Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heisman Winner Found Dead

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Heisman Winner Found Dead
« on: December 06, 2016, 05:31:12 PM »
42 is way too young to leave this place. In addition to Salaam, a big local figure passed yesterday.  Larry Roberts was a huge star at Northview HS here.  I believe they won a 6A State Championship with him. He went on to play at Bama and then played in 2 Super Bowls with the 49'ers. 

Fox

Heisman Trophy winner Rashaan Salaam was found dead Monday night in a Boulder park less than two miles from Folsom Field, where he carved his name into the University of Colorado record books as one of the greatest players in the program's history.

The Boulder County coroner's office was still investigating the cause of the death of the 42-year-old Salaam, who won the Heisman in 1994. The body of the one-time running back was found at Eben G. Fine Park in Boulder. Police say foul play was not suspected.

Salaam's death stunned the Colorado football community which this year celebrated a revival with a 10-3 record, an appearance in the Pac-12 championship game and the Buffaloes' first bowl bid in almost a decade.

"You talk about a young man who was smart, handsome, talented. He was very, very gifted. He was humble. He was a team guy," Bill McCartney, who coached Salaam from 1992-94, told The Associated Press.

McCartney remembered Salaam as a natural leader.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Heisman Winner Found Dead
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:10:50 PM »
Sad.
Great college player. Just did not get started in the pros.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:22 PM »
Police told his family they found a note and believe it to be a suicide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 12:35:57 AM »
It's that damn devil weed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.