Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bye Fespnia!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Bye Fespnia!
« on: February 09, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-profit-plummets-as-network-turns-left-020817

Clay Travis absolutely nails the death spiral of the liberal agenda and one of its shills, the sports network formerly known as ESPN. 

The parallels are striking.  Hillary and the Dumbocrats bet the farm on this mythical coalition of blacks, latinos and women.  They still believe in this silly shit and are doubling down on the failed strategy.  #electionlosers

Likewise ESPN has aligned its moral compass with the average NBA viewer as it alienates its core audience with its politicized agenda. #noviewers

Clay dropkicked the mic into your Bernie loving, cheese eating face Prowler. #assonaplatter. #handfarter
N
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Bye Fespnia!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 04:15:49 PM »
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-profit-plummets-as-network-turns-left-020817

Clay Travis absolutely nails the death spiral of the liberal agenda and one of its shills, the sports network formerly known as ESPN. 

The parallels are striking.  Hillary and the Dumbocrats bet the farm on this mythical coalition of blacks, latinos and women.  They still believe in this silly shit and are doubling down on the failed strategy.  #electionlosers

Likewise ESPN has aligned its moral compass with the average NBA viewer as it alienates its core audience with its politicized agenda. #noviewers

Clay dropkicked the mic into your Bernie loving, cheese eating face Prowler. #assonaplatter. #handfarter
N

If Auburn ain't on it, I don't watch it. Can't remember the last time I watched Monday night football since it moved over there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 05:04:11 PM »

N
Yeah, it probably has nothing to do with this...

"Presently ESPN has the following yearly sports rights payments:
$1.9 billion a year to the NFL for Monday Night Football plus an additional playoff game which costs the network an additional $100 million
$1.47 billion to the NBA, a deal I told you flat out wasn't sustainable back in July because it meant every single cable and satellite subscriber in the country was paying an average of $30 a year for the NBA whether they watched or not
$700 million to Major League Baseball
$608 million for the College Football Playoff
$225 million to the ACC
$190 million to the Big Ten
$120 million to the Big 12
$125 million a year to the PAC 12
and hundreds of millions more to the SEC."

Or the fact that not many people like to listen to most of their analysts...and there are other sports networks out there with sometimes better coverage...plus they run with stories from the likes of Pete Thamel, without doing any fact checking (I haven't watched much of ESPN since 2010).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:18:12 PM »
Yeah, it probably has nothing to do with this...

"Presently ESPN has the following yearly sports rights payments:
$1.9 billion a year to the NFL for Monday Night Football plus an additional playoff game which costs the network an additional $100 million
$1.47 billion to the NBA, a deal I told you flat out wasn't sustainable back in July because it meant every single cable and satellite subscriber in the country was paying an average of $30 a year for the NBA whether they watched or not
$700 million to Major League Baseball
$608 million for the College Football Playoff
$225 million to the ACC
$190 million to the Big Ten
$120 million to the Big 12
$125 million a year to the PAC 12
and hundreds of millions more to the SEC."

Or the fact that not many people like to listen to most of their analysts...and there are other sports networks out there with sometimes better coverage...plus they run with stories from the likes of Pete Thamel, without doing any fact checking (I haven't watched much of ESPN since 2010).

You miss the part where it cited how much the ratings were down and what the typical demographic was for most of its big time programming? It's a combo of too much outlays and not enough viewership for their advertisements. The same networks have been there the last 5 years. ESPN has taken a hard turn towards political correctness via their stances, programming and running off any talent that has some balls to say something bold like cowherd or even skip bayless. The talent they have ran off for these reasons is endless. But it's only part of a bigger picture with ESPN. Travis is spot on. If you don't think he is you are in extreme denial.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 05:22:27 PM »
Bravo Clay.

:kimclap: :brilliant:

I'm now to that point where very little on ESPN interests me anymore other than the actual games.  I'll watch a 30/30 or OTL but not much more.  The morning ESPN Sports Center is a prime example.  The last time I watched more than 30 seconds of that was back when the Colon Craperdump kneeling shit started.  Tony LaRussa did an interview with SI basically saying he questioned Craperdump's sincerity and said if he is really concerned about the issues, there are other ways to show it than disrespecting the flag.

The 3 hosts took turns taking LaRussa to task and saying how wrong he was in his opinion.  I wanted punch the Samsung.  This is Sports Center.  Report the happenings, scores etc.  We don't need your left wing opinions and I imagine a Hall of Fame coach would be happy to let you take turns puckering up to kiss his entire ass. That was it for me.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 11:24:24 PM »

N

Now that's some funny shit right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 10:08:22 AM »
I think the move to the left was a desperate attempt at gaining more viewers because their existing platform sucked ass. I stopped watching ESPN (outside of games) probably 10 years ago. I use to have SC on every morning watching highlights. But then the majority highlight driven show turned in to a 15 second clip of the game winning score, and a 10 minute argument between two dudes that picked arbitrary sides on "why Manning should say "toledo" to audible instead of "omaha" in which the 10 minute "segment" was introduced with a 1 minute each intro and outro of a Coors Light sponsorship. The last time I watched SC which was a LOOOOOONG time ago, had maybe 3 actual minutes of highlights in a 60 minute show. It's pathetic.

To cut cost, maybe quit paying guys to sit up there and argue, and pay one to sit there and show a bunch of fucking highlights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »
I think the move to the left was a desperate attempt at gaining more viewers because their existing platform sucked ass. I stopped watching ESPN (outside of games) probably 10 years ago. I use to have SC on every morning watching highlights. But then the majority highlight driven show turned in to a 15 second clip of the game winning score, and a 10 minute argument between two dudes that picked arbitrary sides on "why Manning should say "toledo" to audible instead of "omaha" in which the 10 minute "segment" was introduced with a 1 minute each intro and outro of a Coors Light sponsorship. The last time I watched SC which was a LOOOOOONG time ago, had maybe 3 actual minutes of highlights in a 60 minute show. It's pathetic.

To cut cost, maybe quit paying guys to sit up there and argue, and pay one to sit there and show a bunch of fucking highlights.

I like the football games they show and Scott Van Pelt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
I like the football games they show and Scott Van Pelt

i hate that dude.

he's terrible. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 10:55:51 AM »
i hate that dude.

he's terrible.

SCOTT VAN PELT

not Dallas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »

There was a time it was magical. 

I'd almost never miss Dan and Keith.  But as good as they were, that was the beginning of the end.  Keith, in particular, began to stray from the wry comments and the knowing looks to interject political and social commentary. 

In trying to recreate the Olbermann/Patrick dynamic, the network began to look for "personalities" rather than people who were knowledgeable about the game.  They elevated people who didn't necessarily know what they were talking about because they had a certain style.  Stuart Scott was good, but he begat Stephen A. who begat Michael Irvin etc.  They sacrificed substance for style.  They surrendered reporting the news for reacting to it (and in some cases creating it). 

I used to like Scott Van Pelt.  But his show is absolutely unwatchable.  I cannot watch that fish-mouthed know nothing black girl and her dancing partner.  I don't know their names.  Linda Cohn has grown ancient and haggard. The rotating cast of "anchors" are amateurish and each seems to be trying in his or her own lame way to channel Keith O or Stuart S. Don't mean to sound sexist, but there are far too many women on there now.  I don't really care what Rachel Nichols thinks about the NBA.  She never played. She never coached.  I know that's wrong on the surface, but I just don't care. I don't want to hear women doing play-by-play or color on men's sports.  I just don't. 

For years, SportsCenter ran on an almost constant loop in my house, especially during football season.  Now? I'm more likely to be watching reruns of Miami Vice or Love Boat than that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »
SCOTT VAN PELT

not Dallas.

well him too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »
Dallas is on ESPN?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
Now? I'm more likely to be watching reruns of Miami Vice or Love Boat than that.

Longing for the days of supreme fashion?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
There was a time it was magical. 

I'd almost never miss Dan and Keith.  But as good as they were, that was the beginning of the end.  Keith, in particular, began to stray from the wry comments and the knowing looks to interject political and social commentary. 

In trying to recreate the Olbermann/Patrick dynamic, the network began to look for "personalities" rather than people who were knowledgeable about the game.  They elevated people who didn't necessarily know what they were talking about because they had a certain style.  Stuart Scott was good, but he begat Stephen A. who begat Michael Irvin etc.  They sacrificed substance for style.  They surrendered reporting the news for reacting to it (and in some cases creating it). 

I used to like Scott Van Pelt.  But his show is absolutely unwatchable.  I cannot watch that fish-mouthed know nothing black girl and her dancing partner.  I don't know their names.  Linda Cohn has grown ancient and haggard. The rotating cast of "anchors" are amateurish and each seems to be trying in his or her own lame way to channel Keith O or Stuart S. Don't mean to sound sexist, but there are far too many women on there now.  I don't really care what Rachel Nichols thinks about the NBA.  She never played. She never coached.  I know that's wrong on the surface, but I just don't care. I don't want to hear women doing play-by-play or color on men's sports.  I just don't. 

For years, SportsCenter ran on an almost constant loop in my house, especially during football season.  Now? I'm more likely to be watching reruns of Miami Vice or Love Boat than that.

They started to lose me in 2010 when they lead the witch hunt against Auburn and Cam and used " an un-named source" to run their stories. I was waiting for a program on ESPN to be hosted by "un-named source". Prolly would have been better than the talking heads they had then.

The final straw was when Dick Shapp past away and was replaced on the Sports reporters with " oh the poor black athlete is not understood John Saunders", it seemed every Sunday had to do with something of color instead of just pure sports.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
Dallas is on ESPN?

Come on now, even I ain't that bad?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »
Longing for the days of supreme fashion?

More when I had better hair and a slimmer waistline. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »
More when I had better hair and a slimmer waistline.

Its not that we grow wider, we just quit growing longer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 01:27:06 PM »
Its not that we grow wider, we just quit growing longer...

I've heard they have blue pills for that.  :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 02:41:51 PM »
When MTV stopped showing music videos, they died a rapid death

ESPN has stopped simply reporting sports news.  They will die a rapid death as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions