Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Malzahn sucks! So sayeth al

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Malzahn sucks! So sayeth al
« on: January 14, 2017, 07:24:45 AM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/01/alcom_all-access_is_this_offen.html#incart_most-comments

Fantastic piece by James Creeper.   (sarcasm intended)

Make no mistake, Malzahn got the Auburn job because of his bona fides as an offensive guru, with the belief that his offense would revolutionize the SEC. He certainly wasn't hired because he was proven at building and running an organization (like Nick Saban) or because he had a reputation as a great recruiter (like Ed Orgeron) or because he was a high-energy salesman who would preach the Auburn gospel to the masses (like Dabo Swinney). 

No, Malzahn was hired because he had a reputation as an offensive genius, and it paid off, for about a year-and-a-half. But after the offensive ups-and-downs of 2015 and 2016, the question is, if you hire a coordinator and let them run the offense, why do you need Gus Malzahn?

He's certainly recruited well at Auburn, though that's probably because he's hired a bunch of great recruiters for his staff -- notably Rodney Garner, but also Tim Horton, Herb Hand and the departed Dameyune Craig. Is Malzahn's personality something that draws recruits into the tent? That doesn't seem likely.

He's not Saban, not Orgeron, not Swinney.  He doesn't have a personality that recruits are drawn to.  He sucks!  Why do you need him? 

I hate al.com. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Malzahn sucks! So sayeth al
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:22:35 AM »
I went looking for the piece.  Actually by Greg Stephenson.  No matter.  This is why I've said many times that I miss Joel Erikson writing for the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..  Very little opinion and 99% reporting on Auburn people and facts about the Tigers. 

What if we could write an article about Stephenson?  "He doesn't write very well.  There's nothing compelling about his contributions to al.com. If he doesn't get some help or change his writing style, it will be the same tired rhetoric next year.  So why does al.com need Greg Stephenson?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 01:09:13 PM »
I went looking for the piece.  Actually by Greg Stephenson.  No matter.  This is why I've said many times that I miss Joel Erikson writing for the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..  Very little opinion and 99% reporting on Auburn people and facts about the Tigers. 

What if we could write an article about Stephenson?  "He doesn't write very well.  There's nothing compelling about his contributions to al.com. If he doesn't get some help or change his writing style, it will be the same tired rhetoric next year.  So why does al.com need Greg Stephenson?"
If Kaos says it's from James Creeper, then it's from James Creeper. Penis breath.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
Went out to grocery store early. Turned on WJOX, Bamer honks puting down any Auburn hire and asking why would anyone want the job.
They finished by saying Mike Shula had done much toward Cam's development in the NFL.

Good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions