Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Glow-Bull Warming Update...

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Glow-Bull Warming Update...
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 02:57:34 PM »
Speaking of tasty animals...  I hear that these things are delicious.  By the way, the tender meat would be complimented best with a medium bodied cigar (Macanudo, Hoyo de Monterey, Monte Cristo) and a milder Scotch (Glenfiddich).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7609393.stm

Rare African okapi seen in wild 
By James Morgan
Science reporter, BBC News 

An African animal so secretive it was once believed to be a mythical unicorn has been caught on camera in the wild.

Camera traps set by the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) in the Democratic Republic of Congo have captured rare pictures of wild okapi.

The giraffe-like mammals, which have zebra-like stripes on their rear, are under threat from the bush meat trade.

The sightings in Virunga National Park prove the species is surviving in the jungle despite years of civil conflict.

Dr Noelle Kumpel, ZSL's bush meat and forests conservation programme manager, said: "To have captured photographs of such a charismatic creature is amazing.

"Okapi are very shy and rare animals - which is why conventional surveys only tend to record droppings and other signs of their presence."

Okapis, which have a black tongue designed for grasping and holding, along with distinctive stripes on their behind, are the closest living relative of the giraffe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand