Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ATL Is Still In Play

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
ATL Is Still In Play
« on: October 24, 2016, 08:52:49 AM »
We'll need some help, but if we take care of business it's a very real possibility.

We'll need another SEC loss for A&M from one of these: Miss St, OM, LSU.

Of that list, LSU seems most likely, but OM could still rise up and smack around a defense that is as statistically horrible as A&M's.

As for the Tigers from the Plains we have:

OM - Dangerous offensively, but our unit is proving itself to be dominant.  Plus, OM can't stop the run...we may set another record against them.

Vandy - Salty defense, but we've got depth and real SEC players.

Georgia - Always a bit of a crapshoot, but I've seen nothing from Larry Culpepper's crew that gives me much concern.

Alabama A&M - Hey...we get a holiday.

Alabama - Here's where it'll be for all the marbles (who thought we'd say that after the Sep 3 debacle?).  Hurts has shown a propensity to cake his pants when facing pressure.  Luckily our front 4 can bring him just a little bit of that.  The key to playing bama is to play mistake-free ball.  We haven't shown a great propensity to turn the ball over...and we'll need to double down on that aspect of this one.

Hang on fellas...it's going to be a wild finish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: ATL Is Still In Play
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 08:54:31 AM »
You get me hot and bothered
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:43:27 AM »
I think it's amazing how my perceptions have changed since the end of last year.  In fact, my mind has been a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

After last season, I was doubtful we'd ever get much better under Malzahn.  I gave him a pass on the clustertruck of play calling and QB switching, attributing it to plan A, JJ being the shit and throwing 20 TD passes to the greatest WR evah, going head first in the dumper.  It threw everything off. I was more worried about what I had said many times.  I think we were weak.  I think our strength program was nothing more than glorified crossfit, bro.

Then, hope! Something changed.  It's like they all realized 4 and 5 star kids were getting their shit pushed on a consistent basis.  So, almost across the board, guys were significantly bigger and stronger coming into this season. Okay, settle on a QB, Malzahn takes the play calling over and let's get back to doing that voodoo that we do so well.

Then, despair!  Clemson.  And my thoughts were that I might finally have to give in and agree with all the detractors who've been whining that Malzahn is nothing more than a H.S. Coach who runs a.....wait for it....gimmicky offense.  How could you look at that game and think anything else?

Anyway, fast forward to right now where, as Wes pointed out, with a little help, we control our own destiny.  What changed? I think Gus might have finally realized he may be overmatched at this level when trying to do it all himself.  He pretty much said so and has stepped back and let his coaches coach.  And guess what?  By year's end, Lashlee may be the hot boy wonder again in college football.

Sounds kind of like...what was that guy's name again?  Oh yeah, Tom Herman.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 11:00:24 AM »
I think it's amazing how my perceptions have changed since the end of last year.  In fact, my mind has been a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

After last season, I was doubtful we'd ever get much better under Malzahn.  I gave him a pass on the clustertruck of play calling and QB switching, attributing it to plan A, JJ being the shit and throwing 20 TD passes to the greatest WR evah, going head first in the dumper.  It threw everything off. I was more worried about what I had said many times.  I think we were weak.  I think our strength program was nothing more than glorified crossfit, bro.

Then, hope! Something changed.  It's like they all realized 4 and 5 star kids were getting their shit pushed on a consistent basis.  So, almost across the board, guys were significantly bigger and stronger coming into this season. Okay, settle on a QB, Malzahn takes the play calling over and let's get back to doing that voodoo that we do so well.

Then, despair!  Clemson.  And my thoughts were that I might finally have to give in and agree with all the detractors who've been whining that Malzahn is nothing more than a H.S. Coach who runs a.....wait for it....gimmicky offense.  How could you look at that game and think anything else?

Anyway, fast forward to right now where, as Wes pointed out, with a little help, we control our own destiny.  What changed? I think Gus might have finally realized he may be overmatched at this level when trying to do it all himself.  He pretty much said so and has stepped back and let his coaches coach.  And guess what?  By year's end, Lashlee may be the hot boy wonder again in college football.

Sounds kind of like...what was that guy's name again?  Oh yeah, Tom Herman.   

It helps when you have guys like this running the football.....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 11:12:23 AM »
It helps when you have guys like this running the football.....

Like I stated earlier, I like KJ, but Pettway is just BRUTAL. He is #1 easily. he reminds me of the Bus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 11:25:07 AM »
Like I stated earlier, I like KJ, but Pettway is just BRUTAL. He is #1 easily. he reminds me of the Bus.

Pettway runs like he is pissed off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »

Yep.  That Bubba can really run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 11:47:10 AM »

Woopig called him fat. I'm not gonna call him that. On here or to his face. I'm not sure I'm going to call anyone anything demeaning when they just had a big hand in setting the all time sec rushing game record on me.

The boy good. Real good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »
Woopig called him fat. I'm not gonna call him that. On here or to his face. I'm not sure I'm going to call anyone anything demeaning when they just had a big hand in setting the all time sec rushing game record on me.

The boy good. Real good.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 12:25:59 PM »
We back baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 12:28:25 PM »
You can say that again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 12:29:39 PM »
You can say that again.

And again!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 01:49:18 PM »
Yep.  That Bubba can really run.

Who is Bubba?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
Lemme inject a little dose of reality in here before we pencil the Tigers in playing the Pats in the Super Bowl...

MSU and Arkansas have abysmal run defenses.  Ole Miss may be even worse, so it hopefully won't show up this weekend, but if Auburn can't just force its will running the ball it could be a long day offensively.  The only reason I say this is that the offensive line has gotten better at run blocking, but they lack the ability to protect for more than a 3 step drop. 
OK, two reasons.  Sean White makes the short to intermediate throws very well, but much beyond 15-20 yards, he is not terribly accurate.  If a team can stop our ground game, there's not much threat to keep their safeties deep enough for the short-intermediate passing game to make much noise either.

Don't get me wrong, I am really excited about the turnaround the O has made.  I just know there are at least a couple of stout defensive lines in their future in Georgia and Alabama that might make things uncomfortable again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 02:55:26 PM »
Lemme inject a little dose of reality in here before we pencil the Tigers in playing the Pats in the Super Bowl...

MSU and Arkansas have abysmal run defenses.  Ole Miss may be even worse, so it hopefully won't show up this weekend, but if Auburn can't just force its will running the ball it could be a long day offensively.  The only reason I say this is that the offensive line has gotten better at run blocking, but they lack the ability to protect for more than a 3 step drop. 
OK, two reasons.  Sean White makes the short to intermediate throws very well, but much beyond 15-20 yards, he is not terribly accurate.  If a team can stop our ground game, there's not much threat to keep their safeties deep enough for the short-intermediate passing game to make much noise either.

Don't get me wrong, I am really excited about the turnaround the O has made.  I just know there are at least a couple of stout defensive lines in their future in Georgia and Alabama that might make things uncomfortable again.

Wasn't taking Alabama for granted.  Rather, I was saying that the IB is possibly for all the West marbles.

Agree that we haven't shown much passing lately...but we haven't had to.  Sean can pass the foosball when we need it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 02:58:10 PM »

What a buzz kill!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Ogre

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 03:01:11 PM »

Don't you have some baseball to go watch?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 03:07:05 PM »
Don't you have some baseball to go watch?

and NASCAR?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 03:36:52 PM »
We may be 5-2 but Buzz isn't feeling it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions