Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Week One

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Week One
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2017, 04:20:38 PM »
Yes, it is. Banning Muslims in America bans American citizens from being Muslim.

I'm not getting involved cause you two will continue to argue non-stop without either side conceding, but how do you come to the conclusion above?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2017, 05:06:16 PM »
I'm not getting involved cause you two will continue to argue non-stop without either side conceding, but how do you come to the conclusion above?

No point in arguing. His entire position has already been Trumped no matter how much he yowlsn

Wrong then. Wrong now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2017, 05:06:51 PM »
Yes, it is. Banning Muslims in America bans American citizens from being Muslim.

:blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2017, 07:26:18 PM »
Just so we're clear, this is a blanket Muslim ban.

(3:00min mark)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2017, 07:40:32 PM »
We're playing semantics now, as Kaos's intentional deflection and conflation was designed to do. He wasn't talking about the immigration freeze. He was talking about razing mosques to the ground and banning Islam.

All of that said, banning people from entering the country expressly BECAUSE they are Muslim is 100% unconstitutional.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:42:26 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2017, 09:02:06 PM »
Page 2301 of the Congressional Record - House

THE  SLY  FOX  OF  MEXICO 

(Mr.  POE  asked  and  was  given  per-
mission  to  address  the  House  for  1 
minute.)
Mr.  POE.  Mr.  Speaker,  let  me  recite 
to you an immigration policy.
1. If you migrate to this country you
must speak the native language.
2. You have to be a professional or an
investor.  No  unskilled  workers  are  al-
lowed.
3.  There  will  be  no  special  bilingual 
programs in the schools, no special bal-
lots  or  elections,  and  all  government 
business  will  be  conducted  in  one  lan-
guage.
4.  Foreigners  will  not  have  the  right 
to vote.
5.  Foreigners  will  never  be  able  to 
hold public office.
6.  Foreigners  will  not  be  a  burden  to 
taxpayers. There will be no welfare, no
food  stamps,  no  health  care  or  other 
government assistance programs.
7. If foreigners come and want to buy
land, that is highly restricted.
8.  Foreigners  may  not  protest.  No 
demonstrations, no foreign flag, no po-
litical  organizing,  no  criticizing  the 
President or the policies. If you do, you
will be sent back to your country.
9.  If  you  come  to  this  country  ille-
gally,  you  will  be  arrested  by  our  Fed-
eral police and sent to jail.
Mr.  Speaker,  this  is  not  U.S.  immi-
gration  policy,  but  the  alleged  policy 
of  President  Vicente  Fox  and  Mexico. 
President Fox is a hypocrite for trying
to  dictate  to  America  what  we  should 
do  in  this  country,  letting  his  illegal 
citizens  into  the  United  States,  while 
apparently  demanding  tougher  immi-
gration laws in his own country. Fox is
nothing  more  than  a  fox  in  fox  cloth-
ing. And that’s just the way it is.

https://www.congress.gov/crec/2006/05/09/CREC-2006-05-09.pdf

Cut off the freebees and the rats will have to leave.

Paul: "You subsidize illegal immigration, you get more of it."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:03:46 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2017, 09:15:32 PM »
All of that said, banning people from entering the country expressly BECAUSE they are Muslim is 100% unconstitutional.
Exactly. Which is why the Attorney General Sally Yates has more balls than a lot of people when she stood up against the Muslim ban because it is unconstitutional. Trump then fired her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »
We're playing semantics now, as Kaos's intentional deflection and conflation was designed to do. He wasn't talking about the immigration freeze. He was talking about razing mosques to the ground and banning Islam.

I said I was fine with the immigration freeze which is legal, lawful, constitutional and American. 

I also said on a PERSONAL note, not as a matter of policy, that I'd be fine if there were so few Muslims in the US that the mosques were knocked down to make room for BBQ joints.  I'm not proposing that as law. I'm not suggesting that Jim and Nick's become Jibar and Achned's Ribs and Slaw.  I'm merely saying that me personally, as an American citizen, an informed voter and a patriot at heart that I don't care for the Islamic influence in this country.  All this bullshit about a "melting pot" (which isn't true anyway) is utter nonsense when those that are supposed to be melting prefer to retain their ways and try to change ours.  What I think on a personal level has nothing to do with any proposed legislation.  Just my opinion. 

Keep that straight. 

Second, banning people from entering the country for ANY reason -- even religious ones -- does not run afoul of the Constitution.  Peeeeriod. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2017, 09:28:54 PM »
Exactly. Which is why the Attorney General Sally Yates has more balls than a lot of people when she stood up against the Muslim ban because it is unconstitutional. Trump then fired her.

"A chick with balls."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2017, 09:29:34 PM »

Don Quixote and Sancho Panza ride again. 

Just as wrong as they were years ago. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2017, 11:44:18 PM »
Don Quixote and Sancho Panza ride again. 

Just as wrong as they were years ago.
Wise people in this World are those that admit when they're wrong. You sir are not wise. If you don't support the Constitution, then get out. That goes for anyone, including Donald Trump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2017, 01:16:44 AM »
Wise people in this World are those that admit when they're wrong.

^

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2017, 06:17:31 AM »
Show me in the US Constitution where immigration is addressed. Naturalization yes, but immigration NO.

Congress and the executive branch work together on matters of immigration policy and enforcement. Although there is no explicit mention of immigration policy in the Constitution, a series of Supreme Court decisions has established that the political branches of the federal government—Congress and the President—share responsibility for immigration. In many cases, Congress passes immigration laws enforced by the executive branch; in other cases, the executive branch has prosecutorial discretion to implement immigration policies.

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2017/01/who-can-be-excluded-as-an-immigrant-to-the-united-states/

Immigration and the Constitution

The Constitution does not delegate to the federal government power over immigration, only over naturalization.

But the Constitution itself—from which all federal powers derive—does not delegate to the federal government power over immigration, only over naturalization. Thus, when the government's motivation for enacting immigration laws is to further genuine compelling foreign policy goals, the laws will be upheld. But when the government's motivation is nativism or fear or hatred or favoritism, strict scrutiny will operate to defeat those laws.

Shortly after the first federal immigration statute was enacted in the 1880s—the Chinese Exclusion Act—the Supreme Court ruled that aliens, whether here legally or illegally, are persons, and the Constitution protects all persons from governmental deprivation of life, liberty and property without due process.

In the same era, the court held that all babies born here of alien mothers are citizens.

http://reason.com/archives/2015/09/03/immigration-and-the-us-constitution
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:20:11 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
"A chick with balls."

There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2017, 08:30:58 AM »
There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits!

Was surprised to find out at the Sugar Bowl that Lurking Tiger had never heard this pearl of Godfather wisdom.

Learn it.
Live it.
Love it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »
Was surprised to find out at the Sugar Bowl that Lurking Tiger had never heard this pearl of Godfather wisdom.

Learn it.
Live it.
Love it.

Words to live by.

In other news, one of the Hollywood elite changes his tune and we finally hear someone address the current environment with some sanity.  No one is asking anyone to change sides or become a Trump supporter.  President Obama was the big cheese the last 8 years.  I didn't agree with a lot of his policies, especially the ones that affected me personally and my business.  But I didn't riot, protest or threaten to leave the country.  Well, I did actually talk about moving to a Caribbean Island with all the civil unrest.  Ultimately, I voted for what I thought was a better way.  Right or wrong, I checked Trump's box.  foxnews

Matthew McConaughey thinks his fellow actors' attitude about President Donald Trump is not alright, alright, alright.

The actor said in a new interview that it's time for Hollywood to "embrace" Trump and get over it.

"Well, they don’t have a choice now. He's our president," he told ChannelFI. "And, it’s very dynamic and as divisive of an Inauguration and time as we've had. At the same time, it’s time for us to embrace and shake hands with this fact. And be constructive with him over the next four years."

The 47-year-old said it's okay to strongly disagree with some of Trump's policies but it's important to wait and see how his first term in office plays out.

"So anyone, even those who may strongly disagree with his principles or things he’s said and done — and that’s another thing, we’ll see what he does compares to what he has said — no matter how much you even disagreed along the way, it’s time to think about how constructive can you be," he shared.

Why is McConaughey taking on this attitude of embracing Trump while his fellow stars are largely against him?

"'Cause he's our president for the next four years, at least," he said, "the President of the United States."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2017, 09:22:57 AM »
Page 2301 of the Congressional Record - House

https://www.congress.gov/crec/2006/05/09/CREC-2006-05-09.pdf

Cut off the freebees and the rats will have to leave.

Paul: "You subsidize illegal immigration, you get more of it."

Nope.

The cartels Play a large part also. Last I checked drug smuggling was already illegal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »

47 Muslim counties on this earth. 7 are banned. Muslims are allowed from the other 40.

Muslims are not banned because they are Muslims. They are banned because they come from one of those countries with terrible vetting and records.

Prowler this is simple logic. Not an opinion. It is not a Muslim ban as long as Muslims from other countries can still enter into this country. It's a logically false statement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2017, 09:35:59 AM »
47 Muslim counties on this earth. 7 are banned. Muslims are allowed from the other 40.

Muslims are not banned because they are Muslims. They are banned because they come from one of those countries with terrible vetting and records.

Prowler this is simple logic. Not an opinion. It is not a Muslim ban as long as Muslims from other countries can still enter into this country. It's a logically false statement.

WOTS you are speaking alternative facts!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
WOTS you are speaking alternative facts!

Maybe you need to read some real facts!!  Rabble rabble Cheeto dust yaw yaw yaw orange toupee blah blah fascist dictator yadda yadda racist!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE