Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If I Was Trump

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
If I Was Trump
« on: February 27, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
I would have ICE agents arrest any illegal that shows up at the "State of the Union" address

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-congress-address-democrats-235363
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: If I Was Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »
I would have ICE agents arrest any illegal that shows up at the "State of the Union" address

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-congress-address-democrats-235363

There's a lot I would do.  Let me give you the Top Ten.

1) In the State of the Union tomorrow lay out my plan and tell Congress and anybody who's listening that we tried things their way for eight years and it wasn't working.  Time to do it this way for a while.  Get on board or get out of the way. 

2) Tweet less about things that don't matter.  Don't engage with idiots.  Worthless Meryl Streep, for instance. Step back and let us do it for him.

3) Express support for free speech and a free media, but remind the country that the "words have repercussions" argument works both ways. You can't scream about hateful words and then expect to be taken seriously when you shout down and denigrate people who hold opposing views. You can't run for a safe space if someone says the word "homo" and then turn around and call people xenobites, fasciaphobes, etc.  Charges should be brought against people (media/Hollywood) who have called for armed insurrection, government coups or assassinations.  There are lots of them. 

4) Remind the audience at the State of the Union that he was elected on a platform that included doing everything he's doing.  Remind them, too, that unlike any president in memory, he didn't just talk.  He's actually doing everything he said. 

5) Don't engage with any member of the liberal media.  When they ask their loaded, garbage questions just smile like Cam and go "that's ridiculous, next...."   He's not good at hiding emotions, the frustration/disgust shows on his face.  I'd work on that.

6) Control the message.  At one point there were too many people purporting to speak for the office.  Too many people giddy over the slam dunk win and drunk on the excesses of successes.  But it's only been a month, it will take a little time for somebody who's never "governed" to figure out some of that.  As part of controlling the message, root out and fire anybody who's leaking information. 

8) Get the party in line.  You want to ban travel?  Ban John McCain from flying. And from talking.  People like McCain are the reason the Republican Party nearly died.  Make sure he understands when he's allowed to speak. 

9) Dial back the hubris just a little.  It's enough that I won.  Does the vote total matter? Crowd size? Who cares.  It's my job now. 

10) Keep telling the truth.  Keep doing what I'm doing.  When the economy grows, and it will;  When jobs come back, and they will;  when wages go up, and they will; when our national security is strong, and it will be; when our borders are secure and we effectively manage immigration, and we will; when taxes are down, and they will be for the vast majority of us; when healthcare is effective AND affordable, and it will be; when the nation's military is properly cared for, and it will be.... when all that is done?  It won't matter what the crying left does.  A new generation of conservative values will be born and that'll keep us going for a while longer. 

I'm honestly and legitimately amazed that he's managed to do as much as he has in just over a month -- more good than Obama in his entire eight years.  Amazed, particularly when you consider how much he's had to overcome from the howling press and the shrieking snowflake minority. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 04:50:30 PM »
I'll be very surprised if the Dem's aren't planning something along the lines of getting up and walking out right in the middle of the speech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 08:17:45 AM »
There's a lot I would do.  Let me give you the Top Ten.

1) In the State of the Union tomorrow lay out my plan and tell Congress and anybody who's listening that we tried things their way for eight years and it wasn't working.  Time to do it this way for a while.  Get on board or get out of the way. 

2) Tweet less about things that don't matter.  Don't engage with idiots.  Worthless Meryl Streep, for instance. Step back and let us do it for him.

3) Express support for free speech and a free media, but remind the country that the "words have repercussions" argument works both ways. You can't scream about hateful words and then expect to be taken seriously when you shout down and denigrate people who hold opposing views. You can't run for a safe space if someone says the word "homo" and then turn around and call people xenobites, fasciaphobes, etc.  Charges should be brought against people (media/Hollywood) who have called for armed insurrection, government coups or assassinations.  There are lots of them. 

4) Remind the audience at the State of the Union that he was elected on a platform that included doing everything he's doing.  Remind them, too, that unlike any president in memory, he didn't just talk.  He's actually doing everything he said. 

5) Don't engage with any member of the liberal media.  When they ask their loaded, garbage questions just smile like Cam and go "that's ridiculous, next...."   He's not good at hiding emotions, the frustration/disgust shows on his face.  I'd work on that.

6) Control the message.  At one point there were too many people purporting to speak for the office.  Too many people giddy over the slam dunk win and drunk on the excesses of successes.  But it's only been a month, it will take a little time for somebody who's never "governed" to figure out some of that.  As part of controlling the message, root out and fire anybody who's leaking information. 

8) Get the party in line.  You want to ban travel?  Ban John McCain from flying. And from talking.  People like McCain are the reason the Republican Party nearly died.  Make sure he understands when he's allowed to speak. 

9) Dial back the hubris just a little.  It's enough that I won.  Does the vote total matter? Crowd size? Who cares.  It's my job now. 

10) Keep telling the truth.  Keep doing what I'm doing.  When the economy grows, and it will;  When jobs come back, and they will;  when wages go up, and they will; when our national security is strong, and it will be; when our borders are secure and we effectively manage immigration, and we will; when taxes are down, and they will be for the vast majority of us; when healthcare is effective AND affordable, and it will be; when the nation's military is properly cared for, and it will be.... when all that is done?  It won't matter what the crying left does.  A new generation of conservative values will be born and that'll keep us going for a while longer. 

I'm honestly and legitimately amazed that he's managed to do as much as he has in just over a month -- more good than Obama in his entire eight years.  Amazed, particularly when you consider how much he's had to overcome from the howling press and the shrieking snowflake minority.

This is the "more presidential" Trump that we were promised. I don't think he is capable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »
This is the "more presidential" Trump that we were promised. I don't think he is capable.

I don't think I want it.   By "more presidential" the left means doing what they want, pandering, sitting around and talking rather than really doing anything, etc. 

What do you think "more presidential" means?  He was never going to be a great speech maker, never going to be a glib teleprompter reader, never going to be in Tony Soprano's words... the strong, silent type. 

If he'd tweet a little less and not exacerbate certain situations by just saying whatever comes to mind that would be way more than enough to temper his presentation.  But if him blowing off steam against idiots like Meryl Streep, John Stewart, Seth Meyer, Rosie or whoever, helps him stay focused then... I can live with it. He's getting shit done against a tide of sour grapes bitching and foot stomping.  I tend to roll my eyes when he bashes Saturday Night Live or calls out CNN -- although both are warranted.

Let him be what he is.  Obama was a sleight of hand artist, bloviating and filling the room with hot air while his slimy operatives worked behind the scenes to undermine America.  I'd rather have this guy doing what he promised.  The obstructionism from the left and the democratic party is disgraceful. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 08:57:32 AM »
I don't think I want it.   By "more presidential" the left means doing what they want, pandering, sitting around and talking rather than really doing anything, etc. 

What do you think "more presidential" means?  He was never going to be a great speech maker, never going to be a glib teleprompter reader, never going to be in Tony Soprano's words... the strong, silent type. 

If he'd tweet a little less and not exacerbate certain situations by just saying whatever comes to mind that would be way more than enough to temper his presentation.  But if him blowing off steam against idiots like Meryl Streep, John Stewart, Seth Meyer, Rosie or whoever, helps him stay focused then... I can live with it. He's getting shit done against a tide of sour grapes bitching and foot stomping.  I tend to roll my eyes when he bashes Saturday Night Live or calls out CNN -- although both are warranted.

Let him be what he is.  Obama was a sleight of hand artist, bloviating and filling the room with hot air while his slimy operatives worked behind the scenes to undermine America.  I'd rather have this guy doing what he promised.  The obstructionism from the left and the democratic party is disgraceful.

So do you want him to do the things you listed or not? I agree with you on the ten things you said earlier. I just don't think Trump is capable of that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 09:31:02 AM »
So do you want him to do the things you listed or not? I agree with you on the ten things you said earlier. I just don't think Trump is capable of that.

Yeah, I want him to do those things.  Some of them require him to continue doing what he's doing though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 10:17:21 AM »
Yeah, I want him to do those things.  Some of them require him to continue doing what he's doing though.

I think we are going to get a mix. Sure we would all like to see some of the petty stuff slack off.
But the guy has put together a lifelong plan for success. It seems to be working. And its pretty ingenious. He gets what he wants out of the media and he keeps the left all stirred up about nothing. All the while, he is keeping his promises. I think it will take some time. He's only been there a short while and those who didn't like his rhetoric before, still don't. So what! His job isn't to woo them. His job is to get stuff done. He's doing pretty good at that so far. It's a new world. So far the only thing we've seen form a president in this new world has been celebrity appeasement. Big smile, shitty breath!
Trump may get old, but for now he's an unapologetic American breath of fresh air!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »
The little snowflakes on the left do not get this:

"My job is not to represent the world. My job is to represent the United States of America." – President Donald J. Trump http://fxn.ws/2mCzkWM
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »
The little snowflakes on the left do not get this:

"My job is not to represent the world. My job is to represent the United States of America." – President Donald J. Trump http://fxn.ws/2mCzkWM

The Democratic Party is in shambles.  The ghoul who delivered the rebuttal last night was horrendous.

Trump is laying waste to their entire movement mere months after they basked in what they thought was going to be their ascent to perpetual power.  People like Rachel Madcow were sniffing their fingers and imagining a new world regime manned by freaks and sickos.  They expected to reshape the Supreme Court and pack it with weirdos.  They expected to eliminate the last vestiges of basic morality and replace it with a euro trash "anything's okay" mindset.

When that rug was pulled they have no idea what to do. 

In that alone? Trump is the second best president in history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions