Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New OC Rumors and News

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: New OC Rumors and News
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2017, 10:36:39 AM »
According to J.G Taint over at Rivals, Chip was actually Gus's first choice and JJ wanted Gus to hire someone else and some big money boosters wanted a hire that was different from what Gus wanted and what JJ wanted.  If true, then fuck JJ in the ear with an ice pick.  You hired the man, get out of his way and let him hire and run the show how he sees fit.  If he succeeds then great, you look good, if he fails, then fire his ass.  Also fuck the boosters for having that much influence over the program. 

For some reason I can believe J.G's story.  By not letting Gus hire who he wanted from day one and fighting him for a week, the PTB and JJ made this a circus and embarrassed Auburn in the process.

That last part above? ^^ correct. An absolute clown show.

In fairness his first two choices were probably off limits from the start because of baggage. But still this was a cluster of a search.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2017, 10:38:52 AM »
So, Herb Hand never had a chance?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2017, 10:40:56 AM »
So, Herb Hand never had a chance?

To herb hand  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2017, 10:41:44 AM »
So J.G's story is probably true?  I did notice at the presser that Gus was more smug than he has been in a long time.  His tone and face looked to me like he said "I won".
I don't know the ancillary things regarding Jacobs and the Power brokers, but it wouldn't surprise me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2017, 10:42:53 AM »
In fairness his first two choices were probably off limits from the start because of baggage. But still this was a cluster of a search.

Only to people that follow Auburn though and in actuality it never really was because Gus got who he wanted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2017, 11:52:45 AM »
Only to people that follow Auburn though and in actuality it never really was because Gus got who he wanted.

But does he pick briles all things being equal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2017, 12:37:04 PM »

All things equal Brileses are still coaching in Waco.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »
What makes you think Gus wanted Briles?  Some of the fans wanted him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »

Our fans like rape. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2017, 03:07:54 PM »

Because I said so, duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »
Our fans like rape. 

What does a bloated lesbian have to do with this conversation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »
What does a bloated lesbian have to do with this conversation?

Read the rules.  This board has zero tolerance for body shaming.  If that fat, bull-dyke reads this, it could do irreparable damage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2017, 04:03:15 PM »

Read the rules.  This board has zero tolerance for body shaming.  If that fat, bull-dyke reads this, it could do irreparable damage.

Yall gon make her march on Washington.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2017, 08:25:04 PM »

Nothing. Just a hypothetical. I know they are or ehhh were tight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2017, 06:43:52 AM »
Nothing. Just a hypothetical. I know they are or ehhh were tight.
We were led to believe they were tight. We had a pic of them smiling and sharing a pumpkin brew.    #winning

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2017, 09:23:55 AM »
We were led to believe they were tight. We had a pic of them smiling and sharing a pumpkin brew.    #winning

Only fags drink those.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Gus-Malzahn-may-not-have-retired-clipboard-if-Rhett-Lashlee-stay-50828762?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170126_125855_Auburn%20Tigers&utm_content=Link

Gus Malzahn may have been more involved with the offense had Rhett Lashlee stayed on board with the Tigers.

Brandon Marcello - 5 hours ago 14

AUBURN, Ala. — Gus Malzahn was ready to relinquish control last season, but maybe not completely.

The Auburn head coach recently hired Chip Lindsey to replace Rhett Lashlee as offensive coordinator. Lashlee left for the same position at UConn on his own accord, setting in motion a 10-day search for his replacement on the Plains.

Malzahn had relinquished play-calling duties to Lashlee four games into the 2016 season, an unexpected and unorthodox move for Malzahn, but one he said was needed. Still, Malzahn had plenty of input on game days, as seen in the final few games of the season. Interestingly, after Malzahn hired Lindsey, he said he was “retiring” his clipboard after 26 years.

“Yeah, I’m not going to carry that anymore,” he said. “I retired it officially so that kind of tells you where I’m at, how much confidence I have in this guy right here.”

Apparently that may not have been the case had Lashlee stayed around Auburn for a fifth season.

“I don’t know,” Malzahn admitted Wednesday. “I just decided the other day it’s about time.”

Auburn’s offense took a big hit as injuries mounted at quarterback and running back in the final month of the season. The Tigers went did not defeat a Power 5 team in its final three games — Georgia, Alabama and Oklahoma — and combined to score only 38 points against the foes after averaging 35.8 points per game during a six-game winning streak earlier in the season.

Malzahn said he wasn’t surprised by Lashlee’s departure.

“He applied for a couple of head jobs and all that, so I knew it was a possibility,” Malzahn said. “I’m really happy for him. He did a super job here at Auburn.”

Lashlee was a finalist for the Georgia State head coaching job in December. He took a $250,000 pay cut to take the job at UConn as offensive coordinator on Randy Edsall's staff Jan. 10. The decision snapped a lifelong connection on the sidelines between mentor and protege. Malzahn coached Lashlee at Shiloh Christian in Springdale, Arkansas in the late 1990s through the early 2000s, and they coached together on different levels, from Lashlee as a graduate assistant at Arkansas and Auburn, to offensive coordinator from 2012 through 2016 at Arkansas State and Auburn.

“He was wanting to do his own thing and I don’t blame him,” Malzahn said. “We’ve been together a long time. He’s going to do a super job. I expect him to do very well.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
Malzahn had relinquished play-calling duties to Lashlee four games into the 2016 season, an unexpected and unorthodox move for Malzahn, but one he said was needed. Still, Malzahn had plenty of input on game days, as seen in the final few games of the season. Interestingly, after Malzahn hired Lindsey, he said he was “retiring” his clipboard after 26 years.
Says the Guy who switched from CEO before this past season to calling the offense because "that was what he was good at". To after 4 games back to CEO?  Like Kaos has said he doesn't know what he is doing on the job.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2017, 04:20:20 PM »
Says the Guy who switched from CEO before this past season to calling the offense because "that was what he was good at". To after 4 games back to CEO?  Like Kaos has said he doesn't know what he is doing on the job.
Have to agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »

Well, I would bet that any Auburn fan reading this article has thought, "I will believe it when I see it". I hope Chip to stick to his guns and Gus can let the man do his job.....and Gus do his. But again, I will believe it when I see it. His retiring his clip board is like Farve retiring from the NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions