• Catch Him!
College Football Playoff Poll #5...
« on: November 29, 2016, 08:19:42 PM »
#1. bama
#14. Auburn
#15. Florida
#21. LSU
#22. Tennessee

Auburn is very likely Sugar Bowl bound, when bama beats Florida.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:21:13 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: College Football Playoff Poll #5...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 08:46:01 PM »
#1. bama
#14. Auburn
#15. Florida
#21. LSU
#22. Tennessee

Auburn is very likely Sugar Bowl bound, when bama beats Florida.

That's ugh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:39:36 PM »
If White is back (he won't be), then yay. If not, we're going to be embarrassed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

chinook

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 12:47:19 AM »
If White is back (he won't be), then yay. If not, we're going to be embarrassed.

Great analysis, Debbie.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »

Likely Oklahoma barring an upset right?

The poll also shows the saban effect in cfb. As much as I'm frustrated with Gus, this shit is happening at almost every program that actually plays a schedule. It's that 6-9 win range. Behind Bama everyone looks meh down to about the 40th best team. This is not fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 09:30:23 AM »
Likely Oklahoma barring an upset right?

The poll also shows the saban effect in cfb. As much as I'm frustrated with Gus, this shit is happening at almost every program that actually plays a schedule. It's that 6-9 win range. Behind Bama everyone looks meh down to about the 40th best team. This is not fun.

Like I said, it's not a level playing field.  And that playing field has nothing to do with X's and O's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »
Like I said, it's not a level playing field.  And that playing field has nothing to do with X's and O's.

The guy is in just about every coaches' head. Look how many he has sent packing from the sec - fulmer, tubs, richt, meyer, nutt, miles possibly even spurrier. Now Meyer and Harbaugh are cannabizing each other up there. Every sec coach aside from Derek Mason has lost their mind trying to figure Bama out. It's obvious. The desperation, the frustration, the pressure. It all weighs on these guys. They start going tard. Going away from what they do good. Do stupid shit. Etc Etc.  I know butch jones probably felt it more than anyone this year to start the season. Down in flames....I'm sorry but this just isn't good for cfb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 10:53:46 AM »
The guy is in just about every coaches' head. Look how many he has sent packing from the sec - fulmer, tubs, richt, meyer, nutt, miles possibly even spurrier. Now Meyer and Harbaugh are cannabizing each other up there. Every sec coach aside from Derek Mason has lost their mind trying to figure Bama out. It's obvious. The desperation, the frustration, the pressure. It all weighs on these guys. They start going tard. Going away from what they do good. Do stupid shit. Etc Etc.  I know butch jones probably felt it more than anyone this year to start the season. Down in flames....I'm sorry but this just isn't good for cfb.

But why are they so good?  Why is it that they just have so many more quality players than everyone else?  Nick Saban's bubbly personality?  Every young man's desire to live in Tuscaloosa?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
But why are they so good?  Why is it that they just have so many more quality players than everyone else?  Nick Saban's bubbly personality?  Every young man's desire to live in Tuscaloosa?

At first it was cheating their ass off. I don't even think they have to any more. Every media outlet is an Alabama splooge-fest. I think the program is on fucking cruise control right now because they are in on every single recruit whether they want them or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 12:54:30 PM »
As mentioned my Prowler and GH, this is the current projection for Auburn in the bowl games.

Allstate Sugar Bowl

Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
8:30 p.m. Jan. 2 (ESPN)

Schlabach: Auburn vs. Oklahoma
McMurphy: Auburn vs. Oklahoma State
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 01:07:52 PM »
At first it was cheating their ass off. I don't even think they have to any more. Every media outlet is an Alabama splooge-fest. I think the program is on fucking cruise control right now because they are in on every single recruit whether they want them or not.

Good analysis. 

I remember when Saban first got to Tuscaloosa.  First thing he did was run off the hangers on, and all the good old boys who hung around the program.  Really pissed off a friend of mine who'd worked for Stallings and was used to having the run of the athletic complex.  Saban told him to his face to get out and never come back unless he had a specific purpose there.  He wanted Saban fired after his first season.  Would eat the little debbie crumbs out of his turds now.  Then he got control of the booster network. Before it was a wild west show and as inept and corrupt as the war between Tony Soprano and Phil Leotardo. He took charge of that, cut off a bunch of the small fry bag men and put the whole thing in the hands of a select few.  Was able to do it because Mal Moore was old and weak by that point. He also threw a rope around the high school coaches. Hired a bunch of them and gave every single one the hope that one day they, too, could become part of the Bama staff. 

His second year, I ran into an Auburn coach who was in Fairhope doing some recruiting.  He told me that after Saban arrived, the landscape changed.  Where they'd once been able to talk to recruits and give the Auburn pitch, now every single time a kid got high on the radar somebody would appear as a go-between.  A freshly discovered "uncle."  A high school coach.  A principal.  A "family friend."   Every message was filtered through those intermediaries and there was little chance to have an honest conversation.  Each one of those people also asked for some form of quid pro quo before granting an audience with the player.  He said that Saban had found ways to skirt the rules by giving jobs and benefits to girlfriends, the kid's friends and other people around them without directly handing stuff to the players.  He also said Auburn wasn't going to do that stuff and if it meant a few years in the wilderness?  Well, that's what it was going to be.  Wasn't worth it and just not our way. 

The next thing was the steroid program.  Does anybody seriously believe that braying moron Cochran has some miracle weightlifting program that is light years above everybody else?  Does nobody pick up on the fact that the "monsters" in Turdscaloosa typically become meerkats in the NFL?  Ingram off the juice was awful.  Richardson off the juice was terrible. Henry off the juice is a sluggish caveman with little durability. Many of the players coming out of there are suddenly injury magnets in the NFL. 

But they get there. 

At this point they know what they get playing for Saban.  Used up, on TV all the time, fawned over by the media and a shot at the NFL that will fizzle out when the juice remnants wear off.  They hope by that time they've made enough to live.  Like Richardson.  Worthless, but has money now. 

Finally there's the connection with the NCAA.  Saban knows where the dirt on Emmert is buried.  No way will they touch him because if they did, he'd bring the whole house down. 

We are in a non-competitive situation.  No coach, no scheme, no plan can overcome it.  Just like in the 70s, we have to wait this cheating garbage out, keep ourselves as relevant as possible and hope that there's somebody else like Pat Dye out there to crush them when Saban eventually starts to falter and the cracks begin to appear.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »

That ^^^

No matter what it is, they are a machine. Saban has invoked fear in every damn major program. It's obvious to see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »
Good analysis. 

I remember when Saban first got to Tuscaloosa.  First thing he did was run off the hangers on, and all the good old boys who hung around the program.  Really pissed off a friend of mine who'd worked for Stallings and was used to having the run of the athletic complex.  Saban told him to his face to get out and never come back unless he had a specific purpose there.  He wanted Saban fired after his first season.  Would eat the little debbie crumbs out of his turds now.  Then he got control of the booster network. Before it was a wild west show and as inept and corrupt as the war between Tony Soprano and Phil Leotardo. He took charge of that, cut off a bunch of the small fry bag men and put the whole thing in the hands of a select few.  Was able to do it because Mal Moore was old and weak by that point. He also threw a rope around the high school coaches. Hired a bunch of them and gave every single one the hope that one day they, too, could become part of the Bama staff. 

His second year, I ran into an Auburn coach who was in Fairhope doing some recruiting.  He told me that after Saban arrived, the landscape changed.  Where they'd once been able to talk to recruits and give the Auburn pitch, now every single time a kid got high on the radar somebody would appear as a go-between.  A freshly discovered "uncle."  A high school coach.  A principal.  A "family friend."   Every message was filtered through those intermediaries and there was little chance to have an honest conversation.  Each one of those people also asked for some form of quid pro quo before granting an audience with the player.  He said that Saban had found ways to skirt the rules by giving jobs and benefits to girlfriends, the kid's friends and other people around them without directly handing stuff to the players.  He also said Auburn wasn't going to do that stuff and if it meant a few years in the wilderness?  Well, that's what it was going to be.  Wasn't worth it and just not our way. 

The next thing was the steroid program.  Does anybody seriously believe that braying moron Cochran has some miracle weightlifting program that is light years above everybody else?  Does nobody pick up on the fact that the "monsters" in Turdscaloosa typically become meerkats in the NFL?  Ingram off the juice was awful.  Richardson off the juice was terrible. Henry off the juice is a sluggish caveman with little durability. Many of the players coming out of there are suddenly injury magnets in the NFL. 

But they get there. 

At this point they know what they get playing for Saban.  Used up, on TV all the time, fawned over by the media and a shot at the NFL that will fizzle out when the juice remnants wear off.  They hope by that time they've made enough to live.  Like Richardson.  Worthless, but has money now. 

Finally there's the connection with the NCAA.  Saban knows where the dirt on Emmert is buried.  No way will they touch him because if they did, he'd bring the whole house down. 

We are in a non-competitive situation.  No coach, no scheme, no plan can overcome it.  Just like in the 70s, we have to wait this cheating garbage out, keep ourselves as relevant as possible and hope that there's somebody else like Pat Dye out there to crush them when Saban eventually starts to falter and the cracks begin to appear.

And do you think Gus is that man?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 02:06:48 PM »
Good analysis. 

But they get there. 

Last paragraph pretty much sums it up well. Bide time. Keep program above water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
And do you think Gus is that man?
In a word.  Hell no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 02:09:36 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »
This playoff committee is just as subjective (if not more) than the old polls system. All about name branding and sizzle.Screw what happens on the field head to head unless it supports their narrative. It is ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 02:39:40 PM »
This playoff committee is just as subjective (if not more) than the old polls system. All about name branding and sizzle.Screw what happens on the field head to head unless it supports their narrative. It is ridiculous.

Didn't they put fsu ahead of Louisville? Same record. Louisville destroyed them head to head. Fsu will get the better bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 03:24:38 PM »
Didn't they put fsu ahead of Louisville? Same record. Louisville destroyed them head to head. Fsu will get the better bowl.

The talking heads on every sports show are making my head spin with all the possible scenarios after this weekend.  So, the top 4 are Bama, tOSU, Climpsum and Husky Guys.  So Michigan doesn't play in the Big 10 Championship.  UW plays Colorado in the Pac 12 finale.  Does UW have to destroy the Buffs to retain the spot because if they squeak by on a field goal, the committee may jump Michigan to 4th because they killed Colorado earlier this year. tOSU doesn't play in the championship game either.  If Sandusky U whips Badger Badger Badger, shouldn't they jump tOSU because they beat them head to head?  Or would the committee feel that the Buckeyes overall SOS far outweighs the head to head win that PSU got.  But what if Clemson....

Fuck sake, stop it!

However....isn't this the exact reason they chose to toss the BCS rating system and go with a committee?  So the college football playoffs dominate the conversation every single day?  Doesn't matter if it's fair or somebody gets jobbed.  It's the most popular thing going right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions