Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New OC Rumors and News

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: New OC Rumors and News
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2017, 02:17:37 PM »
You are equating Jeffrey Lee and Bryan Matthews to Al.com. So you're argument is already flawed. Those guys do know things we don't and are right more than not. Al.com does not.

This search was a clown show and we were forced to settle for someone who was about our PTB's 186th option and Gus' 4/5th option.

Doing no such thing.  Another question.  Who hired Gus Malzahn?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2017, 03:21:44 PM »
Gus has spoken.

"I'm excited to welcome Chip Lindsey to the Auburn family," Malzahn said in a statement. "I have the utmost confidence in his ability to lead our offense and his strength in developing quarterbacks makes him the perfect fit. Chip is a man of integrity and character who will fit well within our staff. He has great knowledge and enthusiasm for the game and is a rising star in this profession."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
Welcome Chip Lashlee to the AU family!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
They might be excited by the prospect of actually receiving some useful coaching.

Well, apparently Chipper is good with the QBs. I hope so anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2017, 04:24:44 PM »

Well, it looks like that guy who hired him didn't get his way. I am glad for that. The thought of Jacobs telling who he can't and he can hire makes my stomach turn. It also makes my liquor bill go up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2017, 04:44:06 PM »
Gus said Chip was a rising star in our profession. I'm so excited I just bought a six pack   of Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter by Horny Goat Brewing.
Ain't life grand?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 04:46:37 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2017, 06:03:08 PM »
Well, it looks like that guy who hired him didn't get his way. I am glad for that. The thought of Jacobs telling who he can't and he can hire makes my stomach turn. It also makes my liquor bill go up.

But doesn't that go against everything that people have been saying since Gus was hired?  Jay hired him.  Gus was Jay's boy.  His yes man.  Jay calls all the shots in the athletic department.  He's not going to allow his employee to go over his head and get his way.  Right???

My point was that all the rumors and speculation were just that.  Nobody knew anything.  The assertion that there was somehow, a power struggle between Gus and Jay or the PTB or boosters or whoever, was in my opinion, a crock of BS.  Unsubstantiated rumors from "sources"...."people close to the situation"..."someone with knowledge of the process." And the longer it went on, the more rumors appeared.

In case people haven't noticed, Gus Malzahn and this staff are in the stretch run of recruiting season.  He was on a plane to Jacksonville yesterday, meeting with a future QB prospect.  They've been blitzing the southeast, trying to nail down recruits.  Not sitting in a conference room, smoking cigars and sipping fine bourbon, waiting to interview the next potential OC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2017, 06:07:06 PM »
But doesn't that go against everything that people have been saying since Gus was hired?  Jay hired him.  Gus was Jay's boy.  His yes man.  Jay calls all the shots in the athletic department.  He's not going to allow his employee to go over his head and get his way.  Right???

My point was that all the rumors and speculation were just that.  Nobody knew anything.  The assertion that there was somehow, a power struggle between Gus and Jay or the PTB or boosters or whoever, was in my opinion, a crock of BS.  Unsubstantiated rumors from "sources"...."people close to the situation"..."someone with knowledge of the process." And the longer it went on, the more rumors appeared.

In case people haven't noticed, Gus Malzahn and this staff are in the stretch run of recruiting season.  He was on a plane to Jacksonville yesterday, meeting with a future QB prospect.  They've been blitzing the southeast, trying to nail down recruits.  Not sitting in a conference room, smoking cigars and sipping fine bourbon, waiting to interview the next potential OC.
You tell 'em Snags. You ain't no rinky dink and you ain't gonna put up with nobody challenging your authoriti.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2017, 08:53:26 PM »
You tell 'em Snags. You ain't no rinky dink and you ain't gonna put up with nobody challenging your authoriti.

Cuttin' bitches and wonderin' where the pussy at.
 Straight for ya, looking for a hoe.
 Hangin' out, rollin in my '64.
 16 swicthes for the niggaz in my hood.
 17 shells so I make it understood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »
After just listening to the presser on Rivals with Gus and Rhett Chip, I felt a little movement.  Might have been the jalapenos.  IF....IF....Gus were to keep his word in the presser and turn it all over to Lindsey, we might really have something.  But I'm still convinced that Malzahn is just too paranoid to do that.

We have talent.  Lots of freakin' talent on both sides of the ball.  More coming in with this class.  If Steele keeps it rolling on D and Gus lets someone else run their offense and coach up these QBs...   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2017, 09:32:06 PM »
After just listening to the presser on Rivals with Gus and Rhett Chip, I felt a little movement.  Might have been the jalapenos.  IF....IF....Gus were to keep his word in the presser and turn it all over to Lindsey, we might really have something.  But I'm still convinced that Malzahn is just too paranoid to do that.

We have talent.  Lots of freakin' talent on both sides of the ball.  More coming in with this class.  If Steele keeps it rolling on D and Gus lets someone else run their offense and coach up these QBs...

...they still find a way to look inept when injuries occur, drop at least one game to a team we shouldn't lose to, and still get jacked by the biggest rivals at the end of the year.

Sorry, bud. I ain't buying this as anything more than another rung on the ladder of the way down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2017, 10:25:00 PM »
...they still find a way to look inept when injuries occur, drop at least one game to a team we shouldn't lose to, and still get jacked by the biggest rivals at the end of the year.

Sorry, bud. I ain't buying this as anything more than another rung on the ladder of the way down.

I don't.  I think it's pretty simple.  If Gus truly steps away and we stay healthy, we're going to kick ass.  If he meddles, we're 8-4 again.  It really...really...REALLY is time for Gus to take a step back and let his corches corch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2017, 10:33:43 PM »
I don't.  I think it's pretty simple.  If Gus truly steps away and we stay healthy, we're going to kick ass.  If he meddles, we're 8-4 again.  It really...really...REALLY is time for Gus to take a step back and let his corches corch.

Dropping knowledge, is what. ^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »

I think we've already established that.

And he needs to hit the road. Fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2017, 11:12:34 PM »

My positive side agrees and that's usually who I am. I really hope you are right. Like mentioned, it seems the QBS seem siked about the hire. That's good because that seems to be Chips specialty. Also, with his close ties to AL HS football, it helps AU with Alabama cruitn even more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2017, 11:22:08 PM »
My positive side agrees and that's usually who I am. I really hope you are right. Like mentioned, it seems the QBS seem siked about the hire. That's good because that seems to be Chips specialty. Also, with his close ties to AL HS football, it helps AU with Alabama cruitn even more.

100%  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2017, 06:53:39 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2017, 07:56:02 AM »

Big "IF". We could say this last year too. But the IF didn't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2017, 08:41:23 AM »

Uh last year was last year but this time it's for real.
Gonna go with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2017, 10:20:25 AM »

Agreed but last year, we were not stable at QB. Hoping that Woody and Stidham change that for 2017.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions