Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Baseball 2017

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Auburn Baseball 2017
« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »
Haven't kept up with baseball much lately but glad to see that Baird finally has them turned around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2017, 09:46:45 AM »
Not too shabby for a team picked to finish dead last in the conference.

We've lost 1 series all season - to the Aggies in College Station - and have 4 series left. If we win 3 of these 4 series, we should be in great shape to host a Super regional.

War Damn Baseball!

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »
Auburn jumps 4 spots in the D1 Baseball poll to #7.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »
Auburn jumps 4 spots in the D1 Baseball poll to #7.

Oh, you want us to just take your word for it?  You either copy-n-pasta from a semi-credible source (Or one completely fabricated) or it didn't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »
Oh, you want us to just take your word for it?  You either copy-n-pasta from a semi-credible source (Or one completely fabricated) or it didn't happen.

He's lying!  They check in at #5...
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-baseball-rankings-top-25-april-24/#MyD6StmxcosDtof1.97

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »
We won 11-6! We take the series and pickup win #30 on the season!

Troy comes to town for a Tuesday night matchup, and then we hit the road to Starkville for the weekend conference series against the conference leader, Mississippi State.

30-12 (12-6)

I actually watched Sunday's game (which, for me, is a feat) and caught this stat:

Josh Anthony entered the Arkansas series hitting .258 on the season.  By Sunday evening his average was up to .298.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

chinook

« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2017, 10:20:42 AM »
I actually watched Sunday's game (which, for me, is a feat) and caught this stat:

Josh Anthony entered the Arkansas series hitting .258 on the season.  By Sunday evening his average was up to .298.

i would be shocked if he wasn't SEC player of the week or whatever they do for college baseball.

Co-Player of the Week
Josh Anthony, Auburn

Auburn's Josh Anthony batted a robust .688 (11-for-16) with three doubles, one homer and nine RBI on the week, also scored six runs and was a perfect 2-for-2 in stolen bases as Auburn posted a 3-1 record.

Anthony had multiple hits in all four games including three Friday and a career-best four Sunday in the series clinching victory over No. 16 Arkansas.

He batted .750 (9-for-12) in the series win over No. 16 Arkansas with three doubles, one homer and seven RBI while raising his batting average nearly 40 points from .259 to .298.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:23:38 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »
It's about time his bat got hot. He came to AU with the reputation of a talented bat, and it has been quiet til now.
Maybe he just needed that first homer to get him started.
Sunday he was seeing the ball like it was a beach ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2017, 09:39:30 PM »
Auburn loses to Troy tonight, 5-2. In the grand scheme of things, it's a meaningless loss. On the other hand, FUCK TROY!

We get back to the conference grinder Friday night in Starkghanistan against the bell clanging waterheads.

30-13 (12-6)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2017, 09:35:06 AM »
Auburn loses to Troy tonight, 5-2. In the grand scheme of things, it's a meaningless loss. On the other hand, FUCK TROY!

We get back to the conference grinder Friday night in Starkghanistan against the bell clanging waterheads.

30-13 (12-6)
Their middle reliever tore us up. Slider was devastating.

As a Troy Alumnus told me, they break out their big guns against Auburn, where we keep ours for the weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
Their middle reliever tore us up. Slider was devastating.

As a Troy Alumnus told me, they break out their big guns against Auburn, where we keep ours for the weekend.

We got a lot of our 9th Graders some valuable playing time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2017, 10:24:09 PM »
Auburn falls 5-2 in game 1 against MSU. We play a doubleheader tomorrow.

30-14 (12-7)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2017, 09:48:57 PM »
Auburn bounces back in a big way in game 2, winning 17-8.

Game 3 is just underway.

31-14 (13-7)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2017, 11:18:54 PM »
BOOM! Auburn takes the series with a 5-3 win in game 3! It was a huge series win against the SEC leading Bulldogs on their home field.

The gumps come to town next Friday for the weekend conference series.

32-14 (14-7)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:23:25 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2017, 11:42:02 PM »
BOOM! Auburn takes the series with a 5-3 win in game 3! It was a huge series win against the SEC leading Bulldogs on their home field.

32-14 (14-7)

I have 3 words.  Fuck Ing A.  Road series win against the SEC West leaders?  Impressive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2017, 12:10:51 AM »
I have 3 words.  Fuck Ing A.  Road series win against the SEC West leaders?  Impressive.

It is impressive. But I have to say, we are a most unassuming team to be this good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2017, 12:14:09 AM »
...Road series win against the SEC West leaders?  Impressive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2017, 12:15:22 AM »

32-14 (14-7)

First series MSU lost since the opening week of SEC play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2017, 02:32:23 PM »
Auburn junior outfielder Jonah Todd has been named SEC Player of the Week, the league office announced Monday.

Todd batted .571 (8-for-14) last week and helped lead the Tigers to a series win at top-10 Mississippi State. He had a career-high four RBI in the doubleheader lid lifter with the Bulldogs on Saturday and recorded four hits in seven at-bats and reached base eight times in the doubleheader sweep.

The Birmingport, Ala. native finished the week with five runs scored, four RBI and one stolen base.

Todd ranks second in the SEC with a .396 batting average on the season. He’s driven in 29 with 13 doubles and seven stolen bases.

He is the fifth Auburn player recognized by the SEC in 2017 joining Keegan Thompson, Will Holland, Davis Daniel and Josh Anthony.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2017, 02:36:07 PM »
Birmingport?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions