Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sad But True

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Sad But True
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:54:44 PM »
Troof hurts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 05:39:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »
Love Hurts...

Especially when you're messin' with a son of a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 11:07:31 PM »
Especially when you're messin' with a son of a bitch.

Too bad Nazareth quote hijacks can only go two deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
Too bad Nazareth quote hijacks can only go two deep.

Speaking of which, one of the more disturbing parts of Rob Zombie's Halloween remake was the choice to use "Love Hurts" as a stripper's song. That's fucked up no matter what county you from.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 04:22:49 AM »
Troof hurts.
Scarbinsky will never get his due because he refuses to be a Bama honk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 09:24:36 AM »
Speaking of which, one of the more disturbing parts of Rob Zombie's Halloween remake was the choice to use "Love Hurts" as a stripper's song. That's fucked up no matter what county you from.

The lapdance is better when the stripper is crying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:13 AM »
Fuck this article.

AL.com and the rest of sports media picked us 6th in the West and said they couldn't find 6 wins to get us bowl eligible on our schedule.

We won 8 instead, played in the SUGAR BOWL where we were outmatched by a very hot Oklahoma team while we on the other hand were hobbled. We held our own until our starting QB got hurt (again) and everything went to shit.

Again, fuck this article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 11:11:38 AM »
Fuck this article.

AL.com and the rest of sports media picked us 6th in the West and said they couldn't find 6 wins to get us bowl eligible on our schedule.

We won 8 instead, played in the SUGAR BOWL where we were outmatched by a very hot Oklahoma team while we on the other hand were hobbled. We held our own until our starting QB got hurt (again) and everything went to shit.

Again, fuck this article.

Part of me agrees but the bigger part (My Johnson) disagrees.  Skrabinski can be brutally honest and I'll be the first to admit that he goes overboard from time to time just for the clicks.  Case in point, his ripping of Chizik for saying War Damn Eagle.  Nurra' please!

But the key in that piece for me is that since our trip to the Rose Bowl, we're 1-7 against top 10 teams. That speaks volumes. Since then, Malzahn is 8-5, 7-6 and now 8-5 again.  He's what...1-3 against Georgia?  1-3 against Bama?

I get that the injuries to White played a huge roll in our record this year.  I've argued that many times on this board.  But what many have said, and what's most disturbing for me, is that he's developed exactly squat behind White.  There's no one to go to.  No back up plan.  The offense was dead in the water.  And it certainly was again this past Monday night.  That's on Gus.  Nobody else.  Bama brings in what was thought to be their 3rd string QB, a true freshman and they'll be playing for it all Monday night.  We signed a guy who I gay-ron-damn-tee you is every bit as talented as Hurts. The closest he's gotten to the field is Tweeting about it from his dorm room.  Instead, we're playing 163 lb. Clifford Franklin XXVXII and Head Case Johnson. 

I'm anything but a torch and pitchfork fan.  I've defended Gus and where this program is at the last 4 years.  But the record the last 3, especially against top shelf teams, is an abomination.  The premise of the article is simply that Auburn has failed to do anything since 2013 to warrant being thought of as one of the elite.  I finally agree with him.  Top 10 recruiting classes every single year resulting in 8-5, 7-6 and 8-5. That's anything but elite.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 11:21:10 AM »
I think Scab's articles is on the money. It seems like it's more fact than opinion, so hard to argue the math. It is what it is.

Next season is put up or shut up. And we mean it this time!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
I think Scab's articles is on the money. It seems like it's more fact than opinion, so hard to argue the math. It is what it is.

Next season is put up or shut up. And we mean it this time!
Or else!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »
But the key in that piece for me is that since our trip to the Rose Bowl, we're 1-7 against top 10 teams. That speaks volumes. Since then, Malzahn is 8-5, 7-6 and now 8-5 again.  He's what...1-3 against Georgia?  1-3 against Bama?

2009 - 8-5
2010 - 14-0
2011 - 8-5
2013 - 12-2
2014 - 8-5
2015 - 7-6
2016 - 8-5

Unless he has a Heisman Finalist, he's a 8 win coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 02:12:36 PM »
2009 - 8-5
2010 - 14-0
2011 - 8-5
2013 - 12-2
2014 - 8-5
2015 - 7-6
2016 - 8-5

He's Mark Richt Lite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 02:44:53 PM »
He's Mark Richt Lite.
No...he did take us to the ship twice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 02:56:09 PM »
No...he did take us to the ship twice.

I just meant he's a great guy.  Good Christian man.  Kisses babies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »
2009 - 8-5
2010 - 14-0
2011 - 8-5
2013 - 12-2
2014 - 8-5
2015 - 7-6
2016 - 8-5

I think my mindset here might be a bit bammerish or maybe just realistic but we'll see:

He's not an 8 win coach. For one, 2009-2011 was Gene Chizik's team, so I'm not counting those years.

He struck gold in 2013 but we were pretty fucking close to being at best a 10 win team. But I'll give him props for that year. We were badass and probably should have won the national championship.

2014 was a true 8 win year that should have been much better than it was. That offense was LOADED and inept coaching and preparation ruined that year. But that kind of season is what I think of when I think of 8 win teams.

2015? Sorry. 6-6 is the true reality of that team. We beat Memphis in a semi-home game in the Birmingham Bowl to get to 7 wins. 6 win season at Auburn? That's inexcusable and should inform the firing squad to clean the muskets. We cannot overlook that we almost lost to Jax State in overtime at home and nearly lost to Kentucky. 4-8 was very much a possibility.

2016? We looked good for about three weeks. LSU? 1 second away from a loss. The Clemson game was the worst I've ever seen Auburn's offense including 2011, 2012, and 2015. The reality is that we looked like dogshit in 7 games this season. Escaped with a win against LSU. Too close for comfort against Vanderbilt. No where near competitive against Clemson, A&M, Georgia, Alabama, and Oklahoma.

I don't care if a QB gets hurt. The backups shouldn't be that bad. Especially backups that aren't true freshman.

Sad but true: Malzahn should probably be fired immediately but for buyout and reputation sake, we'll keep him one more year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 03:23:47 PM »
The bullshit in the football program stops when Jay is gone and someone comes in and is more interested in running an Athletic Dept than kissing donors asses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 04:52:48 PM »
The bullshit in the football program stops when Jay is gone and someone comes in and is more interested in running an Athletic Dept than kissing donors asses.
We do have the largest scoreboard though... #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs