« on: November 15, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 30 years ago tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:17:36 PM »
Where were you when that happened?  Tell ya' where I was.  Snagette and I had some friends that we took a yearly trip with up to Gatlinburg, before it became so touristy that you couldn't even drive within 5 miles of the place.  We were staying in the duplex that we always stayed in on the outskirts of town.  Perfect setting.  Mountain stream right out the back door.  Huge wood burning fireplace.  Walking distance to everything.

But Snagette and her friend had been doing some reading before the trip.  And they made the corporate decision that we'd all stay in this "Bed & Breakfast" place tucked back in the mountains the last night.  So, we pack up again and head to this big, old house about 15 miles outside of Gatlinburg.  We open the door to our room just as our friends did theirs. Suddenly, two guys were running down the hall towards each other in a panic.  Does your room have a TV?  NO!  Does yours?  NO!!!!  What time is it?  Oh shit, come on ladies, we're headed back into town. Sent the girls shopping while we tried to find the game.

Now mind you, this is when Gatlinburg actually had a bit of an off season and many of the hotels were almost completely vacant.  We couldn't find a bar with the game so we find the nearest hotel.  It hits me what this looks like just about the time the front desk dude asks if he can help us.  "Umm....yeah....do you think you could cut us a deal on a room?  We...me and him...we just need it for a few hours."

Stern look from the manager.

No, no...it's not like that.  We're straight.  See, we're Auburn fans and see...our wives made us stay at this bed & breakfast and see...there aren't any TV's and see...the game is coming on and....

Blank stair

Can we just rent a room? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 09:19:43 PM »
I know.  Cool story, bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 10:41:35 PM »
I hate it when a terrible post detracts from an otherwise good thread. Sorry that happened on the first reply PCT.

I actually was on a date at the game but we left JHS right before the ending. Could hear the mayhem on the outside. Hate that I missed it. Just like the first overtime game. I left early but this time, I was mad.

I really showed them.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:45:20 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

chinook

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:43:40 PM »
I know.  Cool story, bro.

Actually it wasn't. It sucked monkey taint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 04:13:07 AM »
I recall asking for more water pressure.

Now, after Saturday, the mounting Georgia losses sting worse than those to Alabama.
Unacceptable!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 08:11:50 AM »
Actually it wasn't. It sucked monkey taint.

Oh right. Like you and another dude haven't rented a room for a few hours.  Who here hasn't?  Come on, show of hands.

Anyone?

Is this thing on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 08:29:27 AM »
I was there in the upper deck.  On the way out, we stopped as we got to the lower level from the ramp and I ran into my Uncle, whom I hadn't seen in a few years.  We talked for a while about how Brent Fullwood was not down as we watched the dawg fans getting hosed off.  Good times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »
Student section. Left early to get back  and get a bigger coat and hit the frat parties. I lived in Eagles West
at at the time so stumbling up and down the row was a regular post game ritual.

I heard about the hoses later! I wish I would have stayed and seen it. But damn it was cold!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 12:06:42 PM »
Where were you when that happened?  Tell ya' where I was.  Snagette and I had some friends that we took a yearly trip with up to Gatlinburg, before it became so touristy that you couldn't even drive within 5 miles of the place.  We were staying in the duplex that we always stayed in on the outskirts of town.  Perfect setting.  Mountain stream right out the back door.  Huge wood burning fireplace.  Walking distance to everything.

But Snagette and her friend had been doing some reading before the trip.  And they made the corporate decision that we'd all stay in this "Bed & Breakfast" place tucked back in the mountains the last night.  So, we pack up again and head to this big, old house about 15 miles outside of Gatlinburg.  We open the door to our room just as our friends did theirs. Suddenly, two guys were running down the hall towards each other in a panic.  Does your room have a TV?  NO!  Does yours?  NO!!!!  What time is it?  Oh shit, come on ladies, we're headed back into town. Sent the girls shopping while we tried to find the game.

Now mind you, this is when Gatlinburg actually had a bit of an off season and many of the hotels were almost completely vacant.  We couldn't find a bar with the game so we find the nearest hotel.  It hits me what this looks like just about the time the front desk dude asks if he can help us.  "Umm....yeah....do you think you could cut us a deal on a room?  We...me and him...we just need it for a few hours."

Stern look from the manager.

No, no...it's not like that.  We're straight.  See, we're Auburn fans and see...our wives made us stay at this bed & breakfast and see...there aren't any TV's and see...the game is coming on and....

Blank stair

Can we just rent a room?

Ahhh back when you had hair, It was beautiful. Feathered and layered. You just don't see it much these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »
Based on what I remember and looking at the You tube, their students had more running game then we did this past Sat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 03:56:31 PM »

Ahhh back when you had hair, It was beautiful. Feathered and layered. You just don't see it much these days.

It went so great with his polyester pants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »
It went so great with his polyester pants.
The ones he wore to the Vandy game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 04:32:57 PM »
Sansabelt trousers are the comfortable, go anywhere, do anything slacks.  They're reasonably priced and come in a variety of colors for the man on the go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 02:03:03 AM »
Sansabelt trousers are the comfortable, go anywhere, do anything slacks.  They're reasonably priced and come in a variety of colors for the man on the go.
This was true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 07:39:02 AM »
You fellas enjoying that cup of Sanka?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 08:17:44 AM »
Eww that shit is nasty.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »
Eww that shit is nasty.

People still drink that stuff??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 09:00:03 AM »
It doesn't keep me up at night but it helps me poo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 09:13:24 AM »
It doesn't keep me up at night but it helps me poo.
This line is from the advertisement, isn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com