-rhetoric/98201196/

Trump's long and tangled history with anti-Semitism

This hit piece trots out half of Prowler's memes.

America First is a Nazi slogan!1!!

Steve Bannon supports white nationalists!!213!

Trump didn't disavow David Duke!!!1!1!

Hate groups rose because of Trump!1!!1

Trump insulted Jews saying he doesnt' want their money because we all know Jews are money!!!2!!

Trump put a Star of David on money!!1!!!1!! He hates Jeews!

Trump criticized the global financial power structure using a picture that had JEEEWWWS in it!!!!1!!

This is the kind of pathetic garbage that's being flung. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 08:01:13 PM »
Here's one more. 

In case you haven't noticed the economy is exploding as businesses anticipate growth under this great new president.  The stock market has enjoyed stronger growth in President Trump's first month than under any other president in nearly 100 years.

Maybe you recall the media's dire predictions that a Trump presidency would tank the market. In October, CNN issued this dire warning:  If Donald Trump wins the election, U.S. stocks (and likely many other markets overseas) will almost certainly tank. How big of a drop? Forecasting firm Macroeconomic Advisors predicts an 8% fall in the U.S. A new paper out Friday from the Brookings Institute projects a 10% to 15% nosedive. You get the idea.

Nope.  Instead the market has exploded. 

So how does USAToday portray it today? 

Wall Street ignores Trump missteps - for now
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2017/02/21/stocks-trump-no-freakout/98161510/

It rehashes all the ProwlerMeme talking points, and issues more dire warnings in a series of "if this happens.." scenarios. 

Can you imagine the knob slobbing that would have taken place had the stock market performed as it has while Obama was in office? 

The disparity in treatment is egregious.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 08:27:43 PM »
Here's one more. 

In case you haven't noticed the economy is exploding as businesses anticipate growth under this great new president.  The stock market has enjoyed stronger growth in President Trump's first month than under any other president in nearly 100 years.

Maybe you recall the media's dire predictions that a Trump presidency would tank the market. In October, CNN issued this dire warning:  If Donald Trump wins the election, U.S. stocks (and likely many other markets overseas) will almost certainly tank. How big of a drop? Forecasting firm Macroeconomic Advisors predicts an 8% fall in the U.S. A new paper out Friday from the Brookings Institute projects a 10% to 15% nosedive. You get the idea.

Nope.  Instead the market has exploded. 

So how does USAToday portray it today? 

Wall Street ignores Trump missteps - for now
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2017/02/21/stocks-trump-no-freakout/98161510/

It rehashes all the ProwlerMeme talking points, and issues more dire warnings in a series of "if this happens.." scenarios. 

Can you imagine the knob slobbing that would have taken place had the stock market performed as it has while Obama was in office? 

The disparity in treatment is egregious.

When they can't sabotage him after 100 days AND the economy is booming AND we aren't in our 7th war they'll eventually grow tired of being wrong and STFU. Hopefully.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 09:32:15 PM »
And then there's THIS shit. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2017/02/22/donald-trump-golf-rory-mcilroy/98272764/

Rory takes penalty strokes for golfing with Trump
But because you spend a lot of time in the United States, Rory, and had a pulse throughout all of last year, you probably remember that Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women, mocked a disabled reporter and went after Gold Star parents Khizr and Ghazala Khan for days, among many other disgusting and distasteful antics.

Then again, that’s not your problem, right? It’s not like he has done anything really horrible, like cheating at golf.

This a day after a glowingly wonderful piece on Obama clowning around and windsurfing with the CEO of Virgin Airlines.

They're going to push us over the limit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:53 PM »
At least they are backing off of prowlers cocaine and underage girls accusations!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 01:47:31 AM »
And then there's THIS shit. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2017/02/22/donald-trump-golf-rory-mcilroy/98272764/

Rory takes penalty strokes for golfing with Trump
But because you spend a lot of time in the United States, Rory, and had a pulse throughout all of last year, you probably remember that Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women, mocked a disabled reporter and went after Gold Star parents Khizr and Ghazala Khan for days, among many other disgusting and distasteful antics.

Then again, that’s not your problem, right? It’s not like he has done anything really horrible, like cheating at golf.

This a day after a glowingly wonderful piece on Obama clowning around and windsurfing with the CEO of Virgin Airlines.

They're going to push us over the limit.
Hey look Kaos...Trump is golfing like he has done the past three weekends. Weren't you bitching about Obama golfing, basically in lock step with Trump? Btw, that was a rhetorical question. #MicDrop
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs