Not sure any more

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: 4-2 and I am just not feeling it
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2016, 12:00:45 PM »
I don't know that in the 3 weeks since 1-2 we've gotten all that better; the competition has played or is worse though. LSU was a mindfuck of a team when we got them and Kevin Steele is as much a reason we won that as anything. He knew Les was gonna try and lean on LF7 and so our dudes hunted him like a pack of Kaos' dogs hunt colored people on his property. The one and a half Sun Belt teams don't impress me. Monroe hasn't been good this year and Miss. State's defense couldn't close an umbrella.

And even if we are now "good enough" to be 7-5 or 8-4, is that really all there is to look forward to? Based on what I've seen, that's where we are and where we'll be. I guess I've allowed myself to believe there could be more but maybe there isn't. Maybe we are just Ole Miss with actual trophies.
I don't "know" that we're much better but I certainly believe that we are.

And I at least look forward to seeing what happens. I was so disappointed after the start, I didn't really want to watch.

If we continue to improve on OL and QB, I feel like we are capable of a serious run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2016, 12:07:19 PM »
If we continue to improve on OL and QB, I feel like we are capable of a serious run.

Or a case of the runs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »
Good luck with that.  I had shoulder surgery in May, and looks like I'm about to have it again.

Fighting golfers elbow, I get a shot in my elbow on Thursday.   :jaw:

And I can't make it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2016, 12:58:36 PM »
I don't know that in the 3 weeks since 1-2 we've gotten all that better; the competition has played or is worse though. LSU was a mindfuck of a team when we got them and Kevin Steele is as much a reason we won that as anything. He knew Les was gonna try and lean on LF7 and so our dudes hunted him like a pack of Kaos' dogs hunt colored people on his property. The one and a half Sun Belt teams don't impress me. Monroe hasn't been good this year and Miss. State's defense couldn't close an umbrella.

And even if we are now "good enough" to be 7-5 or 8-4, is that really all there is to look forward to? Based on what I've seen, that's where we are and where we'll be. I guess I've allowed myself to believe there could be more but maybe there isn't. Maybe we are just Ole Miss with actual trophies.

Lsu was a much better team with etling than Harris. With etling they prob beat Wisconsin. We were just as much of a mess as them going into it. As far as identity and coaching hot seats. Statistics show we are much improved from that game on. And miss state front 7 had been a pretty good unit until we happened to them. That's the kind of game we lose in 2012 or even last year. But we didn't. We dominated it. Like we were suppose to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2016, 01:24:07 PM »

And I can't make it.
Snags gets a couple of shots in the throat next Saturday, and you don't hear him complaining. Quit being a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2016, 01:31:56 PM »

I guess it always depends on what your aspirations were at the beginning of the year.  I expected us to be somewhere around an 8 win team, which I would say so did the majority.  I still see that potential and I do see us moving forward.

Whether or not we have gotten better I will say this Lash definitely called a good game this past Saturday and IMO thats a huge improvement.  We weren't predictable, until the middle of the third quarter anyways.  Defense has definitely taken a step forward. I hope Gus has finally realized and is finally making the proper adjustments.

I still don't get your flip-flop though.  We are playing better regardless of the opponent and now you are down on him?  What made you high on him before and now suddenly you are down on him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2016, 01:39:05 PM »
I guess it always depends on what your aspirations were at the beginning of the year.  I expected us to be somewhere around an 8 win team, which I would say so did the majority.  I still see that potential and I do see us moving forward.

Whether or not we have gotten better I will say this Lash definitely called a good game this past Saturday and IMO thats a huge improvement.  We weren't predictable, until the middle of the third quarter anyways.  Defense has definitely taken a step forward. I hope Gus has finally realized and is finally making the proper adjustments.

I still don't get your flip-flop though.  We are playing better regardless of the opponent and now you are down on him?  What made you high on him before and now suddenly you are down on him?

Both sides of the ball are top 35 in yards per game. And Top 25 if measuring points per game.

Can't remember last time we had that. 04, 05?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
Snags gets a couple of shots in the throat next Saturday, and you don't hear him complaining. Quit being a pussy.

Do you hate pussy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2016, 03:19:00 PM »

Do you hate pussy?
On the contrary, I grab it when I can.

I'm deplorable in that regard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2016, 03:20:01 PM »

Do you hate pussy?

On the contrary, I grab it when I can.

I'm deplorable in that regard.

So in this regards I cannot be hated.    #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »
A little something to help you feel better.....

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/122136/at-the-halfway-point-auburn-looks-new-and-improved-and-dangerous

This was a pivotal season for Gus Malzahn and Auburn. There were question marks back in August, and nobody really knew what to make of the Tigers.

After Saturday’s 38-14 win at Mississippi State, most of those questions have been answered. It might have taken a couple of games, but Auburn looks to have finally figured it out as it heads into an open week.

Question: Who would be the quarterback?

Fans would have liked to have seen this question answered a little sooner. But after the quarterback carousel we saw Week 1 against Clemson, Malzahn and his staff have stuck with Sean White as their starter, and it’s paid dividends.

White was 14 of 18 for 204 yards and a touchdown against Mississippi State on Saturday. His lone mistake was an interception on a ball that should’ve been caught by Tony Stevens. The sophomore currently leads the SEC in completion percentage (69.7), and since the season opener, he’s completing 74 percent of his passes with six touchdowns and the lone interception he threw Saturday.

Aside from a late appearance against Texas A&M and mop-up duty the past two weeks, we haven’t seen much of John Franklin III. This is White’s team, and he’s growing more and more confident every week.

Question: Were there any running backs left who could carry the load?

In the offseason, Auburn went from having four capable backs returning to having just one. And that one, Kerryon Johnson, had very little experience and questions about his durability.

Through the first five games, Johnson was among the SEC leaders in carries (102), yards (517) and touchdowns (6). The sophomore did injure his ankle on the opening drive Saturday, but Malzahn expects him to return following the bye week.

However, Johnson’s injury paved the way for Kamryn Pettway, who proved Auburn has more than one durable back on its roster. Pettway carried the ball 39 times, the most since Tre Mason carried it 46 times in the 2013 SEC Championship Game, and finished with 169 yards and three touchdowns.

At this time last year, Pettway was battling for playing time at H-back. Now he's third in the SEC, averaging 101 yards per game.

Question: What would the defense look like under Kevin Steele?

This might be the biggest surprise, and it didn’t take a week or two to figure it out. The Auburn defense has been rock solid since holding Deshaun Watson and Clemson to 19 points in Week 1.

Coming off a game in which they shut out Mississippi State in the first half, the Tigers are now ranked No. 19 nationally in defensive efficiency. Carl Lawson is second in the SEC with six sacks, and fellow defensive lineman Montravius Adams has been just as disruptive up front. Adams even returned a fumble for a touchdown Saturday.

“Every week our defense has done something that’s the sign of a big-time defense,” Malzahn said after the game Saturday. “And every week, they answer the bell. I’m real proud of them and Coach Steele and our defensive coaches. They’ve got a lot of confidence.”

Auburn has addressed concerns during the season, too.

After the first three games, the Tigers had more negative plays (32) than any team in college football. On Saturday, the offense was picking up big chunks on first down like it was nothing. They found a rhythm that was reminiscent of the 2013 group that finished second in the SEC in points per game.

Auburn beat LSU despite not scoring a touchdown. The offense went five of six in the red zone with five field goals. In the two games since, they scored on nine of their 10 red-zone trips with eight touchdowns and one field goal.

“We’re getting better,” Malzahn said. “Our team knows it. Our coaches know it. We’ve got to continue to do that. Very few teams in college football actually get better throughout the year, and we’ve got a chance to be one of those teams.

"I feel good about where we’re at.”
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:16:08 PM by AUownsU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2016, 08:35:12 PM »
Lashlee called a very good half v. State.
I want to see us get both backs healthy at the same time and start putting two consistent halves together. And if we can do that with our defense making stops who would want to play us...who?

*Takes three whos to be owl-like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2016, 09:47:21 PM »
Word on the streets is Carl Lawson ain't shit. And ain't never been shit. Anyone hearing this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2016, 10:30:48 PM »
I don't "know" that we're much better but I certainly believe that we are.

And I at least look forward to seeing what happens. I was so disappointed after the start, I didn't really want to watch.

Right there with ya. After the Clemson game I was shocked at how bad the offense looked, but the defense did make me feel a little better and I thought then, if we could just get a little more production out of the offense we could still be pretty good. Felt a little better after we curb stomped Arkansas State, then aTm came...was right back to where I was after the Clemson game, if not worse, because aTm is not as good as Clemson was and we looked like shit on offense again. Then I felt better after the LSU game, just need to work on the red zone a bit more, then we stomped the shit outta ULM and Mississippi State scoring a lot of TDs in the red zone...I'm feeling a little better about our team than I did before the season. Imo, we need to keep the OLine as is, and allow them to gel, because it's a stronger one than we had the first 3 games, except for Right Tackle Robert Leff (he's pretty weak). So, continue working with the 5 that we have now and continue working with Sean White helping him to see the open receivers a bit quicker (that comes from studying film, knowing exactly where all of the receivers will be before the ball is snapped, and where the defenders will be based on their alignment & tendencies).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2016, 12:29:56 AM »

Here's the thing. I'm not saying we should fire Gus. In fact, I still think that is a stupid idea. I defended him because I believed three games wasn't enough to make that kind of judgment. Six games in, I have a better sense of where this is going and it is going towards the expect 7 or 8 wins. What do we really know? We know Mississippi State is really bad. We know we would dominate the Sun Belt. We know the defense is improved enough to keep us in games so ,AU E we don't have to have a great offense anymore. What I'm saying in the OP is I'm struggling to come to grips with the thought that 8-4 may be the ceiling here with the current configuration of the SEC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2016, 03:23:16 AM »
Word on the streets is Carl Lawson ain't shit. And ain't never been shit. Anyone hearing this?
Have heard but werd from the peanut gallery is that Cowart is some sort of victim to politics because Marshall has family working at the school.

The other side of this could also be that Cowart might not play the run so well or is not performing up to Steele's overall standards.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:49:07 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »
Here's the thing. I'm not saying we should fire Gus. In fact, I still think that is a stupid idea. I defended him because I believed three games wasn't enough to make that kind of judgment. Six games in, I have a better sense of where this is going and it is going towards the expect 7 or 8 wins. What do we really know? We know Mississippi State is really bad. We know we would dominate the Sun Belt. We know the defense is improved enough to keep us in games so ,AU E we don't have to have a great offense anymore. What I'm saying in the OP is I'm struggling to come to grips with the thought that 8-4 may be the ceiling here with the current configuration of the SEC?
8-4 might be the ceiling but aside from Saban's "process" we know when Auburn has a legit defense and can run the ball we can play with anybody in 'murica. Combine that with an accurate QB and a talented albeit raw receiving corps and we are back in the hunt, not necessarily contenders for the SEC West but the team others fear.

That might not be enough consolation but we got off to a rough start and the A&M outcome can't be changed any more than the LSU loss of 2013-'14. That team grew better game by game and it was a fun ride. We didn't play two halves in the finale but maybe having Gus overseeing will remedy that tendency.

Not the type to pump sunshine but we have all the elements coming together for a damn fine season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2016, 07:23:53 AM »

And I can't make it.

Mine was so bad I thought I was going to have to quit playing. I couldn't even do simple things like lift a glass it hurt so badly.   Then I got one of those bands you wear on your forearm. That thing works. Wear it when I play and while I've still got a little soreness from time to time, it's 10000000 percent better. 

I'm wearing that and a copper sleeve on my knee.  Both work really well. 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:29:08 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2016, 09:32:22 AM »
Mine was so bad I thought I was going to have to quit playing. I couldn't even do simple things like lift a glass it hurt so badly.   Then I got one of those bands you wear on your forearm. That thing works. Wear it when I play and while I've still got a little soreness from time to time, it's 10000000 percent better. 

I'm wearing that and a copper sleeve on my knee.  Both work really well. 

You know, I've tried all sorts of moisturizers. I even went fragrance free for a whole year. Now my sister, she uses some kind of aloe vera with a little sunscreen in it, and ideally, we should all wear gloves when going to bed, but I found out that that creates a kind of an interference with my... social agenda, you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:34:53 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions