Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Basketball 2016-2017

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Auburn Basketball 2016-2017
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2016, 02:51:27 PM »
Auburn beats Mercer on a buzzer beater, fall-away 3 point shot by TJ Dunans. 1.4 seconds left to in-bound from half court.  Catch, shoot, splash!  #winning

Unfortunately, a couple of missed free throws and a horrible goal tending call at the end allowed Mercer to go ahead late.  And whoever the dumb bitch was doing the color commentating, needs to start doing girls' HS basketball games.  Never once got Dununs name right.

Oh...and Austin Wiley is going to pay big dividends.  9 pts and 3 rebounds in his very first action of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2016, 02:56:18 PM »
Auburn beats Mercer on a buzzer beater, fall-away 3 point shot by TJ Dunans. 1.4 seconds left to in-bound from half court.  Catch, shoot, splash!  #winning

Unfortunately, a couple of missed free throws and a horrible goal tending call at the end allowed Mercer to go ahead late.  And whoever the dumb bitch was doing the color commentating, needs to start doing girls' HS basketball games.  Never once got Dununs name right.

Oh...and Austin Wiley is going to pay big dividends.  9 pts and 3 rebounds in his very first action of the season.

I watched. I thought this was a pretty complete game by AU considering there was some horrible calls. Looking forward to see how we fair against the Sooners and UCONN.

https://streamable.com/ss0p1
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:42:02 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2016, 11:22:56 PM »
I watched. I thought this was a pretty complete game by AU considering there was some horrible calls. Looking forward to see how we fair against the Sooners and UCONN.

https://streamable.com/ss0p1

I bet we can do this shit better than anybody.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2016, 12:05:49 AM »

As long as better than a one horse pony.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2016, 09:22:25 AM »

Yeah, last season he was a pixie-dust spreader on the Tilt-O-Whirl. He thinks that maybe next year, He'll be guessing people's weight or barking for the Yak woman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2016, 09:28:56 AM »
Ugly as sin, but she's a hell of a cook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2016, 10:26:26 AM »
Ugly as sin, but she's a hell of a cook.

Sweet lady
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2016, 10:29:32 AM »
She's got these big horns growing right out above her ears.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »
Unfortunately, a couple of missed free throws and a horrible goal tending call at the end allowed Mercer to go ahead late.
I see a lot of people saying it was a terrible call, but it was definitely goal tending. Dumb move by Dunans. Glad he made up for it with that game winning buzzer beater.

Now, the refs were quick to legitimize Mercer flops with dumb foul calls, IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2016, 12:13:37 PM »
I see a lot of people saying it was a terrible call, but it was definitely goal tending. Dumb move by Dunans. Glad he made up for it with that game winning buzzer beater.

Now, the refs were quick to legitimize Mercer flops with dumb foul calls, IMO.

All about the camera angle.  I saw two shots that showed the first AU player touching it prior to the "goal tend".  Then they showed another angle that looked like he didn't.  The problem for me was that the Auburn players' reaction about tipping it was immediate.  He knew he touched it prior to Dunans.  The other problem was that it was easily reviewable.  Pearl was begging and pleading for them to take a look at it and they refused.  It might not have overturned the call but with a call that big at that point in the game, that could have been the difference in winning or losing....and you won't review it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2016, 01:14:19 PM »
All about the camera angle.  I saw two shots that showed the first AU player touching it prior to the "goal tend".  Then they showed another angle that looked like he didn't.  The problem for me was that the Auburn players' reaction about tipping it was immediate.  He knew he touched it prior to Dunans.  The other problem was that it was easily reviewable.  Pearl was begging and pleading for them to take a look at it and they refused.  It might not have overturned the call but with a call that big at that point in the game, that could have been the difference in winning or losing....and you won't review it?

This. But this is assuming that the rule states that if the ball is tipped, there is no goal tending even after it hits the backboard. I have no idea what the rule is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2016, 01:52:21 PM »
This. But this is assuming that the rule states that if the ball is tipped, there is no goal tending even after it hits the backboard. I have no idea what the rule is...

Egg-Zellent point.  I almost assume it's like a tipped pass in football.  Tipped at the line, go ahead and tackle the receiver.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »
Egg-Zellent point.  I almost assume it's like a tipped pass in football.  Tipped at the line, go ahead and tackle the receiver.

You just like the thought of a bunch of sweaty menses jumping on you when their balls have been touched.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2016, 02:06:32 PM »
You just like the thought of a bunch of sweaty menses jumping on you when their balls have been touched.

It's like you're in my head all the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »
It's like you're in my head all the time.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2016, 03:00:28 PM »

I've got 3 words for those men.  Dee-lish-us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2016, 05:51:33 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goaltending
In basketball, goaltending is the violation of interfering with the ball while it's on its way to the basket and it is (a) in a downward flight, (b) entirely above the rim and has the possibility of entering the basket, and (c) not touching the rim. In NCAA basketball, WNBA and NBA basketball, goaltending is also called if the ball has already touched the backboard while being above the height of the rim in its flight, regardless of whether it being in an upward or downward flight or whether it is directly above the rim.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »
Thanks Wiki Webster.  But the question remains.  If the ball is deflected by the defender prior to getting to that point, is it still goal tending?  The players and Pearl were both arguing that it was not and Pearl was calling for a review.

It may still be GT.  I have no clue but our coach seems to think it's not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2016, 09:19:26 AM »
Either way, Dunans told those refs to suck it while he was riding on his teammates' shoulders after making the game winner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.