College Football Playoff Poll...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: College Football Playoff Poll...
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 03:17:00 PM »
This is pretty damn interesting.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-college-football-predictions/

As it stands Bama has a 58% chance of winning the conference and 76% chance of making the playoffs. Auburn has an 11% chance of winning the conference and 11% chance of making the playoffs.

If Bama loses to LSU this week, Bama has a 40% chance of winning the conference and 60% chance of making the playoffs. Auburn would have an 12% chance of winning the conference and 12% chance of making the playoffs.

If Bama wins this weekend and Auburn wins out, Bama has an 11% chance of winning the conference and 55% chance of making the playoff. Auburn has a 72% chance of winning the conference and 70% chance of making the playoffs.

You can get statistical probabilities for unlimited scenarios. Pretty cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 03:18:40 PM »
Really not any different from our situation we win out and aTm loses one to ole miss or LSU. Auburn wins the SEC Championship game we'll be in the playoffs.

I guess you could argue that we have a better shot at dropping one (for LSU) than aTm does of dropping one (for Auburn) but both teams still have to win out, and both still have to play bama.

So I would say we are sitting just as pretty.

It's like I say it. Someone says I don't know what I'm talking about, then everyone agrees with what I said and starts to repeat it as their own post...

I post the facts.

LSU will be in the playoffs provided they win out, Auburn falls to either UGA or bama, and they win the SEC Championship.
LSU's remaining games:
#1 bama
Arkansas
#11 Florida
#4 aTm

So, yeah, LSU is sitting pretty as is Auburn.

Auburn will be in the playoffs provided they win out, aTm falls to either Ole Miss or LSU, and they win the SEC Championship game.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 03:25:40 PM »
It's like I say it. Someone says I don't know what I'm talking about, then everyone agrees with what I said and starts to repeat it as their own post...

not saying your facts were wrong never did...fairly obvious observation on your part.

i just felt like I smelled a whiff of corndog. 

you're awesome prowler.   

another scenario you guys are overlooking: florida loses to arkansas while kentucky stomps a mud hole in georgia.  troy beats umass and snaggle eats at hartz chicken in eufaula on the way home after the auburn game. 

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:15:29 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 04:53:56 PM »

as if anyone reads your posts.   *snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 04:58:32 PM »
not saying your facts were wrong never did...fairly obvious observation on your part.

i just felt like I smelled a whiff of corndog. 

you're awesome prowler.   
I do like corndogs...who doesn't?

I am pulling for LSU to win out. One, because I like Coach Orgeron and I believe he is the perfect fit for LSU, being that he's a Ragin' Cajun. Two, because it makes Auburn look better, being that is Auburn's biggest win to date. Three, because it helps Auburn, provided Auburn can win out too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 05:35:49 PM »
I haven't seen anyone else mention but here's something I thought of.

LSU will be in the playoffs provided they win out, Auburn falls to either UGA or bama, and they win the SEC Championship.

Just an FYI
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 05:48:54 PM »
I haven't seen anyone else mention but here's something I thought of.

Just an FYI

Or Florida loses to Arkansas while Kentucky stomps a mud hole in Georgia.  Troy beats UMass and I eat at Hartz Chicken in Eufaula on the way home after the Auburn game.  Anyone thought of that scenario?  Huh? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 05:49:29 PM »
I say let it be Yaw Yaw that takes down A&M. They stand a better chance of running on Chief's crew and making a game of it with limited passing.

We have better balance and stand a better chance of beating the Turds, plus it's our place to do it anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 06:16:07 PM »
Or Florida loses to Arkansas while Kentucky stomps a mud hole in Georgia.  Troy beats UMass and I eat at Hartz Chicken in Eufaula on the way home after the Auburn game.  Anyone thought of that scenario?  Huh?

uh...i did look above in my last post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 06:43:27 PM »
I do like corndogs...who doesn't?

I am pulling for LSU to win out. One, because I like Coach Orgeron and I believe he is the perfect fit for LSU, being that he's a Ragin' Cajun. Two, because it makes Auburn look better, being that is Auburn's biggest win to date. Three, because it helps Auburn, provided Auburn can win out too.

Agree with all but wanting lsu to make a good hire. I want them to make a shit hire. Dinardo/Hallman bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »

Unless you didn't. Just read the facts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 07:16:32 PM »

May a crazed camel jockey give your sister a hysterectomy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 04:44:27 AM »
Orgeron can't beat Alabama with a one dimensional offense. It's a stretch to think LSU can derail A&M two days before the Iron Bowl but it's likelier to happen.

I don't care for the rest of the SEC because the honks had Auburn taking a backseat with minor bowl possibilities while raising up Rocky Top, the Kirby's and the McElwain's.
And LSU always gets the benefit. Now we have to contend with Texas A&M getting more respect but at least they earned it on the field.
Fuck the rest of the conference. I only have one allegiance.
WDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 07:50:30 AM »
I want to be the one that ruins their season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »
fudge the rest of the conference. I only have one allegiance.
WDE!

#ConferenceOfOne
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
Orgeron can't beat Alabama with a one dimensional offense. It's a stretch to think LSU can derail A&M two days before the Iron Bowl but it's likelier to happen.

So we stand no chance against the mighty tahd?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2016, 11:12:55 AM »
So we stand no chance against the mighty tahd?
We have a scrappy defense. This defense makes stops and tackles well. We know how to seal the edges which will limit Hurts' effectiveness overall because the bulk of his game is based on him running it.
Limit his end runs and we can defend the pass much better.

We have a balanced offense.
Our offensive line is very good as a unit.
We have a dump truck running downhill.
We are doing much better on first downs which is extending drives and making opponents guess.

We have Legatron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 11:14:35 AM »
Has it been discussed yet that LSU is in the playoffs if they win out?  I'll hang up an lissen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 11:22:02 AM »
We will win out.

LSU will beat A&M.

Book it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 02:36:05 PM »
Has it been discussed yet that LSU is in the playoffs if they win out?  I'll hang up an lissen.

If. If. Big if.

Just read the posted facts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE