Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gus Talks the 'Dores

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Gus Talks the 'Dores
« on: November 01, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »
Quotes from reports on the al.com and some translation efforts by yours truely

Malzahn lauds Vanderbilt's defense and the team's league-leading turnover margin.

-- Vandy running back Ralph Webb is "one of the better players in our league."

-- Vandy has Auburn's "full attention" especially with the early kickoff time.

-- On Vanderbilt's Zach Cunningham: "He's one of the better defensive players in our league." Malzahn recruited Cunningham while he was at Arkansas State.

-- On Vandy's defense: "They're a real defense." Notes how impressive it is to be giving up just 15 points per game this late in the season.

We are gonna block #17 and the rest will take care of itself. Have you seen their offense? Makes us last year look awesome.

-- On Kamryn Pettway's move from H-back to running back: "He picked up right where he left off in high school... He's still learning as he goes, but he's a real weapon right now."

-- On Pettway's intimidation factor: "He's running so physical. He does look people up. I told him it's OK every now and then to fake and run by them."

We are certain Kamryn is going to hurt someone badly this year. Amazing we almost had him at backup fullback, ain't it?

-- On looking ahead: "If you look ahead in this league, you'll get burned." Said Auburn is 100 percent locked in on Vanderbilt and isn't worried about national perception of team.

I don't give a scrambled, smothered, covered hash brown what anybody says about us. You seen my BMW? Mic drop. Let's pray.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Gus Talks the 'Dores
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 02:41:25 PM »
I laughed at this.

-- On Pettway's intimidation factor: "He's running so physical. He does look people up. I told him it's OK every now and then to fake and run by them."

Back in the old days, Reggie Ware broke into the secondary over the right side. The only person left was the safety.  Reggie turned and ran straight toward the safety, ran over him, and then fell down. It was almost as if he had no idea how to run without being hit. Sometimes it is just in your DNA.

Pettway is faster with better feet though. I also feel his penchant for attacking defenders is what keeps him from getting hurt. When he squares up, its like hitting a dump truck head on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.