Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Basketball 2016-2017

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Auburn Basketball 2016-2017
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »
Perfect assessment.

I still don't know why they aren't pressuring full court like Pearl's team used to do at UT. It seems this brand of basketball would fit into the full court chaos.

Agreed. Didn't see the first game so I don't know how they played D.  I can only guess that they backed off because the refs were calling every ticky tack foul and they didn't want to get in foul trouble.  Really slowed the game down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2016, 10:30:40 AM »
.500 in the SEC would be quite an accomplishment given our lack of an inside presence.
Maybe the Wiley kid coming in next season can eventually put us into the top echelon of the conference.

The way I understand it, Wiley will be able to come in sometime in December.  That should be a huge boost to the inside play.  That being said, Horace Spencer looked much more aggressive in game 2 underneath. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 01:14:29 PM »
The way I understand it, Wiley will be able to come in sometime in December.  That should be a huge boost to the inside play.  That being said, Horace Spencer looked much more aggressive in game 2 underneath.

Agree. Spencer has looked like he has improved since last year. He could end up being a pretty damn good rim protector.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »
Agree. Spencer has looked like he has improved since last year. He could end up being a pretty damn good rim protector.

Sounds like he's our rim job guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 10:54:45 AM »
Sounds like he's our rim job guy.
Spencer don't play that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 10:16:21 PM »
AU up 3 at the half. Great first 2 minutes. Great last 4 minutes.  Moldy dog shit in between.  At one point, 10 missed field goals and 1-7 from the line.  Closed the half looking like the athletic, in your face team we're hoping for. 

Purifoy is the man.  Heron is solid.  And Spencer is becoming a wild man around the hoop.  He may have ZERO post up moves, but he's flying around in the paint and I can live with that.  Harper is the consummate point guard but dude, get it under control.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2016, 11:24:03 PM »
Tigers win by 20+.  Dominated the second half.  Go ahead and get the negative out of the way.  Free throws.  Free throws.  Free throws.  Horrible.  Nuff said!

Second half showed why we should be excited about this club.  Mustapha Heron had 22 and a lot of other shit.  But there were 3 guys that came up big and pointed out why this team could make some waves.

LaRon Smith  6'8" 215 transfer from Bethune-Cookman was blocking shots, rebounding and getting put backs all night long.  Nice addition.

Anfernee McLemore  6'7" 210 was all over the place.  Scoring, rebounding, playing D. 

Ronnie Johnson  6' 0" 180 guard.  He was the man in the second half.  Perfect point guard.  Dribble, drive and dish.  Plenty of scoring.  Senior that will really pay dividends.

They are raw as hell! But damn, I like this team. They're going to frustrate the hell out us us but more often than not, they'll keep us pumped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 09:39:06 AM »
LaRon Smith  6'8" 215 transfer from Bethune-Cookman was blocking shots, rebounding and getting put backs all night long.  Nice addition.

I was on a plane and didn't watch game last night...but have you seen this dude shoot free throws yet? I would hack-a-shaq his ass every time he touched the ball. If he makes over 30% of free throws this year, I will be amazed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2016, 09:48:01 AM »
I was on a plane and didn't watch game last night...but have you seen this dude shoot free throws yet? I would hack-a-shaq his ass every time he touched the ball. If he makes over 30% of free throws this year, I will be amazed.

Can't say I've watched him specifically, but he can't be much worse than the rest of them.  AU was 25-42 from the line, one of which was an air ball.  An air ball from the free throw line.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »
Can't say I've watched him specifically, but he can't be much worse than the rest of them.  AU was 25-42 from the line, one of which was an air ball.  An air ball from the free throw line.
Let's just say he ain't got no alibi.

As for the overall team play...you can see that there are some superstars out there.  The problem with superstars is that they think sometimes they can just show up and win.  When they decide to start really playing though, they can run you out of the gym. 

I only saw about the last 15 minutes last night.  When I turned it over, Auburn was up 8.  Just a minute later, EKU was playing like they were on speed and our guys were just stunned looking.  Then, Auburn was only up 2 before you knew it, and they were all just looking around at each other like WTF?  A timeout and a come to Jesus talk from Bruce later, they looked like a mid-90's Arkansas team and a couple of minutes later they are up 20.

Keeping these guys hungry and motivated will be Bruce's biggest challenge this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2016, 01:06:39 PM »

haha...I promise he is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2016, 01:11:12 PM »
What the heck is this problem with Auburn and hitting damn free throws? Seriously. It seems like this is a never ending issue that has been going on for years now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 01:17:32 PM »
What the heck is this problem with Auburn and hitting damn free throws? Seriously. It seems like this is a never ending issue that has been going on for years now.

Seems like football and basketball can be alike sometimes.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »

thanks for fucking up another thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »
thanks for fucking up another thread.

Its Friday, thought I would help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »
haha...I promise he is...

It's sad when you shoot an air ball on a free throw and your own fans taunt you with the air ball chant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 04:31:43 PM »

I am not concerned about the football teams free throw shooting, jackass.

Words cannot describe how much I hate you sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 05:18:39 PM »
I am not concerned about the football teams free throw shooting, jackass.

Words cannot describe how much I hate you sometimes.

You have a good weekend to.   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »

You have a good weekend to.   :thumsup:

How can he, there is nothing to do down there unless he and Snaggles is cruisn Ross Clark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2016, 01:01:52 AM »
How can he, there is nothing to do down there unless he and Snaggles is cruisn Ross Clark.
You are just jealous is alls you are. Cause you don't cruise the circle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com