Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Santa Clarita Diet

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Santa Clarita Diet
« on: February 05, 2017, 09:47:15 AM »
One weird, weird show.  Netflix original.

Timothy Olyphant and Drew Barrymore as a realtor couple. Drew develops an unusual predilection and the family has to learn to deal with her needs as they spiral out of control and begin to impact everyone around them. 

Drew and Tim ham it up, knowing that it's not to be taken seriously.  So it's kind of bad.  It tries to be funny and does occasionally hit the mark.  There are some misses too, but it's interesting in an odd way. 

The worst part of the show is Barrymore. She absolutely cannot act.  The quirky cuteness she once relied on to get her through has faded to just awkward almost robotic mugging.

The best part of the show is relative newcomer Liv Hewson as the Drew and Tim's teenage daughter.  She's not attractive but she plays her part really well.

There are several walk on roles, including Nathan Fillion, Patton Oswalt and Andy Richter. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:06:39 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

Re: Santa Clarita Diet
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »
I like Tim.  A lot.  Was hoping this would be a good one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »
Just pick up a new show  on the Netflix's.  Peaky blinders. Time period early 1900's. So far so good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
Just pick up a new show  on the Netflix's.  Peaky blinders. Time period early 1900's. So far so good.

your bff agrees...

Peaky Blinders
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 03:25:29 PM »
your bff agrees...

Peaky Blinders

I was busy on Dec 8th (2014) and didn't see it. Looks like nobody else did either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'