Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bruuuce

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Bruuuce
« on: October 19, 2016, 01:41:32 PM »
Home at lunch and caught Bruce Pearl's sit down interview from SEC Basketball Media Days.  I'm sure they'll replay it so it's worth the watch if you get a chance.  This team was 11-20 last year but when you hear him talk, as always, you just get the sense that it's just a matter of time before they break out. 

I've been a bit critical of the guy for a few reasons, most notably, because many times it looks like there's no structure out there.  Kareem Canty going one-on-the gym every time he touched the ball.  Cinnabun Bowers going full on bull in a china shop every time he got a rebound.  No set plays.

And I fully get they've been behind the 8-ball with the lack of talent and critical injuries to some of the actual talent they've had.  But, Pearl explained some of his philosophy and Dane Bradshaw, who played for him and was part of the interview backed him up in saying he wants his guys to be free to create, take the shot, even if it's not a good one.  He always wants his guys to have the confidence to play their game.  He's pumped about Danjel Purifoy and says the guy can put the ball in the hole.

I'm most stoked about Mustapha Heron.  I think the guy's going be ballin' right off the bat.  Anyway, if you get a chance to see the interview, it will get you psyched about AU Bassetbaw.  Plus, he had some damn fine things to say about Malzahn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Bruuuce
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 01:52:43 PM »
Realize we have no heighth but we have to be better than the media pick of 11th in the conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »
Realize we have no heighth but we have to be better than the media pick of 11th in the conference.

Actually, that's higher than I would have thought.  Coming off 11-20 and given Auburn's stellar history on the court, that's probably getting some love.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 02:36:18 PM »
Pearl is going to grab the SEC by the pussy this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 02:42:18 PM »

I didn't even know we had a cat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 02:46:19 PM »

They'll be battle tested by the time they get to the conference games.  The last two before that are Oklahoma and UConn.  I do love what Pearl has done with the OOC schedule.  We don't play Montevallo 12 times anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 02:53:07 PM »
I didn't even know we had a cat

It's great.  We've got a litterbox and everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 06:37:19 PM »
I'm most stoked about Mustapha Heron.

Don't get your hopes up. We are screwed when Trump wins....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »
I too have great hope and expectations for the season. The West is ours for the taking, and it will be made easier if we can improve upon our ability to throw the ball into the ring from the free throw line. That's been an issue for us for quite a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

jmar

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »
I too have great hope and expectations for the season. The West is ours for the taking, and it will be made easier if we can improve upon our ability to throw the ball into the ring from the free throw line. That's been an issue for us for quite a while.
We should eliminate errant passes to the opposing team as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »

And the sec has some might fine pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 11:32:27 AM »

It seems lately getting any ball into the position which awards us points in any sports has been a struggle.

Except women's softball, they know where the ball goes.  :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 12:20:36 PM »

It seems lately getting any ball into the position which awards us points in any sports has been a struggle.

Except women's softball, they know where the ball goes.  :gig:

But do they really prefer them....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.