Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alternative Facts Leaking Into Sports

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Alternative Facts Leaking Into Sports
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 12:30:44 PM »
Sean White played in 11 games this year. Even with the injuries and throwing numerous passes with a broken wing and no business being in the game, he was:

64%  for 1,679 yds.  9 TD's and 3 INT's with a 143.1 passer rating.  If Auburn, as a team, is healthy and we're running the ball, he fit the offense perfectly. And yes, the O was adjusted to fit his strengths.  No square peg in a round hole. He ran just enough to make it all that much more effective. Nick Marshall ran it 172 and 153 times respectively.  White ran it 55 times and with subtracting the sack yardage out, he was pretty damn good.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »
Sean White played in 11 games this year. Even with the injuries and throwing numerous passes with a broken wing and no business being in the game, he was:

64%  for 1,679 yds.  9 TD's and 3 INT's with a 143.1 passer rating.  If Auburn, as a team, is healthy and we're running the ball, he fit the offense perfectly. And yes, the O was adjusted to fit his strengths.  No square peg in a round hole. He ran just enough to make it all that much more effective. Nick Marshall ran it 172 and 153 times respectively.  White ran it 55 times and with subtracting the sack yardage out, he was pretty damn good.   

He's a threat to run the ball(slowly), he was no running threat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 12:45:00 PM »
Why would you want our front page to say "Why Our Coach Sucks"?

This isn't AUFamily or PMarshall. We keep it real herez.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »

Like mentioned though, White seems to have a knack for injuries. Funny thing is, I don't think Marshall was any bigger than White and hardly ever got injured. Why is that? It seemed Marshall took some big hits but knew how to take them gracefully. White, on the other hand, just throws his body out and hopes for the best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »

And the title should be: Time For Malzahn to change his QB trend
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 01:04:41 PM »
Yes. But we actually have a few people who are trend setters and power brokers at AU on here. Inside connections and what not. We have to be careful as to not forecast coaching moves we may deem....I mean, they may be considering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 01:39:59 PM »

4.6 is not slow. It's just not JF3 fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2017, 01:58:14 PM »
Like mentioned though, White seems to have a knack for injuries. Funny thing is, I don't think Marshall was any bigger than White and hardly ever got injured. Why is that? It seemed Marshall took some big hits but knew how to take them gracefully. White, on the other hand, just throws his body out and hopes for the best.

White is listed at 6' 200. Marshall was 6'1 210 at Auburn.  Not any huge size differential but the bottom line is that Marshall is clearly the better athlete.  The one practice I went to (I have many inside sources and connections) the day Marshall got the starting nod, they were alternating him, Johnson and Wallace every series in a scrimmage in the indoor facility.  NM was light years ahead of anybody on the field in quickness and overall speed.

Special athlete perfectly suited for the read option.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2017, 02:03:33 PM »
I have been saying this for two seasons. Part of JJs downfall was that the O never was adjusted for him. It was just JJ with NM plays.

And then when White came in, it was clear that the offense that NM ran would not work with SW. It was frustrating because I know the video was not as good back when Todd was the QB, but he could have at least watched a couple of games and jogged his memory. The same type of offense with the talent we have now could have easily flourished.

The one play that I missed most was the 5-out, 5-out, 5-out, 5-out-go! Boom. Walking TD.
How many 5-outs did we throw in the last 4 years. And is there anyone who thinks NM did not have the arm for a 5-out!
It's as if Gus thinks has ascended to a higher plane and the old stuff will not work still!

Hopefully Chip Lashlee can take the reins and keep us fresh!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 02:04:56 PM »
Sean beat Jeremy in the 40
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »

Sean can down a 40 faster than JJ?  GTFOH!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
White is listed at 6' 200. Marshall was 6'1 210 at Auburn.  Not any huge size differential but the bottom line is that Marshall is clearly the better athlete.  The one practice I went to (I have many inside sources and connections) the day Marshall got the starting nod, they were alternating him, Johnson and Wallace every series in a scrimmage in the indoor facility.  NM was light years ahead of anybody on the field in quickness and overall speed.

Special athlete perfectly suited for the read option.

True that. I am sure Marshalls athleticism had a lot to do with but it seemed like Marshall knew how to also take a hit.....(if the D could catch him). White doesn't. Da boy gets hurt just thinking about it. Knowing that made me cringe every time White took off running.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2017, 02:11:48 PM »
True that. I am sure Marshalls athleticism had a lot to do with but it seemed like Marshall knew how to also take a hit.....(if the D could catch him). White doesn't. Da boy gets hurt just thinking about it. Knowing that made me cringe every time White took off running.

He needs to learn to slide, slide, slippity-slide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2017, 02:15:31 PM »
He needs to learn to slide, slide, slippity-slide.

Yes. The boy has some mojo, sometimes too big for his bitc.....I mean, britches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2017, 02:19:48 PM »
Yes. The boy has some mojo, sometimes too big for his bitc.....I mean, britches.

Loved his guts going full RGIII against the Sooners.  Hated the decision because he got about the same results RGIII gets every time he takes on a defender.  Season!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 02:43:59 PM »
Sean can down a 40 faster than JJ?  GTFOH!!!
Yes, but only an OLDE ENGLISH 800
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2017, 02:46:22 PM »
4.6 is not slow. It's just not JF3 fast.

Tell that to my wife.    :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2017, 02:48:26 PM »

Jeremy was prolly afraid the guys keeping time were going to hit him when he got there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
Tell that to my wife.    :gig:

Well well. So first we find out that GH likes 9"1/2 cocks. Now, your wife is bumping uglies with Sean White? Or is it, Nick Marshall?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions