Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More Media Dishonesty

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: More Media Dishonesty
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »
 :facepalm:

CNN shitting its pants because it wasn't part of the press pool for a briefing today. 

Nothing to see here but let's go nuclear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2017, 02:21:05 PM »
:facepalm:

CNN shitting its pants because it wasn't part of the press pool for a briefing today. 

Nothing to see here but let's go nuclear.

I actually think this is really funny and may watch some of their network tonight for the entertainment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »
Even Buzz?
You should know this.  CHiP outside shoulda told ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2017, 03:18:25 PM »
Shep Smith is a self righteous crybaby bitch. 

If he wasn't gay I'd think he was somebody on this board. .........wait....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2017, 03:57:21 PM »
I actually think this is really funny and may watch some of their network tonight for the entertainment.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »

Do so knowing that on numerous occasions, Fox was banned from Obama conferences.  That every president as far back as Lincoln has excluded certain people/organizations from various functions and for various reasons. 

When Trump does it, however, CNN cries like a bitch baby that lost its pacifier. 

He's not going to stop.  They might as well figure it out now.  He's doing what WE want him to do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2017, 06:24:50 PM »
Do so knowing that on numerous occasions, Fox was banned from Obama conferences.  That every president as far back as Lincoln has excluded certain people/organizations from various functions and for various reasons. 

When Trump does it, however, CNN cries like a bitch baby that lost its pacifier. 

He's not going to stop.  They might as well figure it out now.  He's doing what WE want him to do.

Obama (the Treasury actually) TRIED to ban Fox and was unsuccessful mainly BECAUSE media outlets, including CNN, rallied behind Fox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2017, 07:31:35 PM »

Oh look...more Alternative Facts from the Alternative Right. Shocking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
"I think we have a respect for the press when it comes to the government. That is something you can't ban an entity from. Conservative, liberal or otherwise, that’s what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship.” - Communications Director at the RNC, Sean Spicer (12/16/16)

Hmmm, I wonder if Spicer still thinks the same only 2 months later...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2017, 10:31:45 PM »

Obama (the Treasury actually) TRIED to ban Fox and was unsuccessful mainly BECAUSE media outlets, including CNN, rallied behind Fox.

Absolutely un-fucking-true.   
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:37:22 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2017, 10:49:10 PM »
Put. Your. Shit. Back. In. Your. Pants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html

From the GOLDAMNED New York Times, nonetheless.  Let's take a fucking look, k? 

Behind the War Between White House and Fox
By JIM RUTENBERGOCT. 22, 2009
WASHINGTON — Late last month, the senior White House adviser David Axelrod and Roger Ailes, chairman and chief executive of Fox News, met in an empty Palm steakhouse before it opened for the day, neutral ground secured for a secret tête-à-tête.

Mr. Ailes, who had reached out to Mr. Axelrod to address rising tensions between the network and the White House, told him that Fox’s reporters were fair, if tough, and should be considered separate from the Fox commentators who were skewering President Obama nightly, according to people briefed on the meeting. Mr. Axelrod said it was the view of the White House that Fox News had blurred the line between news and anti-Obama advocacy.

What both men took to be the start of a frank but productive dialogue proved, in retrospect, more akin to the round of pre-Pearl Harbor peace talks between the United States and Japan.

By the following weekend, officials at the White House had decided that if anything, it was time to take the relationship to an even more confrontational level. The spur: Executives at other news organizations, including The New York Times, had publicly said that their newsrooms had not been fast enough in following stories that Fox News, to the administration’s chagrin, had been heavily covering through the summer and early fall — namely, past statements and affiliations of the White House adviser Van Jones that ultimately led to his resignation and questions surrounding the community activist group Acorn.

At the same time, Fox News had continued a stream of reports rankling White House officials and liberal groups that monitor its programming for bias.

Those reports included a critical segment on the schools safety official Kevin Jennings, with the on-screen headline “School Czar’s Past May Be Too Radical”; urgent news coverage of a video showing schoolchildren “singing the praises, quite literally, of the president,” which the Fox News contributor Tucker Carlson later called “pure Khmer Rouge stuff”; and the daily anti-Obama salvos from Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

There followed, beginning in earnest more than two weeks ago, an intensified volley of White House comments describing Fox as “not a news network.”

Not a news network?  Fake News? Where's the fucking outrage?   

“It was an amalgam of stories covered, and our assessment of how others were dealing with those stories, that caused us to comment,” Mr. Axelrod said in describing the administration’s thinking.

The heated back-and-forth between the White House and Fox News has brought equal delight to Fox’s conservative commentators, who revel in the fight, and liberal Democrats, who have long characterized the network as a purveyor of right-wing propaganda rather than fact-based journalism.

Speaking privately at the White House on Monday with a group of mostly liberal columnists and commentators, including Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann of MSNBC and Maureen Dowd, Frank Rich and Bob Herbert of The New York Times, Mr. Obama himself gave vent to sentiments about the network, according to people briefed on the conversation.

Then, in an interview with NBC News on Wednesday, the president went public. “What our advisers have simply said is that we are going to take media as it comes,” he said. “And if media is operating, basically, as a talk radio format, then that’s one thing. And if it’s operating as a news outlet, then that’s another.”

In a sign of discomfort with the White House stance, Fox’s television news competitors refused to go along with a Treasury Department effort on Thursday to exclude Fox from a round of interviews with the executive-pay czar Kenneth R. Feinberg that was to be conducted with a “pool” camera crew shared by all the networks. That followed a pointed question at a White House briefing this week by Jake Tapper, an ABC News correspondent, about the administration’s treatment of “one of our sister organizations.”

White House officials continue to interact with Fox News correspondents whom they have complimented as professional, including Major Garrett and Wendell Goler.

But Michael Clemente, senior vice president for news and editorial programming at Fox, said the White House was conflating the network’s commentary with its news coverage. That, Mr. Clemente said, “would be like Fox News blaming the White House senior staff for the Washington Redskins’ losing record.”

“I think we’re doing the job we’re supposed to be doing,” he said, “and we do it as well as anyone.”

Mr. Clemente suggested that the fight was part of a larger White House strategy to marginalize critics. He cited a report in Politico about a strategy session in August at which officials discussed plans to move more aggressively against opponents.

White House officials acknowledged that Fox News did come up at that meeting, although not, they said, as a central topic. A number of issues had been added to the White House’s list of grievances by then, including the network’s heavy coverage of some of the more intensely anti-administration activity at town-hall-style meetings on health care and Mr. Beck’s remark that Mr. Obama “has a deep-seated hatred for white people.”

The first real shot from the White House, however, came when aides excluded “Fox News Sunday With Chris Wallace” — which they had previously treated as distinct from the network — from a round of presidential interviews with Sunday morning news programs in mid-September.

“We simply decided to stop abiding by the fiction, which is aided and abetted by the mainstream press, that Fox is a traditional news organization,” said Dan Pfeiffer, the deputy White House communications director under Obama.

Later that week, White House officials said, they noticed a column by Clark Hoyt, the public editor of The Times, in which Jill Abramson, one of the paper’s two managing editors, described her newsroom’s “insufficient tuned-in-ness to the issues that are dominating Fox News and talk radio.” The Washington Post’s executive editor, Marcus Brauchli, had already expressed similar concerns about his newsroom.

White House officials said comments like those had focused them on a need to make their case that Fox had an ideological bent undercutting its legitimacy as a news organization.

Fox News Channel certainly seems to be enjoying a row it considers ratings candy, having devoted hours of news coverage and commentary to the fight.

But White House officials said they were happy to have at least started a public debate about Fox.

“This is a discussion that probably had to be had about their approach to things,” Mr. Axelrod said. “Our concern is other media not follow their lead.”

Correction: October 29, 2009
An article on Oct. 23 about tensions between the Obama administration and the Fox News Channel misstated the day on which Fox News’s competitors refused an attempt by the administration to exclude Fox from a round of official interviews that was to be recorded by a pool camera crew shared by all the major news networks. It was last Thursday, Oct. 22 — not Tuesday, Oct. 20.

RELATED COVERAGE
THE MEDIA EQUATION
The Battle Between the White House and Fox News OCT. 17, 2009

A Volley Between Fox News and Obama Administration OCT. 11, 2009

Now SHUT.THE.FUCK.UP

#Iwinasalways
#fuckallyallhoes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2017, 10:53:13 PM »
"I think we have a respect for the press when it comes to the government. That is something you can't ban an entity from. Conservative, liberal or otherwise, that’s what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship.” - Communications Director at the RNC, Sean Spicer (12/16/16)

Hmmm, I wonder if Spicer still thinks the same only 2 months later...

Probably not. And rightly so.  The liberal media has completely gone off the rails in respecting the President and the administration. 

Prowler, do you have kids?

It is to the level of crap some of the kids needed a timeout.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:46:12 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »
Put. Your. Shit. Back. In. Your. Pants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html

From the GOLDAMNED New York Times, nonetheless.  Let's take a fucking look, k? 

Now SHUT.THE.FUCK.UP

#Iwinasalways
#fuckallyallhoes

Fox News's Bret Baier disagrees and says basically exactly what I said. Emphasis mine.

https://twitter.com/BretBaier/status/835206562549493760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
@BretBaier
Some at CNN & NYT stood w/FOX News when the Obama admin attacked us & tried 2 exclude us-a WH gaggle should be open to all credentialed orgs

You, sir, may now kindly shut the fuck up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »

Fox News's Bret Baier disagrees and says basically exactly what I said. Emphasis mine.

https://twitter.com/BretBaier/status/835206562549493760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
You, sir, may now kindly shut the fuck up.

Seriously? 

You need medication.

The article I printed from your precious New York Times clearly displays an Obama administration that was more antagonistic toward Fox News than President Trump's administration has been toward the entire herd of Obama ball lickers that try to pass for news organizations.  It clearly shows that his administration did the same things (to a greater extent) than Trump has.  It clearly shows that he tried to delegitimize Fox and cali that it wasn't a news organization (how is that different from "fake news")

I don't give a fuck if Trump kicks all those networks out of the District of Columbia. 

What I showed you in that one article is that this is nothing different than what's happened before and is, in fact, less egregious. 

Clean up on aisle 2. Chizad's pants are caked with poo. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:43:44 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
The article I printed from your precious New York Times clearly displays an Obama administration that was more antagonistic toward Fox News than President Trump's administration has been toward the entire herd of Obama ball lickers that try to pass for news organizations.
No it doesn't.
It clearly shows that his administration did the same things (to a greater extent) than Trump has.
No it doesn't.
It clearly shows that he tried to delegitimize Fox and cali that it wasn't a news organization (how is that different from "fake news")
Tried. That's what I said. Tried and failed because, as I said originally that you took issue with, counter to your earlier incorrect statement, the mainstream media as a whole rallied behind Fox. That is a fact. You are...

Take it up with Bret Baier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »
And this time, please just take the L and stop digging deeper so as to turn this into 20 pages of you obscuring what you were clearly wrong about to begin with, then turning it into me being "smug" because I differentiate truth from made up bullshit, into me "NOT LETTING IT GO, OMG OBSESSED!!!1" when I try to stay on topic.

Let's just skip that this time, how bout it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »
No it doesn't.

Read the big letters.
No it doesn't.
Read the bold letters

Tried. That's what I said. Tried and failed because, as I said originally that you took issue with, counter to your earlier incorrect statement, the mainstream media as a whole rallied behind Fox. That is a fact. You are...

That's what you're missing.  It's a vastly different animal when ONE news network that's trying to do its job and is the ONLY network doing anything but polishing Obama's knockers is singled out.   In Trump's case it's MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Buzzfeed, CNBC, etc. etc. etc. 

And even at that, Fox wasn't personally attacking Obama, it wasn't aiding and abetting people who were trying to destroy him, it didn't have anchors crying on the air because he won.  And yet he STILL met with people like Maddow and Olbermann to garner their help in spreading his propaganda and trying to destroy the ONLY voice even half ass trying to critically examine his decisions. 

It's an extremely different landscape.  It's easy for all of those -- all who were complicit in expanding his agenda -- to go "hey, don't pick on poor little ol' Fox..."   

Just not the same. 

There's nothing to take up. 

You've become Prowler.  Served heaping helpings of your own ass on a silver platter and yet you do victory jigs.   

It is to laugh. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »
And this time, please just take the L and stop digging deeper so as to turn this into 20 pages of you obscuring what you were clearly wrong about to begin with, then turning it into me being "smug" because I differentiate truth from made up bullshit, into me "NOT LETTING IT GO, OMG OBSESSED!!!1" when I try to stay on topic.

Let's just skip that this time, how bout it?

If you want to pretend its a draw and have somebody give you a participation trophy, I guess I can accept that Olaf.   If it makes you feel better....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2017, 11:10:05 AM »

There's nothing to take up. 

You've become Prowler.  Served heaping helpings of your own ass on a silver platter and yet you do victory jigs.   

It is to laugh.
This is another classic case of you saying an incorrect thing, then me correcting you, then you full-on shitting your pants about how you are right and I am wrong, then you obscuring what the fuck we were talking about to begin with.

So let's recap, shall we?

You said:

You're saying Obama BANNED Fox in an analogous way to what Trump is currently trying to do to basically everyone else AND you're saying that CNN is being hypocritical for "suddenly" caring.

I replied to that with:

You replied to that with 20 posts that shifted to personal insults about me "needing medication", "caking my pants with poo", and telling me in all caps to shut the fuck up among other gems.

Now, stay in the corner you painted yourself in and tell me how:
is COMPLETELY different than:
@BretBaier
Some at CNN & NYT stood w/FOX News when the Obama admin attacked us & tried 2 exclude us-a WH gaggle should be open to all credentialed orgs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions