Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tomi, at 24, is smarter than most of Washington

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Tomi, at 24, is smarter than most of Washington
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »
What is your stance on the issue of abortion?

Basically this.

Listen, I am not glorifying abortion. I don't personally advocate for it. I just don't think it's the government's place to dictate.

Like most things, I completely understand both arguments and don't take a hard stance on it because of this.

I think we've gotten a little too "loosey goosey" with celebrating it in the name of feminism and people conflating it with "women's health" are intentionally deceptive.

BUT

I don't like the government getting involved with people's personal decisions, and it is (or should at least be) a difficult one that people have to make on their own as (hopefully) a last reasort.

BUT

Individual liberties end when they impede someone else and that includes the child-to-be.

BUT

The crux of the argument has really been from the beginning "where does life begin?" You all know I'm not a religious person, but I don't think you have to be to see a fetus in the womb and understand that that thing is on its way to personhood.

BUT

Technically so is a zygote that I'm perfectly ok with wiping out with a morning after pill. So again, it all centers around the idea of "where does life begin"? I think people pushing for later and later termed abortions being legal is abhorrent. I think by the third-trimester the thing is just about autonomous.

After all of that I land on the law as it currently exists in most states is about right and I'd like it to stay the status quo. Push any further to extend beyond the second trimester (outside of legitimate health concerns of the mother) and I think there's a huge ethical concern. Outlaw it entirely and you have another set of ethical concerns about government intrusion as well as the "black market" effect that most government overreach leads to, which in this case involves coat hangers and back alleys.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:23:41 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2017, 01:14:13 PM »
For me the "right to decide what to do with my body" ends the second it's not JUST your body.

Problem is there's no consensus on when that occurs. It's a good discussion to have when you recognize historical context.  We aren't that far removed from not bothering to name children for a couple of years because the survival rate was that low.  We aren't far from societies that discard first born girls, that smother handicapped babies and so forth. Even Old Testament God wasn't hesitant about coming after children. 

As a general rule and if you ask me I'm opposed.  I reject the "my body" feminazi stance.  I think Roe v Wade is a bad interpretation and an overreach by the SC.  Abortion is murder.  But at the same time I see the other side of it.  Still -- as get off my porch as this sounds -- I'm not really willing to support anything that makes promiscuity a simpler proposition. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2017, 01:20:13 PM »
Basically this.

Like most things, I completely understand both arguments and don't take a hard stance on it because of this.

I think we've gotten a little too "loosey goosey" with celebrating it in the name of feminism and people conflating it with "women's health" are intentionally deceptive.

BUT

I don't like the government getting involved with people's personal decisions, and it is (or should at least be) a difficult one that people have to make on their own as (hopefully) a last reasort.

BUT

Individual liberties end when they impede someone else and that includes the child-to-be.

BUT

The crux of the argument has really been from the beginning "where does life begin?" You all know I'm not a religious person, but I don't think you have to be to see a fetus in the womb and understand that that thing is on its way to personhood.

BUT

Technically so is a zygote that I'm perfectly ok with wiping out with a morning after pill. So again, it all centers around the idea of "where does life begin"? I think people pushing for later and later termed abortions being legal is abhorrent. I think by the third-trimester the thing is just about autonomous.

After all of that I land on the law as it currently exists in most states is about right and I'd like it to stay the status quo. Push any further to extend beyond the second trimester (outside of legitimate health concerns of the mother) and I think there's a huge ethical concern. Outlaw it entirely and you have another set of ethical concerns about government intrusion as well as the "black market" effect that most government overreach leads to, which in this case involves coat hangers and back alleys.

Pretty much where I stand.

I was just curious as I thought you would agree with her on this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »
As a general rule and if you ask me I'm opposed.  I reject the "my body" feminazi stance.  I think Roe v Wade is a bad interpretation and an overreach by the SC.  Abortion is murder.  But at the same time I see the other side of it.  Still -- as get off my porch as this sounds -- I'm not really willing to support anything that makes promiscuity a simpler proposition.

Agreed on principal. But the promiscuity isn't going to stop. And there would be so many babies if there were not something there. Is it worse to not have the baby aborted and to let the baby grow up in a world where the mother doesn't want him or her?

I am with Chad on this...which means...I don't really know a solution...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
Agreed on principal. But the promiscuity isn't going to stop. And there would be so many babies if there were not something there. Is it worse to not have the baby aborted and to let the baby grow up in a world where the mother doesn't want him or her?

I am with Chad on this...which means...I don't really know a solution...

Then we should change the laws to make it easier to adopt.  One of my good friends from college went to Columbia to adopt his two children, because it was cheaper than adopting an American born child.  And it cost him about 30k for each child.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »
Then we should change the laws to make it easier to adopt.  One of my good friends from college went to Columbia to adopt his two children, because it was cheaper than adopting an American born child.  And it cost him about 30k for each child.

Would love to see this too. And would also love to see some sort of hysterectomy if you have multiple children up for adoption or multiple abortions. Using abortions for birth control needs to stop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
Would love to see this too. And would also love to see some sort of hysterectomy if you have multiple children up for adoption or multiple abortions. Using abortions for birth control needs to stop.

Couldn't have said it better, myself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »

That gets into my whole final solution scenario. 

Ethel Lee had seven children, never held a job, never earned a dime of her own money to feed, house, clothe or educate any of them.  That should have been stopped at two, max. Her children have no chance. And there's nothing more assistance programs could improve. She needs hard consequences.

By the same token I knew a black kid who had 14 children by nine different mothers before he was 21. He also never worked a day.  That should have been stopped also.

We have the technology to use implants to prevent pregnancy. Those can be reversed.  They should be used.

You have to pass a test and prove you have insurance (not government provided or managed insurance, mind you) before you can get a driver's license.  Im of the opinion you should be subjected to at least that minimum scrutiny before you are allowed to bring children into this world.  Prove you have sufficient intellect and the financial/emotional capacity to care for a child. 

Yes. I know how that sounds.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:40:21 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2017, 03:15:16 PM »

I'll take where to hide a brick of cocaine for $500
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2017, 05:31:16 PM »
I'll take where to hide a brick of cocaine for $500

This guy knows.

I'm basically aligned with Chad on this point.

I would LOVE to see free contraception available to everyone...and disincentivized child birth via welfare.

Complicated issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.