Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hate a Hog Week Starts Now

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Hate a Hog Week Starts Now
« on: October 16, 2016, 01:10:23 PM »
I guess we're playing for keeps now. I guess the kidding around is pretty much over, huh? I guess it's just a matter of pumping about five hundred yards of offense on the Razorbacks defense to teach you a little bit of a lesson. Is that it? I think it is!

Hogs are riding high having outscored the SEC West's most one-dimensional team - the Ole Miss Rebel Black Bears of NCAA Cheatery. The QB is tough and takes a lot of hits. Those add up over time and we know our defense will get after his ass. Gonna need Carlton "Cheap Smoke" Davis to shut down their WR #4 (Crayon Hatchback or something). Mountie Adams and the boys up front should be able to deal with #22 out of the backfield. Biggest key is our offense doing the thing. Pound it and make timely, safe throws. Whitey is good at letting the game come to him. If Kerryonmywaywardson is healthy a heavy dose of him and KamTrain Pettway should keep us out front and keep the Hog defense on skates. I expect a good game - it usually is - but no reason Auburn can't take this one being at home in front of the JumboVision and all.

Have you hated a Hog today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Hate a Hog Week Starts Now
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 01:57:22 PM »
It's going to be one hell of a hard fought game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 02:04:56 PM »
Auburn opens up as a 9 point favorite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

jmar

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 03:12:05 PM »
Uh yeah, Coich say if we play our gaps, keep everything in front of us and limit our mistakes we should come out on top.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 03:43:08 PM »
Sports!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »
I like outside chopped hog from Green Top bbq.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 05:01:48 PM »
Auburn opens up as a 9 point favorite.

That's a bit higher than I'd figured.  Hmm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 06:11:51 PM »
I was surprised. I figured it would be somewhere in the vicinity of 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 06:16:24 PM »
I guess we're playing for keeps now. I guess the kidding around is pretty much over, huh? I guess it's just a matter of pumping about five hundred yards of offense on the Razorbacks defense to teach you a little bit of a lesson. Is that it? I think it is!

Hogs are riding high having outscored the SEC West's most one-dimensional team - the Ole Miss Rebel Black Bears of NCAA Cheatery. The QB is tough and takes a lot of hits. Those add up over time and we know our defense will get after his ass. Gonna need Carlton "Cheap Smoke" Davis to shut down their WR #4 (Crayon Hatchback or something). Mountie Adams and the boys up front should be able to deal with #22 out of the backfield. Biggest key is our offense doing the thing. Pound it and make timely, safe throws. Whitey is good at letting the game come to him. If Kerryonmywaywardson is healthy a heavy dose of him and KamTrain Pettway should keep us out front and keep the Hog defense on skates. I expect a good game - it usually is - but no reason Auburn can't take this one being at home in front of the JumboVision and all.

Have you hated a Hog today?

I think the correct term is caucasian .
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 06:40:53 PM »
I think the correct term is caucasian .

#SeanWhitePrivilege 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 09:54:07 AM »

I runied the Auburn lines from Vegas
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 10:14:22 AM »

IKR. You would think they would expect everything from Auburn to be three and a half now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 10:14:26 AM »

And probably a collard or two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 10:38:15 AM »
STATS! 

Never forget the 3 degrees of truth: lies, damned lies and statistics.  Draw from these what you will.

Arkansas has faced the following schedule thus far (W/L; Total O; Total D):

LaTech - 4-3; #1; #109
TCU - 4-2; #18; #69
Tx St. - 2-4; #107; #112
TX A&M - 6-0; #17; #78
Alcorn St. - N/R; FCS
Bama - 7-0; #7; #14
Ole Miss - 3-3; #44; #83

That is an average (leaving aside Alcorn St) of #32 Offensive Total and #76 Defensive total.  Leaving in only the P5 opponents, Arky has faced the average #22 Offense and the #61 Defense.  They've split those games against the P5.

Auburn, in that span, has faced the following schedule:

Clemson - 7-0; #13; #23
Ark St - 2-4; #106; #75
TX A&M - 6-0; #17; #78
LSU - 4-2; #88; #10
LaMonroe - 2-4; #83; #97
Miss St - 2-4; #92; #29

Averaging the opposition gives us #67 offensively and #52 defensively.  Removing the patsies and you get #53 and #35 defensively, and Auburn has likewise split the P5 opponents.

Let's examine the common opponent, TX A&M:

Arky lost that game 45-24 and only scored 7 in the second half (actually, in the 4th Q with about 6 minutes left on the clock) and had no real hope of mounting a comeback.  Meanwhile A&M laid 21 on them in the 4th Quarter.  That seems to speak to conditioning from the cheap seats.

Auburn suffered a similar fate against the Aggies, but the Auburn defense provided a stiffer test and allowed only 29 to the Aggies.  The Auburn offense was stymied in the second half until garbage time just as the Hogs were.

So...what does it all mean?  Looks like the Hogs offense has had the benefit of playing a softer schedule from a defensive standpoint and that has boosted their offensive ranking no doubt.  That said, Allen is a gamer and his receivers are very good.  They are using the pass to set up the run this year (which runs contrary to the media narrative which is bolstered mostly by Bielema's "rep" as an OLine/running game guru.)  That said, the only defense the Hogs have experienced which lives in the neighborhood of Auburn's defense is the Bama defense.  The Hogs took an L there, but did have some success moving the ball.

On the flip side of the ball, Auburn has been fighting an uphill battle, playing teams with an average defensive rating (P5) of 35.  This, combined with the Clemson and A&M offensive fuckery, has skewed the perception of Auburn's offense.  We're undervalued at #42 in total offense and I expect to show the Hogs that you can't make a living in the SECW with a total defensive ranking in the 90s...#91 to be exact.  If your defensive totals rank outside 70ish, Auburn drops these point totals on you: 51, 58 and 38 (that last one was on a hapless, but highly ranked MSU defense...#29). 

If the Tigers perform on offense with the continuity they have recently shown and continue to pound the run to set up White to Stevens/Smith/Slayton/Davis, I think they feast on the Arky defense.  Similarly, I think that the Auburn defense will continue to progress as a unit and the DLine will have a field day with Arky's struggling hogmollies.

I predict...

Auburn 35
Arky     17
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 10:59:35 AM »
After seeing your stats and seeing Ole Miss D stat, why in the hell is their "landshark D" considered so vaunted? I don't see it. Nor do I get it. And they weren't shit last year either. Talk about a lot of hype over nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 11:01:39 AM »
After seeing your stats and seeing Ole Miss D stat, why in the hell is their "landshark D" considered so vaunted? I don't see it. Nor do I get it. And they weren't shit last year either. Talk about a lot of hype over nothing.

The media narrative takes a season or two to die.  See also: Arkansas is a power running team with a dominant OL.

Arky: #42 rushing attack, but #24 passing offense.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:03:18 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
Also...come play with the pigs.  They love my post.

http://woopig.net/board/index.php/topic,87055.0.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »
The media narrative takes a season or two to die.  See also: Arkansas is a power running team with a dominant OL.

Arky: #42 rushing attack, but #24 passing offense.

A month ago I worried more about ole miss than Bama and arky. Now I'm at the opposite end. Arky is a more physical team than OM. Not as talented but seem better fundamentally coached (that hurt to say). And Bama is gonna Bama. So yeah now the hogs and Bama are my concern much more than Om. I thought ark should have won that game by more than they did. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 11:57:46 AM »
Also...come play with the pigs.  They love my post.

http://woopig.net/board/index.php/topic,87055.0.html

They're getting a little salty over there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 12:03:19 PM »
They're getting a little salty over there.

Law Tiger spittin' game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."