Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

JJ to Start Against Alabama A&M and Possibly Alabama

chinook

Re: JJ to Start Against Alabama A&M and Possibly Alabama
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2016, 12:49:52 AM »
Jeremy Johnson 14-of-19 for 147 yards and 1 TD, 6 carries for 42 yards and 2 TDs

Was this okay for some of y'all or do you need some help moving off the bus? I know a short armed fella that will help move.

no most of us aren't democrats...we can get
on or off the bus just fine...on our own. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2016, 12:58:09 AM »
Left early in the 2nd qtr as my date was getting cold and so was I.

And nice to not fight traffic.

Listened to remainder of game and I'm pleased with performance. I just want our best game next week. It would be a sweet win. So sweet, even if there's only bragging rights riding on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 12:59:33 AM »
Just got back from the Planes.  Agree with CCT for the most part.  No, not pimping JJ for Heisman.  Just saying especially in the first half, he was on the money with every throw. Had at least 2 drops, the worst one being a deep out route that he dropped in perfectly between two defenders and KDavis just plain dropped.  Otherwise, they kept it pretty simple.  Just glad he got to throw 19 passes.  That will help going into next week. 

Spot on with Taylor looking good and Holsey letting everything get behind him.  Think about it, though.  Vandy had guys behind us all day and Georgia made them look like they were running in quicksand.  That's the one thing that needs serious attention this week.  Otherwise, this defense is playing as good or better than any D we've had, even throughout the Tubby era.

In fact, we're giving up just barely over 14 points a game.  And that's rotating in a new group every single series. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 01:05:54 AM »
I believe that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2016, 01:07:51 AM »
I will add, I actually think we match up pretty well with the bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »
Jeremy looked great and I hope he gets the start (and maintains his composure) against Bama.  His last snap in JH was a touchdown.  Kudos to the young man for sticking with it and not transferring out to finish/start at another school.

JF3 was productive in his role..against a lesser opponent.  The kid is lightning quick, but Bama's defense will snap him in half if given half a chance.  I really didn't understand the subbing out of JJ for Franklin.  There's plenty of "tape" on JF3 to distract Pruett if that was the intent and Johnson could use the live reps.

Kam Martin was impressive not only with his speed, but his willingness to get between the tackles as well.

I think we can dispel the rumors that Tyler Queen has any lingering problems with his surgery.  Surely the coaches don't run the kid out there if he's not been medically cleared.  It was meaningless, but still happy to see another warm body available if needed.

All in all, it was what it should be every time we play AA&M, regardless of the seasonal zeitgeist or roster for Auburn.

Nearly forgot: Clint Fucking Stoerner should never be invited into a broadcast booth again.  Fucking foghorn-voiced stump-licker was worthless and hard to listen to.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:38:56 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2016, 02:18:22 PM »
Jeremy looked great and I hope he gets the start (and maintains his composure) against Bama.  His last snap in JH was a touchdown.  Kudos to the young man for sticking with it and not transferring out to finish/start at another school.

JF3 was productive in his role..against a lesser opponent.  The kid is lightning quick, but Bama's defense will snap him in half if given half a chance.  I really didn't understand the subbing out of JJ for Franklin.  There's plenty of "tape" on JF3 to distract Pruett if that was the intent and Johnson could use the live reps.

Kam Martin was impressive not only with his speed, but his willingness to get between the tackles as well.

I think we can dispel the rumors that Tyler Queen has any lingering problems with his surgery.  Surely the coaches don't run the kid out there if he's not been medically cleared.  It was meaningless, but still happy to see another warm body available if needed.

All in all, it was what it should be every time we play AA&M, regardless of the seasonal zeitgeist or roster for Auburn.

Nearly forgot: Clint Fucking Stoerner should never be invited into a broadcast booth again.  Fucking foghorn-voiced stump-licker was worthless and hard to listen to.

I actually feel bad how JJ has been handled. So much promise. On paper he is prototype. Size, speed, arm, he knows the game, he's a hard worker, smart kid, keeps his nose clean. Just hate how this panned out for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE