No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Auburn Basketball 2016-2017
« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2016, 08:46:53 PM »
That was a horrible loss.

Yep. Almost had 100 hung on them on their own home floor by an incredibly average team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2016, 08:48:44 PM »
Is there anything we can beat Georgia at? Seriously, there has to be something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »
Yep. Almost had 100 hung on them on their own home floor by an incredibly average team.

Bad thing is, AU was up by as many as 13 and as low as 6 for most of the game.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2016, 09:09:50 PM »
Is there anything we can beat Georgia at? Seriously, there has to be something.

Equestrian, bitches.  No, literally our Equestrian bitches handle that dog ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2016, 12:49:21 AM »
NOPE.
Not ready yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2016, 08:33:21 AM »
Wait till next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2016, 04:29:05 PM »
UGA shot 34 from the line.....34?

We lost composure late in the game. When the jump ball happened, the crowd and Bruce went crazy, and it all went downhill from there. It's like we felt the momentum slipping away and completely lost it after that call.

Offensively, we have to figure out how to get into our offensive sets sooner. We still struggle with knowing what we want to offensively. We had a bunch of assists in the first half and worked the ball inside a good bit. All of that disappeared in the second half, especially late when we needed to slow down and get a bucket.

Defensively, we have to know who were guarding and communicate so much better. Several defensive possessions created fouls for Heron and Purifoy in the first half or got us way too far out of position and allowed easy baskets to Maten and Frazier. Our press was pretty bad, and it cost us a few times by allowing them to get into transition-like situations after our made baskets. We also allowed them to shoot 60+% from the field in the second half, and we didn't do much of anything to force anyone besides Maten or Frazier to beat us.

Sucks we lost, but this team needs a setback or two occasionally to keep them focused.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2017, 07:38:11 PM »
Tigers getting bitch slapped.  Down 17 at the half.  Already given up 46 to Vandy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2017, 07:55:44 PM »
AU basketball showing as bout as much offense as the AU football team.....relatively speaking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2017, 08:57:15 PM »
Gymnastics starts Friday. We'll make up for it then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »
I honestly don't know how Pearl has won as many games as he has.  There's plenty of talent on the floor, but tonight looked just like it has since he arrived.  Helter-skelter, junior high basketball.  Even the announcers were saying, "I get that you want to launch a lot of 3's, but you've got to figure out what your identity is when that's not working.

Folks, it's almost embarrassing to watch this product and then watch ANY team from the ACC or Big 10. Actual offensive sets.  Structure.  Offense with a purpose.  Moving the ball.  Pick and roll.  A center posting up. 

Is it just a matter of recruiting 2-3 great classes and letting them out street ball most opponents?  You guys know I've been the lone dissenter in the bunch.  I've questioned this shit from the start.  I gave him a pass the first few.  Horrible, horrible program with little to no talent.  That's not the case now.  I realize we have several freshmen as main contributors, but that doesn't seem to affect other programs. 

Pearl needs to start getting some structure with this team.  You have a true point guard, Harper.  You have size inside.  You have shooters.  You have slashers, guys who can create.  Give them a plan.  It's obvious they don't have one.

Oh...and a little defense from time to time would be nice.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:31:30 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2017, 10:55:14 PM »
Here's my post from October 19th.

Home at lunch and caught Bruce Pearl's sit down interview from SEC Basketball Media Days.  I'm sure they'll replay it so it's worth the watch if you get a chance.  This team was 11-20 last year but when you hear him talk, as always, you just get the sense that it's just a matter of time before they break out. 

I've been a bit critical of the guy for a few reasons, most notably, because many times it looks like there's no structure out there.  Kareem Canty going one-on-the gym every time he touched the ball.  Cinnabun Bowers going full on bull in a china shop every time he got a rebound.  No set plays.

And I fully get they've been behind the 8-ball with the lack of talent and critical injuries to some of the actual talent they've had.  But, Pearl explained some of his philosophy and Dane Bradshaw, who played for him and was part of the interview backed him up in saying he wants his guys to be free to create, take the shot, even if it's not a good one.  He always wants his guys to have the confidence to play their game. He's pumped about Danjel Purifoy and says the guy can put the ball in the hole.

I'm most stoked about Mustapha Heron.  I think the guy's going be ballin' right off the bat.  Anyway, if you get a chance to see the interview, it will get you psyched about AU Bassetbaw.  Plus, he had some damn fine things to say about Malzahn.

Yeah, he gets you psyched.  But, that philosophy will get you way more nights like tonight than should ever happen.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2017, 02:37:34 AM »
Our usual spot at 13th awaits us.

Now when does softball crank up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2017, 10:57:42 AM »
Fire Jay Jacobs!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »
Fire Jay Jacobs!
Wait...didn't Jay hire the equestrian manager and the softball coach?
Or is it equestrian coach and the softball manager?
Either way, that's some mighty fine hiring right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2017, 08:47:36 AM »
I honestly don't know how Pearl has won as many games as he has.  There's plenty of talent on the floor, but tonight looked just like it has since he arrived.  Helter-skelter, junior high basketball.  Even the announcers were saying, "I get that you want to launch a lot of 3's, but you've got to figure out what your identity is when that's not working.

Folks, it's almost embarrassing to watch this product and then watch ANY team from the ACC or Big 10. Actual offensive sets.  Structure.  Offense with a purpose.  Moving the ball.  Pick and roll.  A center posting up. 

Is it just a matter of recruiting 2-3 great classes and letting them out street ball most opponents?  You guys know I've been the lone dissenter in the bunch.  I've questioned this shit from the start.  I gave him a pass the first few.  Horrible, horrible program with little to no talent.  That's not the case now.  I realize we have several freshmen as main contributors, but that doesn't seem to affect other programs. 

Pearl needs to start getting some structure with this team.  You have a true point guard, Harper.  You have size inside.  You have shooters.  You have slashers, guys who can create.  Give them a plan.  It's obvious they don't have one.

unfortunately this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2017, 09:00:55 AM »
unfortunately this...

I hope they reel off 8 straight and become the talk of the league.  They have plenty of talent in Heron, Purifoy, Harper, Dunnans etc. and we've seen what can happen when they get hot.  It's pretty impressive.  But without any real structure, I feel like we're going to see way more of what happened Wednesday than we should.

We've got Ole Miss at home Saturday and Missouri on the road, both winnable games before going to Rupp. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2017, 10:50:48 AM »

I get what you are saying and don't disagree.  However unlike our recent football coaches, this is a long time coach  who knows what he is doing and has been successful everywhere he has been. 

It isn't like he changed his coaching philosophy and is "trying" something out.  This is the way he coaches.

No reason to think that he isn't going to be successful at Auburn.

Bottom Line: With the shambles our program was in...still way to early IMHO to question the dude. Y'all want NCAA final four now, let him do his thing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:56:00 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2017, 10:58:43 AM »
I get what you are saying and don't disagree.  However unlike our recent football coaches, this is a long time coach  who knows what he is doing and has been successful everywhere he has been. 

It isn't like he changed his coaching philosophy and is "trying" something out.  This is the way he coaches.

No reason to think that he isn't going to be successful at Auburn.

Bottom Line: With the shambles our program was in...still way to early IMHO to question the dude. Y'all want NCAA final four now, let him do his thing.

His Auburn teams don't look like his old UT teams that were so good. I thought it was because he didn't have athletes, but that's not the case now. I don't know what it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions