Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

First Amendment? Only if you agree

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: First Amendment? Only if you agree
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »
Or read a book. 

I think he should start slow, though.  Maybe some Skippyjon Jones or Geronimo Stilton.
Read this, nice and slow...or have someone read it to you.

America is a nation founded on protest. There is nothing more patriotic than using our first amendment right to push for change. The first amendment is not a trophy to look back on as a memory of our past accomplishments, it's a valuable tool that has been and will continue to be used to push for progress.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »

America is a nation founded on protest. There is nothing more patriotic than using our first amendment right to push for change. The first amendment is not a trophy to look back on as a memory of our past accomplishments, it's a valuable tool that has been and will continue to be used to push for progress.
There's some conflation going on here.

Are you supporting the Auburn protest or the Berkley riot?

Other than some eye-rolling, I'm fine with protesting as they did in Auburn. I'm not ok with burning shit to the ground, beating the ever-loving shit out of people in the streets because a gay Jewish immigrant dared to speak an opinion they disagreed with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »

America is a nation founded on protest.
There is nothing more patriotic than using our first amendment right to push for change. The first amendment is not a trophy to look back on as a memory of our past accomplishments, it's a valuable tool that has been and will continue to be used to push for progress.

I understand this, but please explain where the burning, looting and distroying OTHER PEOPLES property come in?

Edit:  Same thing as above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2017, 04:40:14 PM »

Other than some eye-rolling, I'm fine with protesting as they did in Auburn. I'm not ok with burning shit to the ground, beating the ever-loving shit out of people in the streets because a gay Jewish immigrant dared to speak an opinion they disagreed with.

I don't agree with all peaceful protests.  I do however support their right to peacefully protest all day every day.  Rioting is a different story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »
I don't agree with all peaceful protests.  I do however support their right to peacefully protest all day every day.  Rioting is a different story.

Agreed.  I read the article on the Auburn protest.  They estimated about 190 people.  Peaceful and they got their message out there. Now having said that, in this case, I don't agree with that message and some of it is just plain ill-informed. I understand someone being upset that their parents won't be able to visit from Iran, but you're not an American citizen.  You're going to Auburn on Federal aide.  Neither the U.S. of A nor the world is a perfect place.  We're getting some things sorted out right now under a new administration.  Suck it up, buttercup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »

As I've said before, I agree with protests...it's what this Country was founded on. It's the 1st Amendment for a reason. Protest is not the same as riots. Regarding the Berkeley riots, it was a peaceful protest, until reportedly 100 or so masked people came in throwing molotov cocktails and commercial grade fireworks.

Berkeley protest - Good
Berkeley riot - Bad

Auburn protest - Good

Ferguson protest - Good
Ferguson riot - Bad

Women's March protest - Good
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2017, 07:03:05 PM »
As I've said before, I agree with protests...it's what this Country was founded on. It's the 1st Amendment for a reason. Protest is not the same as riots. Regarding the Berkeley riots, it was a peaceful protest, until reportedly 100 or so masked people came in throwing molotov roostertails and commercial grade fireworks.

Berkeley protest - Good
Berkeley riot - Bad

Auburn protest - Good

Ferguson protest - Good
Ferguson riot - Bad

Women's March protest - Good

And the March for Life?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2017, 08:48:00 PM »
And the March for Life?

He doesn't agree with it, so - bad.

It's also funny he thinks the women's March was good. To say it was x rated is probably an understatement. Also funny he thinks there was a peaceful protest in ferguson. Just riots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2017, 08:55:29 PM »

It's also funny he thinks the women's March was good. To say it was x rated is probably an understatement. Also funny he thinks there was a peaceful protest in ferguson. Just riots.

I'm a naaaaaaasty women not as nasty as the man that bathes in Cheeto dust.

or

I have thought about blowing up the Whitehouse.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:57:53 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 09:37:02 PM »

There were peaceful protests and rallies in Ferguson, there were police officers that walked with the protesters. Funny, you think it was just riots in Ferguson...fucking dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 11:44:23 PM »
There were peaceful protests and rallies in Ferguson, there were police officers that walked with the protesters. Funny, you think it was just riots in Ferguson...fucking dumbass.

Could you please return some of the platters on which you keep getting your ass served to you? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 12:44:49 AM »
Could you please return some of the platters on which you keep getting your ass served to you?
If you weren't so goddamn blind maybe you'd realize who is getting their ass served. You would be the main one.

Still think it's not a Muslim ban? Here's your ass, served piping hot.
Still think killing protesters is the American way? Here's your ass, served piping hot.
Still whining and complaining about how Trump is being treated? Here's yout ass, served piping hot.
Still think Melania Trump is a legal American? Here's your ass, served piping hot.
Still moving the goal post to try and win the argument? Here's your ass, served piping hot.

#YouAreDone
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions