Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

There's no need to fear. Jay is here!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
There's no need to fear. Jay is here!
« on: September 23, 2016, 06:27:46 AM »
Phillip Marshall gets the exclusive.  Jacobs needs to keep his mouth closed.  I get sick of seeing his puffy, greasy face yapping.  Smarmy fuckhole.  I don't see other ADs running their dickholes like this guy.  He needs to shut up and not do interviews like this. What a magoo.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-AD-Jay-Jacobs-We-have-to-stop-losing-games-we-should-win-47666952
Jacobs says he doesn’t follow social media, but he’s far from oblivious to the gathering storm. And he says things must turn around.

“We have to stop losing games we should win,” Jacobs told AuburnUndercover. “No disrespect to our opponents, but when we have a chance to win, we have to win. We have to get better on offense and continue playing well on defense.”

Auburn struggled mightily on offense in falling 19-13 to Clemson in the season-opener and 29-16 to Texas A&M last Saturday. Both games were at home.

â€œThere is nobody more frustrated in trying to figure out a winning solution than Gus,” Jacobs said. “He’s working day and night with his assistant coaches to put these kids in position to win.”

But the bottom line, Jacobs said, remains the same: “We have to win games.”

After last season’s team went 6-6 in the regular season and finished 7-6 with a victory over Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl, Jacobs expressed support for Malzahn but said on WJOX-FM in Birmingham “there's no excuse for going 6-6 at Auburn, even though you lost a couple of games by one possession or less.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: There's no need to fear. Jay is here!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:47:05 AM »
Is that an indirect demand or empty platitudes? Inquiring minds...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »
That's an early job interview for whomever the new President is.  "See!  I can be tough!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:49:16 AM »
Is that an indirect demand or empty platitudes? Inquiring minds...

It's whatever you want it to be.  Slippery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:34:11 AM »
The AD, who wants this corch here for a long, long time just threw that same corch under his own bus.

Nice work, Jay.  You're all class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 09:58:01 AM »
That's what I mean. 

You don't hear the AD at Mississippi State saying shit like this. 

Less than six months after "gonne be our coach for a long, long time" and "people want to flip folks out of here like pancakes..."  he comes back with this passive-aggressive threat. 

The smarmy fuckhole just likes to hear himself talk and show everybody how important he is. 

I'm saying it again. From the very first time I saw him in his role as AD -- and I was in the pressbox when he breezed his greasy ass in for the first game where he was in charge -- I've hated everything about his doughy ass.  He's a puss.  He sucks up to people over him and treats those he deems "beneath" him -- which could be as simple as someone who doesn't attend the same church he does -- with dismissive contempt. 

He thinks of himself as the ultimate Auburn man, but the skeevy greaseball is the antithesis of everything that means Auburn to me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 10:05:24 AM »
While I'm with you re: my distaste for Jacobs, I don't find anything in this interview to disagree with.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 10:12:35 AM »
While I'm with you re: my distaste for Jacobs, I don't find anything in this interview to disagree with.

He shouldn't have given it and if he did he shouldn't have made the statements he did. 

I'm not saying what he said is wrong, only that he doesn't need to talk shit in public.  He's a moron who loves his own exhalations. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 10:34:31 AM »
He shouldn't have given it and if he did he shouldn't have made the statements he did. 

I'm not saying what he said is wrong, only that he doesn't need to talk shit in public.  He's a moron who loves his own exhalations.

^^This^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 10:46:40 AM »

True, He is trying to quell the locals with his words.

But maybe if Gus wasn't such a cluster fuck right now, he would not have had to. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 10:49:59 AM »
True, He is trying to quell the locals with his words.

But maybe if Gus wasn't such a cluster fuck right now, he would not have had to.

Problem is, it's his hire.  And he's publically distancing himself from the guy and in addition, he's publically confirming there's trouble in paradise.  If he had to speak at all, just leave it at the one comment he made about Gus working day and night to put us in a position to win. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 10:51:55 AM »
Problem is, it's his hire.  And he's publically distancing himself from the guy and in addition, he's publically confirming there's trouble in paradise.  If he had to speak at all, just leave it at the one comment he made about Gus working day and night to put us in a position to win.

As stated, he is interviewing for his job for the next President.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 12:54:45 PM »
Jay needs to take the job himself and defer his own salary toward the buyout.
That's commitment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 07:32:24 AM »
Blowhard doubles down on the stupid-speak.  Glorifies himself. 

The man is a complete embarrassment. 

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/09/auburn_ad_jay_jacobs_doesnt_se.html#incart_most-comments

Gus has taken us places nobody has ever taken us before as an offensive coordinator, as a head coach, twice to play for a national championship in four years. I think there's only three schools that have done that in the last five or six years and we're one of them. So they'll get it figured out I think but we need to move along and get it figured out pretty quickly. ............

"We're in the business to win. Having played and having been here so long I know what the formula is and I know if you've got a bad formula................I'm better prepared to look at the horizon and see what's potentially there but at the same time, hope's not a good strategy. We need to have a good plan in place, Paul, to be able to win some games. I'm counting on Gus to get that done because we are providing him everything he needs to get that done."

I hate him with the heat of a billion suns.  He knows what that formula is. 

REALLY?

Historically bad in every single sport except softball on his watch.  Every sport is plagued by turmoil, confusion and inconsistency.

He's a fucktard.  A sweaty, puffy puss who needs to go back to working at the funeral home.  Worst AD in college football.  A complete disgrace. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions