Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sorry if already discussed, Trump's visit to MacDill AFB...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Sorry if already discussed, Trump's visit to MacDill AFB...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 09:57:09 PM »
Gen. Goldfein said exactly what he was supposed to say.  Let's look at this quote.

Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash., the ranking Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee, issued a statement objecting to Trump's comments.

"Once again, Donald Trump has made political comments in an address to a military audience that is duty-bound to be apolitical," Smith said. "The president's efforts to politicize the military, starting with his remarks at the CIA memorial, are becoming a troubling pattern. Attempts to politicize the military like this are never appropriate, and they put our men and women in uniform in an untenable position. This cannot continue."

A troubling pattern?  Really?  How exactly is what he said part of a troubling pattern?  Politicizing the military?  What the hell does that even mean?  He openly campaigned on strengthening our military.  How did Trump's comments, "I like you and you like me", which by the way sound like Barney the Dinosaur, affect anybody in the military in any way, shape or form?

Kryst on a cracker.  Could people try any harder to stir up shit when absolutely zero fucks should or could be given? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 10:50:04 PM »
Gen. Goldfein said exactly what he was supposed to say.  Let's look at this quote.

Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash., the ranking Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee, issued a statement objecting to Trump's comments.

"Once again, Donald Trump has made political comments in an address to a military audience that is duty-bound to be apolitical," Smith said. "The president's efforts to politicize the military, starting with his remarks at the CIA memorial, are becoming a troubling pattern. Attempts to politicize the military like this are never appropriate, and they put our men and women in uniform in an untenable position. This cannot continue."

A troubling pattern?  Really?  How exactly is what he said part of a troubling pattern?  Politicizing the military?  What the hell does that even mean?  He openly campaigned on strengthening our military.  How did Trump's comments, "I like you and you like me", which by the way sound like Barney the Dinosaur, affect anybody in the military in any way, shape or form?

Kryst on a cracker.  Could people try any harder to stir up shit when absolutely zero fucks should or could be given?

The troubling pattern is that of these ass flaps whining about everything our president says and does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 12:38:45 AM »
Look
At who
Posted
This!
Regular poster boy for t[size=78%]he cause![/size]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 03:43:07 AM »

I didn't really notice the horrible, terrible, troubling thing he said. There is a investigation in the Navy about a convoy vehicle displaying a Trump flag. https://www.navytimes.com/articles/former-navy-seal-inappropriate-for-sailors-to-display-trump-flag

Here's the MacDill AFB speech...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 07:52:24 AM »
According to Democratic Representative, Adam Smith, President Trump saying, "I like you and you like me" put our entire military in what?  An "untenable position"? 

That sounds pretty bad.  Let's take a look at the position the people defending our country are in right now after Trump uttered those game changing words.

un·ten·a·ble

adjective: untenable
(especially of a position or view) not able to be maintained or defended against attack or objection.
"this argument is clearly untenable"

synonyms: indefensible, insupportable, unsustainable, unjustified, unjustifiable, flimsy, weak, shaky. 

Yeah, I have no idea how that even applies.  Sounds like Mike Tyson trying sound intelligent.  "My punches are forecibaful.  My defense is untenably indefensaful.  Trump isth the devil. I'll rip your lungs out".
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:58:11 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
I'll rip your lungs out

You talking to Jim? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »
You talking to Jim?

His hair was perfect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."